• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

AIDA DEPTH WC 2009 in the Bahamas.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Interesting announcements for the finals!

I must Alexey's 111m announcement is puzzling after his samba on 102m and BO on 83m...!

Herbert lost his scuba certificate or what?
if i remember right he still had it CNF.
is there no instructor there that can for the sake of safety certify him?

no problem here... tried it in internet explorer 9 beta, 8, 7 and 6, firefox different versions and my favorite chrome.

Still problems?

No problem here either. Great report, Sara, and good luck to you all today!

Will we see you challenging Ernest in Unashamed soon, Sebastian? Then you can at least beat him in one discipline.

Last edited:
if you are tuned in and wondering about the new results, well, so am I. no calls yet. i suspect we will all know when things are done.

maybe its just as well as I am looking out onto a beautiful blue, but cold, Pacific Ocean, and i hear from the locals that the viz is great. Instead of reporting on dives I might actually go and try a few myself!

hang on a moment (squeeks back into house, wetsuit half on all lubed up):

olga - yellow card - turned early at 58
misuzu - white
klara - yellow, turned at 68
jarmila - white - nr
sara - white
natalia - white

Reactions: spaghetti
right about now Sebastian is offering around a platter of matured cheeses, nuts and grapes, accompanied by a slightly chilled Pinot Noir. Its not easy serving wine on a slippy platform, so lets wish him luck. In the mean while, the official intermission view from my terrace:

Attachments

• BluePacific.jpg
    BluePacific.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 211
what a view.....

and what an act viewing Deeperblue on smartphone :)

grtzzzzzzz pim

ok, back to business, and maybe the last update from this impromptu reporter:

Johan - white
Guillaume - white
Carlos - white, and looking very strong

Next installment probably by a tired Will from Hamilton's GOOD LUCK to all

A new Scandinavian Record for Johan Dalström. 101m and a white card. Very well deserved after all his incidents in trying to reach the magic mark.

Carlos looking strong after a dive to 110m. Maybe this dive will get him a medal. That's very promising. I really hope we get more divers competing with Nitsch and Stepanek for the CW World Record in the future. It will be good for the sport to have more Nations racing for the World Record and competing for the medals in the Worlds.

Thanks a lot to Simon for reporting.

Ed: Carlos' dive will of course get him a medal. The question is what kind.

Last edited:
Woooooow. Great for Carlos !!!!!
So that is at least a bronze (shared) medal ?

i thing at least bronze as you said... also maybe no bronze medalist if one of the last 2 fails...
it is a little bit anoing to have incomplete results...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT