• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

AIDA DEPTH WC 2009 in the Bahamas.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Baah he did in darknes among friends. He was obviously ashamed. So no UNashamed record.
Sebastian

Well, everybody who wants will have access to it through Shark Freediving. Maybe you should pick up the glove?:t

Congratulations to all the athletes, very 'clean' final.

Congrats to Jana for a nice birthday PB and NR !!
Congrats to Will Winram for finally landing the huge numbers he has been chasing...
Congrats to Molchanova and Will T. on world records as always.
And to Herbert for going for the WR with no training ! And almost makes it !

Biggest congrats though, goes to William Trubridge, for having the NERVE to knock off almost 10 meters from his PB and STILL MAKES A NEW WORLD RECORD.

To think that Will T. could have made it into the FINS final, diving WITHOUT FINS....

Yes i have seen the picture of his dive without any numbers but i was not sure how deep it is.
What do you think? Is Herbert going to catch the WR in CNF next week? With some training 2 meters more are possible..

Last edited:
If not, very close to it, in training (according to my calculations)

Well, it took Will 24 strokes to do 86m, and now he says the new suit allows 2 strokes less for 80m+, meaning 22 strokes for 86m, and he posted a graph of a 29 stroke dive, which is seven strokes more than 86m, with at least 2m per stroke at that depth, so 14m+ more than 86m.... do the math !!

If we could see the dive profile from the 90m dive, and count the strokes, it would tell us a lot...

I have to agree with your math. This man is meticulous and does not waste any energy or stroke and can determine his divetime to the second exact and stroke count is as stable as a swiss atomic clock. His whole divestrategy (that he also teaches) is based on minimizing energy expenditure so he would not waist any stroke.
So it is not a matter of if , but WHEN he will claim his place in the history books permanently......

Here are the official results

Attachments

• CNFRESULTS.jpg
    CNFRESULTS.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 223
Thanks to everyone for their support here, and the interest and enthusiasm you have shown to our event! It has been a magical occasion, both for the island, and it seems for most of the participants.
I'm going to thank some people now while I have the time, as I surely won't on the afternoon of the 5th!

First congratulations must go to Sebastian Naslund, highly efficient chief organiser and lively commentator, his multi-talented assistant Filip, the ever-professional AIDA judges, Grant Graves, Gabriela Contreras & Marcello de Matteis, the AIDA Canada safety team headed by Doug Sitter, our wise and composed medic, John Fitz-Clarke, Tanya Cartwright, who has mastered the huge task of finding rooms and vehicles for everyone, Kris & Jean Newman who helped with equipment and media and Salena Burrows who brought the event to the Bahamian people. Everyone else who has chipped in in any way deserves praise for making this event come together so successfully.

Personally I'd like to thank my beautiful new wife, Brittany, who has been not only shore coordinator and event organiser, but also such a great support to me during this period. Thanks also to my family, Linda, David and Sam, as well as my 'new family' Charlie & Joyce Beede, who helped so much on the island.
And I couldn't forget Kerian Hibbs, who has been a steadfast mental anchor for me as in-water coach and training partner. We will be collaborating with Kerian in 2010 for freediving courses in the Bahamas, so watch the Vertical Blue website if you are interested.

r.e. my ascent strokes: these are some interesting calculations, but they don't take into account the change in thickness of the suit I am now using, the difference between no lanyard dives in training and with lanyard dives in competition, and the gradual increase in TLC through a lot of packing...
Today was 27 ascent strokes :)

Reactions: kelp princess
Congrats to you Will T. on such a wonderful event and an impressive new World Record :king:king:king

Big shout out to Sebastian and all of the support divers and shore-players for making the event go so smoothly.

I am especially happy for Junko, Jana and Niki - the ladies represented :girlie

Wish I could have been there live in-person :)

Kudos to all the athletes

cheers,

kp

Well, it took Will 24 strokes to do 86m, and now he says the new suit allows 2 strokes less for 80m+, meaning 22 strokes for 86m, and he posted a graph of a 29 stroke dive, which is seven strokes more than 86m, with at least 2m per stroke at that depth, so 14m+ more than 86m.... do the math !!

Yes!!, for me was 98-102 (with some sd)

Amazing !!

Congratulations Will.

Turning out a fantastic dive while juggling the competition demands.

Respect.

Phil C

I would also congratulate everyone involved in the organization of the event.

Not easy to organize a big, high profile competition on this tiny island. Seems to have gone very smoothly -- haven't heard a single complaint.

Most of all, I think (and hope) that Will T. accomplished his goal of showing how awesome Dean's Blue Hole is for freediving, and now hopefully it will start to become the 'hang out' for freedivers everywhere, and the site of most freediving championships.

Big congrats to Will and all the competitors and supporters. It amazes me Will that you can not only run a competition but compete at the top level also - that fact says a lot about you and those supporting you. Simply amazing:thankyou:thankyou:thankyou

I got a really great laugh out of the unashamed dive by Christian Ernest. Are there any plans to add this to the list of official disciplines? There were a few moments during the video when I had to look away:blackeye

Congratulations Will. You did a great job again. Your CNF dives are amazing.
Come on tell us your secret.Since you managed a first place we can know your PB's :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT