• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

2014 lunocet

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Status
Not open for further replies.
flintlock2.jpg
It appears we are poised on the edge of a technological revolution!!!! In the mean time we pull the trigger and wait !!
flintlock7.jpg

This "shipping in 10 days" popped onto facebook about 2 weeks after I was promised that mine would ship in 2 weeks. I'm very impressed with Ted as an innovator and inventor, and with what he's come up with and produced, just from the reviews, pics, and vids I've seen (of which there aren't enough, or easy enough to find), but somebody needs to partner with this guy and keep him on the straight and narrow production-wise and that's all there is to it. In my book if you can't make good on your promises, but you can't stay in business promising what you can make good on... then you need to change your business/production strategy, and now is not soon enough. I personally would have said "ok" if he told me 2 months--mainly because I already had the impression that this is the short end of the waiting list. For me understanding grows out of being as straight-forward as possible with people, and anything else is just being a sucker (for better or for worse). I'm rooting for ya, Ted, but this one man business, even as it evolves, is obviously not working for what I would say is probably still an introductory market, and we both know that regular business is not as understanding as these dedicated divers are.

It's cheaper to search for, even train, and employ good help than it is to piss people off and have to give concessions to maintain their business/loyalty--It really is. Plus it gives you a greater foundation for growth. And I can only imaging how much the strain managing all stages of production tends to put on the conceptual and development end of it, not to mention your personal time.

Anyway, I'm not telling you how to run your business, I'm just telling you how I expect to do business. I think people on this board have been way too understanding--way too willing to be taken advantage of just because they like you and what you're doing. Having only spoken with you once, I like you too, but business is business, and IMO no matter what a great person you are, and what a great product you have, 2 months for the promise of 2 weeks, paid up front, is taking advantage. I see it as hurting a wonderful thing, and no one else is calling it what it is, so there it is.

People tend to make excuses when they're pushed to their limits, when the truth is that in this world there is no excuse good enough unless you're willing to settle for less than good enough, so consider this a friendly but firm kick in the pants from a fan who doesn't want anything but what he paid for in his turn so that he can breach and dive. :D All the best.

Reactions: noa and Kars
Hi to all,
i do have to agree with Ichthys!
I ordered also the 2015 pro, and i asked Ted personally in front of the order how long it will take... of course two weeks...
Dont ask how long i am now waiting, dont count the mails to him with no response and also the many times i spoke with him on phone.
I dont know him personally, but he seems to be a good guy.
But if someone tell me personally 3-5 times "shipping will be on..." and it doesent... well that sucks.
Just think, it´s better to think about bevor your speaking...
Don´t say what you will --- Just say what you can do ! and this with guaranty
And even if not... it´s business you have to give your customers informations (in time) for delays or anything else what happend
In my case i will also compress my vacation and will drive later to my holiday, and believe me i get into trouble with my wife
because i will wait a few days more to recieve the fin bevore we´re leaving.
And she already give-up- dont believe any word..actions just convince
Ted told me a lot of times he will shipp it by time... he knows about my described decicion.
Just really really hope He know what he can and will do.
Confidence is the beginning of all

keeping in faith...

Please don't postpone your holiday because of waiting for your lunocet!!!! You always have to wait longer than expected

Letting know to anyone interested that I am selling my Lunocet Pro.
It has been in the water three times and is as new.
The spring has a new, larger pivot pin bushing in it to eliminate play (works perfectly) and when the 2015 spring upgrade becomes available one will have that extra, free of charge (besides shipping).
Asking price is $300 instead of $400 and is available to ship right away ; )
Pm me if interested...
I have one in the same conditions.... let me know if interested

I have one in the same conditions.... let me know if interested

Marginatus!

Don't give up! I now have Noa's exoed and ready to swim...... Arrived in Nebraska yesterday!

Unfortunately, I have a thousand miles to drive for a wedding before I can get back to the water.

IMG_20140812_222301700.jpg
IMG_20140812_222301700.jpg
Neurodoc exo modified one that he says is fantastic. He suggested I go even stiffer so I did.... We'll see.

Do you have a 2015 on order? ..... Me too. Using this experiment to build a (short!!!!) bridge in time till it comes.

If Ted's latest ten day extension didn't back fire on him, the first ones should be on the way. I haven't seen any update after that so maybe it's close to delivery day?

Great to see all the new names in here! I realize your fin arriving is the only answer at this point. It will be Much more fun to come in here and read your swim stories!

So begins the next Lunocet chapter! I really believe that the new updates to the already excellent Lunocet design are going to result in a fin that will blow your socks off. This is going to be the best fin available, and I'm excited to be getting one!

Out of curiosity, what order number/date did yo have?

Just wondering, I still haven't heard anything whatsoever, ordered in January (last E-Mail response from Ted in February) at order no 1104.

Or is the deal you get bumped up in the queue, if you write an angry forum post? If that's required, I can of course do that as well.

I don't know if the tracking numbers are in numerica
Out of curiosity, what order number/date did yo have?

I thought about asking the same question then decided not to in case numbers started appearing out of sequence and then that'd start a whole other tale of woe. Right now I don't want to start counting down order numbers, I'm just going to wait with bated breath.

Reactions: Marco_W
I don't know if the tracking numbers are in numerica

I thought about asking the same question then decided not to in case numbers started appearing out of sequence and then that'd start a whole other tale of woe. Right now I don't want to start counting down order numbers, I'm just going to wait with bated breath.
Have to admit, it was more of a rhetorical question.

People who made angry and/or numerous posts on this forum have gotten their fins delivered WAY before people who have been waiting for 6+ months (going by past evidence from this very thread).

I'm just wondering if there is any chance I will be able to get a fin by late October (an amazing 10 month delivery time), when I have a trip planned, or if I should just give up, report the whole thing as fraud and buy a mono from one of the substantially more reliable Ukrainian suppliers, who seem to have no issues delivering from a war zone.

Based on the track record of zero response to any communication since February, I suspect the answer will be no.

Reactions: Fondueset
I hope it's too late to complain BECAUSE everything is about to smooth out for every one of us...... I got my first monofin years ago from Croatia (I think). It took six months too so I was somewhat prepared. Loved it when it came. Had my name in script on the blade and the flag of my home country. Thought those were cool details. Loved it too but these are SOOOO MUCH NICER TO SWIM WITH!!!!!

On the concern about out of order shipments...Just in case I get a 2015 early.... Pretty sure I place the very first preorder for that one. Ted offered me that opportunity partly because I occasionally asked him to send my 2014 pro which I knew was near shipment to some others who had the trip of a life time on the line.

Never actually got one till Noa's came yesterday. That didn't bother me because my self modified exo 2014 Classic was working so well. I just swim in a pool near my home.... Nothing exotic or irreplaceable.

Never considered that might give Ted a bad rep for shipping out of order. Honestly think he cares for all Lunos and wants us submerged asap!

Last edited:
Reactions: tak_seo
Just to keep everything in perspective, shipping out of order, IMO, is a pretty normal consequence of not being able to keep up with your sales volume/deadlines. Some customers are going to get more irate than others, and unless you're prepared to effectively handle matters the simplest solution is to take care of that loud (or visible) customer first. This is why I didn't give my name, and said specifically that I just want my fin in my turn. I'd like to see the problem dealt with effectively-- I don't want to be put at the front of the line just because I've made an issue out of it--that wouldn't be fair to everyone else. This is the only sin that I would lay at Ted's feet, coupled with the fact that by now he should know better and what might have been reasonably understood as wishful thinking or being over-ambitious must, after the time-span covered in these forums, be viewed as irresponsibility.

Am I willing to wait? Assuming what folks have said about the Lunocet Pro is true, then definitely--yes. However I draw the line at self-deception, and I've had enough nice people take advantage of me to know better than to make excuses for Ted. I gather you could start a fair-sized support group of folks waiting on Lunocets for months on end, and that isn't right. Unfortunately I believe it boils down to this--Ted needs to change his promises, or change his production strategy, or be exposed as a man who is willing to do neither, and in a nutshell that's all I have against the man, despite this being my second tough reply. You can't constantly be making improvements to your production methods while constantly giving people false delivery promises--something needs to give, and the two need to meet somewhere in the middle.

Ted, you need a part-time secretary to keep your orders straight; a production manager you can trust to oversee material acquisition, production, and quality control; and two CNC operators/fabricators to do the manual labor. Then you need a brilliant salesman working on commission to keep all of ya busy, and he needs to see to your internet media distribution and visibility problem, and work with your website developer. Also your website needs to detail every step of the evolution of the Lunocet so we know in glorious detail why we're buying a 30" fluke instead of a 40" wing, and we have something to drool over while we wait 14 days out of the 21 that your secretary/website will have indicated to get our shipping notice. ;) <3 Cheers. Hope you have a good week.

to be truly...
the usps is slower as a slug what had taken speed...
tracking is working, but if you send something inside or from out Germany it works much! faster...
Maybe cause its here not longer a stae own asset
I`m just glad to be able to track it already via DHL...

Hmmmmmm..... Does one of those compound scanning images appear to be a successful breach using the new Luno? We haven't seen that image without the back ground... Could it be posted clean or explained? The light / dark split in the logo back ground could be misinterpreted as a horizon line.... Other wise a breach could be what the photo is. That would be a fortuitous event in itself and impart great expectations to the capabilities of the device..... Now made for efficient hydrotouring and competition efficiency..... Just happens you may be capable of leaping along the way? Have to say if true that's incredible!

Does seem that event would have been trumpeted had it occurred.... So maybe not.

ISO-PS.gif
IMG_20140817_082939862.jpg

A swim that I've been looking forward to for a long time finally arrived this morning!

Swam the exoed 2014 Lunocet Pro! Yes, that's the 'Ol Pro not the one just being released.
This one was Noa's ..... So happy to give it a home.

I expect we are nearing the end of this 2014 Lunocet Deeper Blue thread. This fin transitions to but would not truely fit in the suggested 2015 Lunocet thread.

No doubt my experience this morning lends great promise to the 2015's about to be shipped. Essentially as with my classic I augmented strength and durability of the stock spring with a rubber disc cut from a tire side wall. I do this because of an impression that the only aspect of performance in the fins lagging behind has been flex pattern. You can see that Ted has really addressed that problem for the 2015 model..... Not quite in our hands yet.

Walking down the hall toward the locker room the Pro felt noticeably heavier..... Actually noticed butterflies in my belly looking forward to the swim.... Didn't feel heavy at all in the water!

Of course those first few highly anticipated strokes are very revealing!!! Hmmmmmm..... Already at the other end of the pool... (Like the boat in " Jaws": We're going to need a bigger pool!!)

This one is 25 yards long and six lanes wide... A bit narrower than long. Being Sunday morning I wound up alone in the pool so I like to swim the length then a 90° corner and across the deeper base. It's something I can do repeatedly during the remnants of the hour. Started watching the second hand on the timing clock and noticed that a very comfortable trip down and over took thirty seconds. Picked up the pace a bit (cleaner streamline nicer corner) and could do 25 seconds. Mashed the gas once and did between 22 & 23 seconds. Then I have to rest quite a bit longer to go repeatedly. Not fancy timing just looking at the clock before submerging and upon breaking the surface after swimming the "L".

I was tickled maybe a bit surprised or genuinely impressed that a bunch of performance came with a very sustainable effort so the conservative paced "L" trips could be repeated after a fairly short rest.

For me making another 90° at the end of the "L" and swiming another length on that same breath for a "U" is a pretty maximal effort. (Kindly forgive me for being old and huge¡)

Did one of those and found it to be the most comfortably I've ever arrived at the third corner. I sense the next corner and width are a reasonable new goal to complete the trip all the way around the pool ending at the starting point. That would be a big accomplishment in my tiny world. (I don't have like minded people around me so I don't do risky stuff. Just come up when I feel I need to breathe.)

In the photo you can see a yellow Allen wrench inserted where the foot pads bolt to the frame. I found them to have loosened during the swim. They can break if you don't keep them tight! I had failed to check them ahead of time. They are tight now! You should keep an eye on that with your new 2015's when they come...

The whole experience was great fun. Something to be enjoyed as often as possible and as long as possible! Hope there are a bunch of us swimming 2015's real soon!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT