• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

A formal invitation.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Saturday 17th March, that came around quick.
Hope you all have a good time and a safe dive.
Looking forward to the pictures of the after dive party.:friday

Just came back from university will pick up my whole stuff take the next train to Memmingen and wait for Johannes to arrive with his crappy car ;o)

Sanso if there is still fog at the lake what I cant imagine cause here is the greatest weather ever.... so if there is still fog, take your hairdryer go out of your house and start to blow. Cause if we come down we wanna see the nicest blue sky when we dive rofl

And dont be sooo considert with the light. Last year we only used our lights ab 22-23 o´clock in Überlingen, so we shouldnt have a big problem by the day ;o)

Looking forward to see you guys!!!

Have a great weekend guys, diving and beer tasting all weekend long sounds awesome :)
Note to organiser: we will be expecting full report and pics by no later than monday afternoon... even if you still feel slightly hungover and a bit nostalgic because the weekend is over rofl

HAVE A GREAT ONE GUYS

Note from organiser:
Confirmed. Will have great one.
Intend to delegate picture-posting [and optional raving about hosts] to participants.
Can't concentrate on work anymore.
Will go home and start putting on suit so as to not waste time tomorrow morning.

Successful first day

Well we had our first day of Spring Freediving in lake Constance. The water may have been 6C but my 3mm was enough (with the help of Bioprene) to stay for 1 hr in the water.

The spot was down the road a ways for Sanso's house. It is a spot where you walk out in 9cm water until you reach the wall, that drop 90m.http://flickr.com/photos/robinslomk...flickr.com/186/424209366_a97fd636a5_s.jpg[/IMhttp://flickr.com/photos/robinslomk...flickr.com/151/424204814_c3dadd9cac_s.jpg[/IM

7 Divers made it. http://flickr.com/photos/robinslomk...flickr.com/170/424199862_933bc7a284_s.jpg[/IM

Photos at: Bodensee Deeperblue Meetup - a photoset on Flickr

My two favourites of the day.

Andreas

Sanso with Adndreas's fins behind

Reactions: sanso
Thanks again for this absolute amazing weekend!
We all enjoyed it very much to be your guests.
Looking forward to see the clip, I´m curious how the result will look like.

We´ll stay in contact and the next meeting for the summer is fix!

There are soooo many stones in Überlingen that just wait to be used as weights ;)

Enjoy the rest of the day!!!

Greee, "Borat II" ;)

I totally agree, it was an amazing weekend :)
There was everything you could possibly need, mainly named as friendly fellow freedivers, chilly 6°C water with ~7m vis, Sanso's great after freedive pasta, robin's amazing circus dog, his shorts, and last but not least good old german beer :D
Now they i had the chance to put a face on some of DB's finest member i'm gonna show you in all internet confidence the truth about Sanso ;)

My first reaction as i saw Sanso: Dude are you Herbert Nitsch?????? Well at least he has the mask and the hydrodynamic hairdress. Data shown in first picture :D

And the second picture... well... it seems Herbert is kinda sexy, don't you think rofl

Now seriously, it was an awesome time i spend with all of you guys. Next time i will be there again, count on it !
Christophe

Attachments

• SANY0012DB.JPG
    SANY0012DB.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_2211DB.JPG
    IMG_2211DB.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 220
Reactions: island_sands
bloody hell - what an apron rofl rofl
looks like you had a blast, which i could have been there for some of that pasta and i am wondering now about sanso's shorts.... rofl

details please!

bloody hell - what an apron rofl rofl
looks like you had a blast, which i could have been there for some of that pasta and i am wondering now about sanso's shorts.... rofl

details please!

Actually i don't know anything about Sanso's shorts (or should i ;) ? ) but i was talking about rslomkow's quite astonishing cold tolerance. When we were freezing after an hour of diving he was jumpig around in short pants (huh my english... actually i mean not underpant shorts). And consider the fact that he was diving with a 3mm suit in 6°c cold water!!!!! (actually he was wearing his shorts the whole weekend) brrrrrrr.
Christophe

hey boys and girls !

Yeah, we really had a great time !
one weekend just diving, talking about, drinking beer brewed of the water we were diving in :friday and having lots of fun with borat and C64 :martial !
do not forget the best dog i have ever seen !

and yes, Herbert was really there !

Sanso, once more: THANK YOU for that great event and everything you did for make this possible !

Hey everyone. :^)

First of all, let me thank all of You for coming over and making this event a weekend to remember.

I'll try to give an overview of what happend this weekend.

Friday:
I gathered that none of the participants could concentrate on what they ought to have been doing during the day, resulting in much fidgeting, early packing, leaving work early and cleaning the flat (in my case) and general brainless activism. Worst off - though - was Robin, who had work to do that couldn't have been postponed and who thus ended showing up late at the car rental place where their car had already been given away. After finding another place where they could actually get a car and an record-braking drive from Munich to Meersburg, Robin, Taska and Duco showed up in Konstanz at 1:00 am so tired that they made the dog carry the car key after unpacking.

During the evening, Felix, Jo, Kai and Christophe had showed up and were busy with their first beer, discussing all the things that they seemingly hadn't had anyone to talk about with for years: Yoga, breathing techniques, personal experience and diving background, PBs, fins, suits, neoprene and coatings - loads of info had be gotten across, I tell Ya.
Elvira (Missus Sanso), not as much into all of this, was amazed at how much nonsense a handful of people could blabber about.
It was Felix who finally introduced some sanity here:

Elvira: "So, what kind of suit do You have?"
Felix: "A black one?"

Saturday:
With breakfast set to 9:00 o'clock, I wanted to get up half an hour early to get things ready and fix coffee and stuff, but walking into the living-room, I found Christophe, Kai and Jo watching the last bits of Mr. and Mrs. Smith. - They now blame Jo for not being able to sleep any longer. :D
Shortly after breakfast, Andreas arrived and we could set off for the divespot on time, leaving just one car with a dead battery behind. - A good thing that more people had taken their cars over than originally planned.
The diving itself was just great, with the water even 7˚C warm, as opposed to the 6˚C we'd expected, and not too much wind.
With a wall and Andreas' buoy/line to dive down along, we had enough to do and were able to stay in for 50-60 minutes. The after-dive pictures show some seriously broad smiles. :D
Back home we found wonderful Elvira already making salad and preparing stuff for the after-dive feast, and in no time the room was filled with the sound of cutlery on plates.

The afternoon found all of us chattering about the dives, looking at the first pictures and starting the evening-program (possibly a bit early) with the first brews going around. Andreas unfortunately had other appointments that day, so he had to leave early.
Eventually, Felix went to loot the White Pearl (his mobile home / VW-Bus), returning with a bottle of Bombay Sapphire. Soon enough he started shoving glasses of Gin and Tonic into our hands.
A vision of Jo on the sofa (zzz) and Kai having mutated into a short version of BorДt made us decide not to risk drowsing away or join Kai on his road to insanity and head out into town. A first visit to a local favourite bar, the Klimperkasten, was a nice warm-up for some shaking the booty later on, but this was thwarted by Konstanz' nightlife not providing adequate entertainment.
We finally ended up with a long stroll from Disco to Disco through the more industrial area of Konstanz and then taking a taxi back home for some more hanging out in the kitchen. Luckily there also was our sturdy C64-in-a-Joystick so we could end the day with some serious figure skating and biathlon. (Winter Games rock!)

Sunday:
Even if the morning had looked any better than it did, most of us certainly were in no condition to go for another dip in the lake. I think we did look a little, say, used..(see attached picture number three)
Andreas called to see if we were heading out once more, but I had to disapoint him. Breakfast was much slower this time and we spent the rest of the day collecting and distributing pictures from/to everyone and hanging out in the sun (that had come out around noon unexpectedly) on the balcony
A change in the weather finally got everyone's butts up and the first DB SpringJam in Konstanz came to a good end.

Facit:

What people left us with:
- Hardly any mess at all. They even cleaned up before leaving!
- Two small bottles of Shampoo/Conditioner (see first attached picture). Those always come in handy when travelling.
- An old T-shirt (see second attachment)
- Guestbook entries :D
- Smiles on our faces. :)
- A taken spot in Andreas' next **-course in Wasserburg. (That would be taken by me, then)

I know for sure that we'll do something like this again and I'll be accepting suggestions for when to launch the DB SummerJam in Konstanz!

P.S.: I know I left out a good deal of episodes. I'm sure the others will be able to fill the gaps. :t

Attachments

• P1010740.jpg
    P1010740.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 204
  • P1010732.JPG
    P1010732.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 201
  • P1010731.JPG
    P1010731.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 242
Reactions: maytag
Hi Sanso and Everyone -

WOW. :thankyou What an awesome time it looks like all of you had! I really enjoyed reading about your Spring Jam. I can't believe Herbert Nitsch was there!! I remember when you were concerned about attendance early on! Congratulations on a great event! Cheers to all,
icon10.gif

Any pictures of the dogs? :)

Last edited:
Hey Sanso,
The T-shirt is mine, i knew i would forget something :head
in fact it's my girlfriend's, so now i have a good excuse to come by again :D
Have a nice day,
Christophe

Sanso, Christophe
jeez i can see what i missed! I cant believe rom dives in a 3mm in 6degC water? :confused: sheesh!

Sounds like a marvellous weekend, we are off tomorrow to Fujairah for freediving for 4 days and have a little fun of our own ;) one of our students, (who is Emirati) has offered us his chalet on the coast for the week and we even get our own "manservant" rofl rofl

wooowwwwww poor guy i wonder if he knows what is going to hit him rofl

Hope to join you next year in a drysuit though :D

very nice!

Very nice,

whats crackin! First off almost, again a big thx to Sanso & Elvira, their hospitality is just magnificent. It truly was one wicked weekend, looking forward to the revival. Everybody has to come, it was such a loveable group

The white pearl made it save to Austria, but today on the way back from work to my grandpa, driving trough 10 inch of new snow, was just to much. Her botty was shaking quiet random, scary s***. Well had to walk the last bit.

Sanso, your summery is spot on. Nothing much to add, next time maybe more diving and less...more drinking.

One more thing, C64 rulez!

So far, lots of hugs,

Felix

Shorts for all seasons! I actually brought long pants on the off chance that it would get cold. It waited until the weekend was over to get cold around here (mixed rain and snow today).

I found my 3mm too warm for diving in the 18C water of Tenerife. My watch was registering 6C in the water. I think the 7C must of been the balmy surface temperature. Elios 3mm, definitly much warmer than my 1-piece Aqua lung 3mm.

The fun thing about the cold water is the dive reflex kicks in. 50 seconds feels like nothing at all. Go down to 15m star around, fall a couple meters deeper, look around. Try to remember to tug on the rope! And float back up and take pictures of the diver coming down to greet you!

I have to admit it was the most fun I have ever had in dark water. I still need more practice diving with other people and figuring out how to fotograph divers in limited visability.

jaybocca's gin and tonics hit the spot in the evening though.

I put up some more pictures to my album. Most notably these documents of our public performance in the Klimperkasten. :D

You will instantly recognize Kai and Felix giving us their interpretation of the friday-smileys: :friday

Attachments

• P1010702.JPG
    P1010702.JPG
    179.8 KB · Views: 194
  • P1010696.JPG
    P1010696.JPG
    182.8 KB · Views: 202
  • P1010698.JPG
    P1010698.JPG
    181.6 KB · Views: 196
  • P1010699.JPG
    P1010699.JPG
    179.8 KB · Views: 203
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT