• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

A competition you can't miss... Oktober 2008

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Any news on how much the cash prize is? Is there one for men and one for women or just an overall?

The comp is announced as STA-DYN-DNF but there's no mention of no fins in the programme - is it going to be included?

You can go without fins in DYN, if you like that instead. (but DNF will not be a discipline by it's own)

I have no info about the money yet... sorry.

/B

Kathryn bill is in egypt now. Email Will T (i looked at their website and it seems that Will has done some teaching there)

As it happens I am at Lignano Sabbiadoro right now.
I haven't seen a better setup for a pool comp: a 25m and 50m pool side by side, with onsite accommodation, spectator seating and excellent facilities.
The 25m pool is uniform 1.4m deep and kept at 29ºC (Suunto D4).
The 50m pool is between 2-2.5m deep and slightly colder (28ºC).
Accommodation is onsite at the GeTur tourist complex.
Alessandro has been describing the set-up for the October competition and it sounds like it will be all class: 8 underwater cameras with big screen feeds, professional commentator, national Italian TV, and much more.
I don't know if I am allowed to pass on the figure for prize money, but I can attest that it is significant.
Will.

Interesting, I did not even know there is AIDA in Italy (aside from Bill who is residing there)! I though Italian freedivers are all under the AIDA ban by CMAS. Is this the first attempt to hijack them from under the usurpating totalitarian CMAS? I wonder how many of them will break the ban, with the vision of the "high" prize. Could you tell us how much it exactly is? Is it comparable to the competition in Dubai? And will it be really only for the first one in totals, or are there some smaller prizes for others than the absolute winner?

As it happens I am at Lignano Sabbiadoro right now.
I haven't seen a better setup for a pool comp: a 25m and 50m pool side by side, with onsite accommodation, spectator seating and excellent facilities.
The 25m pool is uniform 1.4m deep and kept at 29ºC (Suunto D4).
The 50m pool is between 2-2.5m deep and slightly colder (28ºC).
Accommodation is onsite at the GeTur tourist complex.
Alessandro has been describing the set-up for the October competition and it sounds like it will be all class: 8 underwater cameras with big screen feeds, professional commentator, national Italian TV, and much more.
I don't know if I am allowed to pass on the figure for prize money, but I can attest that it is significant.
Will.
I assume though that Bill's comment about a lack of a dedicated no-fins section means that a no-fins would be in the 50m? A pity that there's no chance of having a crack at that.

Interesting, I did not even know there is AIDA in Italy (aside from Bill who is residing there)! I though Italian freedivers are all under the AIDA ban by CMAS. Is this the first attempt to hijack them from under the usurpating totalitarian CMAS?

llol!! i knew you'd be the first one to pick up on that... i couldnt mention anything like that in the news, its too controversial. ;)

I wonder how many of them will break the ban, with the vision of the "high" prize. Could you tell us how much it exactly is? Is it comparable to the competition in Dubai? And will it be really only for the first one in totals, or are there some smaller prizes for others than the absolute winner?

UAE/Italy to compete for the best prize money ;)

Well looking at this, I can (99%) say see you there guys.

Ps. for the money price, is that for overall win or by discipline?

I Wish I were good enough to enter.

Right that's it, some one give me a hand to abscond my Fiancee and move us both to Wellington so I can join the Lazy Seals "world record production line" :)

Best of luck all those who enter GO THE KIWI CONTINGENT!!!!!!

The cash prize will be awarded to the overall winner (STA + DYN aggregate).

There will be a CMAS competition run contemporaneously with the AIDA competition in the same venue, giving a chance for athletes from the two organisations to mingle and watch each others' performances.
This is a world first.

The Italian Federation of Chronometers will be in charge of measuring times and distances, giving their official ratification.
This is a world first.

An LED mega screen will be fed by 8 underwater cameras operated by professional videographers.

Apnea Evolution doesn't do things by halves...

GREAT news there!! Just plain GREAT, can't wait that...

Is there a web page with detailed info? How can one register? Both for CMAS and AIDA competition...

Turns out this competition will also be the first with a live feed to the internet . Many comps have made this sort of promise in the past, but here they have the equipment to make it happen.

I Wish I were good enough to enter.
You know this is exactly the kind of attitude we are really struggling to overcome in NZ. You do realise that competitions (especially the first ones) are a learning experience - you can't expect to win at your first comp, but you might have a great time, learn a lot, set a new PB and make some new friends. There's no minimum ability required, we won't think less of you for trying, and the sooner you start the faster you'll improve. Why don't you come to Wellington for the next comp? It's a lot closer/cheaper than Italy and you can bring your partner too! Email me and I'll add you to the mailing list.

Are there any more details available about the competition? I do not see any of it addressed on the http://www.aidaitalia.com/ website yet.
  • Schedule?
  • When will be the registration possible and where?
  • Registration deadline?
  • Maximal number of participants?
  • Starting fee?
  • Exact location?
  • Accomodation type and price?
  • Any minimal limits to meet?
  • Open or for AIDA members only?
  • Other conditions (insurance, health certificates, etc.)
Thanks!

I will be trying to come. It looks like it could be a very nice and well organized competition, so I hope there will be more info coming (answering trux's questions etc.).

And does it say anywhere if the winner will be overall or separate men / women?

Cheers,
Elisabeth

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT