• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

AERIS F.10 User Feedback

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
It's definitely got more bells than the d3 - I really liked the alarms. And it is WAY easier to read. My D3 is still chugging along - now on it's 3rd battery. Turns out you go through batteries on any of these units much faster if you are in the water a lot. This is an image I took yesterday and put up the another of the F.10 threads.

25965d1255268011-new-freediving-computer-unveiled-dema-08-img_1824.jpg

It's definitely got more bells than the d3 - I really liked the alarms. And it is WAY easier to read. My D3 is still chugging along - now on it's 3rd battery. Turns out you go through batteries on any of these units much faster if you are in the water a lot. This is an image I took yesterday and put up the another of the F.10 threads.

25965d1255268011-new-freediving-computer-unveiled-dema-08-img_1824.jpg

I'm not sure how many batteries I've gone through in my D3, but I suspect its something like 10 or even more. I bought it not long after they were introduced.

Of course I don't like alarms at all. I don't want to scare fish. Actually, I suppose I wouldn't mind setting a max depth alarm.

That image looks great. I wouldn't have to squint like I do with the D3.

The mode its in during a dive is really minimal - just depth and time - and a visual alarm indicator when you hit one. I don't like to look at my gauge at all during a dive which makes the alarms helpful - but I did with both the d3 and this one at the Blue Hole. Last time I was not able to read my d3 at 34 meters - but I could read the f.10 at 47.

Thanks for the image fondi - with all the F.10 has to offer, readability usually doesn't make the feature and benefit list, but is obviously so important.

Hey Doug, what about the rumour of the F10 not getting released in Europe for being to small a market? My diveshop keeper had this as a response from his Aeris Europe representative.

Fondi: on that photo do you have the screen protector (that comes in the box) on?

The one that came with mine is very thick, like 1mm and quite opaque. It was also too large and required a crappy scissor trim to fit. I am thinking of using one of those cell phone ones, or nothing. The screen with no protection at all has a killer contrast (ie great). With it I seem to have beer goggles on.

I will try to post some photos later.

PD. on a happy note i managed a pool DNF PB last night (15m over past PB) wearing the watch. Ahem, not sure how watch helped but some supernatural powers are clearly there..

Some of the early ones shipped with the wrong size protector - mine being a case in point (the wrong size one is the one on mine in the photo). Also - I found that the paper cover on the protector that peels off does not cover a sticky surface. I think it is there to help you position the protector. Instead there is a very thin, transparent piece that you have to peel off in order to expose the sticky part - then it works really well. If you drop Aeris a line I am sure they will send you the right size protector.

thanks fondi, will drop Doug a line. Mine says 09090 310 or something like that. Would seem to imply unit number 310.

Correction it is: 09900310

Last edited:
Currently I'm also a happy D3 user. In the pool I put the diving mode off. Has the F10 this option to? Here I only use use the stopwatch and the very useful continuous countdown function.

An inter-graded HR monitor would be very cool, though I would still like to see a 'cheap' freediver computer around to satisfy the beginner and advanced freedivers.

What I really do fancy is the Blue tooth implementation.

On the light function being an option as an alarm function. Well As I understand it the F10 already has the blinking LED giving a visual indication. As for reading off thedisplay at depth, the 1 touch button function would satisfy in my opinion.

Different alarm sounds assigned to the different alarms would be nice, helping to distinguish them from each other.

Recording more than 99 dives would be nice for many people. I always like to show off my deepest dives in restaurants to interested people, running though the profile in real time with the numbers climbing while I'll explain what I'm doing and experiencing at that depth is very cool to do. Unfortunately my D3 only records the maximum numbers, but not the diveprofile of the deepest dive.

I'm happy with the sturdy design, solid buttons and big easy to read display and 'serious and classy' look of the unit. Also the E 259 price is something that one can safe towards to and doesn't cost you a vacation. I hope the interface cable has a reasonable price to.

Kars:
Currently I'm also a happy D3 user. In the pool I put the diving mode off. Has the F10 this option to? Here I only use use the stopwatch and the very useful continuous countdown function.
Hi kars,
i got the f10 today, did not yet use it in the water but went carefully through the manual.

You can inhibit diving mode just by deactivating the wet-activation, so the f10 does not log.

Concerning the repeated countdown function, I also use that often with my d3 in the pool and like it a lot . As far as I can see, the f10 does not have this function. what you have is a surface recovery time alarm, but that works only in diving mode. Than you have a countdown function in watch-mode, but it is not continuous and counts only full minutes, not seconds. Finally there is a Countdown function in free-surface mode, with minutes and seconds, but apparently it is also not continuous like the one on the d3.
Maybe I just did not discover it yet, but the continuous countdown seams not to be there.

Cheers

Ivo

Reactions: Kars
Now here is a funny one, that may be just me: when re-submerging (snatching up a dropped speargun for example) shortly after completing a dive, the last dive time increments.

For example: i dive for 1:30, come backup. fool around for a while, at 1:00 surface time, i drop down 2m to catch something (re-activating dive mode), on popping up again my dive time reads 2:30, quite misleading?

I should hasten to add the watch is still very new to me and may have some program problem. My surface time alarm is at 2:00.

Ideas?

You can change the interval for the reset between dives. It comes set at 60 seconds - which is not good if you are doing spearfishing or shallow photography.

Reactions: azapa
You can change the interval for the reset between dives. It comes set at 60 seconds - which is not good if you are doing spearfishing or shallow photography.

what a champ fondi, thanks for that, now let me see which button to press and for how long... I wonder what the old suunto d3 equivalent was set at?

Hi.

I just got my watch, tested it yesterday in the pool, starting to love it. I had a D3 before and i liked that one a lot too. I specially like the big display, easy to read, good looking, maybe everything is somewhat too the right but its ok.

The functions are easy to find, easy to set, everything is consequent (except for Timer in Time-mode) witch is very nice. I specially like SRT (Surface Recovery Time), EDT (BDSI Between Dive Surface Interval was a nice addition to) (Elapsed Dive Time) for pool-sessions, easy to use, no fuzz, great use. I have no depth now to try the rest, RDI, DD1-3 but i'm eager to. Love the log - easy to navigate, easy to read.
The Pro-mode in log made me laugh, to playback the dive - im sure i will love this as i playback my new PBs next summer!

Wet Action (turn off auto freediving mode) is great, i like to set my watch manually when i dive.

Questions
Timer in Time-mode.
Its easy to set, hard to know if i really turned it on. I don't get any feedback, ON/OFF is constantly flashing (annoying)! Why cant i set seconds btw? I know if its on when a minute has gone by.

Chrono
I think its cool that you automatically create a Lap 2 when i stop the chrono, great feature (i guess i had no question here).

When i was finished with my pool-session i noticed that the surface time was counting many hours later, i eventually forgot about it and the next day it was gone. How long is it counting? Can i stop it? I switched between Time/Free, didn't do the trick.

What sux
Im a lefty. You now know force me to switch arm just to see the light in a relaxed position. Or maybe i just keep it on my arm and learn to twist it in a very relaxed way. : )

Its kinda big, to big to be a everyday watch i think. Im still testing (day 3 : )).

Furture requests
Knock-on-glass-backlight (lika a Cochran dive comp - then you could use the L-button for other stuff. With a setting to turn it off when i dont need it).

One or two user programmable settings for the backlight, depth and/or by time (since im lefthanded and cant hardly see the little bulb on the other side).

Profiles. Would be great to be able to have different profiles, one for pool, depth etc. Important to not sacrifice the easyness that i have now.

Mac software of course plus integration to my iPhone. Or even better - to do settings via my iPhone with a sexy app. Wireless via Bluetooth?

Heartrate Monitor Integration. Would love to see DR kick in as i decent into the depths..

: )

My 2 cents

Does anyone know a reseller in the Bay Area (I'm in Santa Clara for the week).

Thanks !

I've had the F10 for exactly a week now and it is crying for a battery change. I've gone diving three times with it (about 50 times down), certainly haven't been overdoing it on the backlight or stopwatch use. Battery indicator came on and off since Sunday,

hang on, battery change indicator stopped blinking and is totally gone now...

hmmm...

Anyone found out how to change the alarm time (setting it was no problem, nor was switching on and off but changing time of the alarm is a totally different matter.

Oh no, it started again BATT CHNG when I press 'Mode'.

Might be me, but I think this is rather quick...

I just press the same buttons to set a new alarm time, A and S? Then A to switch from hours to minutes. Doesn't work for u?

I just press the same buttons to set a new alarm time, A and S? Then A to switch from hours to minutes. Doesn't work for u?

:naughty uhm, that did the job. thanks!

weird battery thing still remaining: no longer a battery icon on the display yet sometimes BATT CHNG status appears when pressing Mode > 2s.

I am using the dive profile function (PRO) without the cable, typing in depths (without the comma) in Excel works fine for now. Does the interface program provide any extra info but depth/time and min temp for the dive?

I'd get hold of the aeris rep in your part of the world - or the shop where you got it. You may have just got a bad battery - happened to me with my D3. Unless the gauge is wet all the time.

It has two processors - one for time and one for dive functions. The dive functions one uses more power and kicks in when it is wet.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT