• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

2james 3rd annual keys kraze

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

andrsn

Just visiting...
Aug 26, 2001
during the wonderfully mild days of april 12th-19th, way down in the sunny isles of the florida keys(marathon), kk'03 will occur w/ your hosts, 2james and deeperblue.

for most of you that aren't familiar w/ the annual event, it's simply a gathering of great people who enjoy a common interest... the ocean. :cool: last year was filled w/ new faces and talent, along w/ oodles of fresh lobster and fish exquisitely grilled w/ qban flare. :D this year brings more of the culinary and photography color to the beautiful reefs off the 7 mile bridge, but only to add to the main focus of the event.... freedive spearfishing.

well, along w/ 2james, deeperblue would like to extend an offer to all db members who would like to attend.

please pm or email me for information about this/the area/accomodations/etc.

anxiously,
anderson
1of2james

due to the amount of emails, i'll post some accomodation/travel links.

i have already reserved 2 villas for the main group at knights key inn. there are hotel rooms and suites available, but i suggest you book them as early as possible. ask for james kyle and tell him you're with anderson york's group that's staying in the villas next april.

also, there's knights key campground which is the most reasonable if you're on a budget. you still need to book in advance, though.

for those of you who are out-of-towners, you can fly into either miami (mia) or fort lauderdale (fll). if you can afford it, you can even take a connecting flight all the way down to marathon. or, we can get a discount for multiple passengers using the keys shuttle.

for those of you who are thinking about attending, please use this thread to try and gather enough people for making boat rentals/transportation/accomodations affordable. once enough people commit, i'll help w/ finding the best deals.

anderson

haha - anyone driving from Pacific Northwest? poor student can't afford Plane ticket!

Can drive for 24hours + without sleep!

Sault St. MArine to Calgary....

:head

Willer

surgeon general's warning

just a note on what goes on at a kk event...

1. wake up
2. chow :p
3. hit the water
4. avoid tax collectors in grey suits :martial
5. eat if there's time :p
6. hit the water :D
7. avoid more tax collectors :crutch
8. come in off the water :waterwork
9. clean fish/gear/boats/self :blackeye
10. watch aquiles and sven cook
11. eat what they cook :yack
12. pass out zzz
13. repeat steps 1 through 12 for 6 days. :hungover

please take into consideration that this event is a "fend for yourself" type of deal. the reefs are about 4 miles from shore and require boats. there are plenty of dive operators in the area and could pose as a viable option for many.

again, please email me if you have any questions and note that this is still 6 months away.

anderson

only 6 months??!?!?? My gawd, I'd better start packing now :D :duh

And Sven, we'll see about that :confused: I wouldn't want to ruin my image with actually doing anything that resembles work :hmm

3a. point out to sven the difference between an ornamental and a grouper! :D

3b. stay up current of m-2 :yack

3c. look for big fish right under the blind migrant :cool:

andrsn
.._[:]p

If I wind a lottery, I will fly to good OL' USA......... and join u guys.:D :D

Have fun people........

For those who hate washing their own underwear, you may try disposable paper "panties":t

What's wrong Anderson, you don't like my special chumming technique?

We'll see how you fare in your 'fish wangling' with your little 'wabbitech'.

:ko :ko

yeah, whatever M-2. :t

uncle sven gave me a great idea. he's got an awfully tacky YELLOW shirt for the BFOTD (big fish of the day) winner for pictures. but, i think i'll go as far as making that person wear the yellow jersey the following day in the water (yellow rash guard :D).

might clash w/ your laura ashley camo pattern, jay! rofl

andrsn

Would that 'yellow jersey' be in the shade of 'yum yum yellow'?

Sounds like it would look real pretty on Aquiles.

:D

jay, at least i gave you credit for possibly wearing the yellow jersey. :D i think i remember aquiles adding nothing but a few grunts to the cooler. rofl

you two might be a good match up to comprise "team flaco"! :D

adios, muchachas! :D

:cool:

Originally posted by andrsn

uncle sven gave me a great idea.
andrsn

Yeah, there's a first...:hmm

And I don't want to hear about the migrant doing any grunting either, cooler or no. :yack

sven

hey everyone, lobster season closes in march, but spanish lobster are fair game all year round w/ no size limits. just can't keep the ones w/ eggs. just have to look up for them, too. they hang on the cave ceilings. ;) i think they taste better anyways. :cool:

Team Flaco leader here,

Jay, don't worry I got wind that SVEN and Anderson are going to call themselves team flaccid. This name was inspired by the Abalone picture that Sven put on the spearfishing pics thread. :cool:

Later
Aquiles:cool: (The migrant QBN)

long as it's close to the, uh, bottom...

Hey, don't pin me with the pendejo!!

Actually the flaccid thing is a non issue, due to my prediliction with abalone. Ya see, you need to get down there and root for 'em! mmm.:p

sven

Sven
Can you use language like that on the net? In the 'Land Down Under', root is a four letter word. At least look for a 'Sheila' not a mollusk.
Aloha
Bill
P.S. Kona is being 'blessed' with an Ausi Invasion this week, rumor is, more on the way.

Hey Aquiles,
Lettum talk, it's you and me this year. I figure since you live there you can do a little "scouting" for us on scuba and find the big dumb ones. Then to keep them in the area maybe start hand feeding them.rofl Least thats how I heard it was done in the "real" contest.:duh
Jay
BTW: I'm going to be in K.L. 11/4-20 for an Aquarius mission. I'll give you a call, I may hang around for a few days afterward.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT