• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

AIDA Indoor Freediving World Championship 2009 - Århus

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Aida is maybe unstable now, earthquake is coming ? ;)
Earthquake has come and gone, aftershocks still going. It'll be interesting to see what comes out of the rubble.

Strange that nobody is disussing it though.

Well, there are some articles, and some comments for example here:
Aida political issues
AIDA Sinking? | Shark Freediving

I opened a discussion, and asked for some info from the board on the closed forum of AIDA, but it looks like transparency is the last what the board is interested in. And frankly told, it surprised me too that practically nobody participated in the discussion.

Earthquake has come and gone, aftershocks still going. It'll be interesting to see what comes out of the rubble.

Strange that nobody is disussing it though.

Well not all can read assembly mails, but yeas.. interesting stuff... :)

Very interesting reading, thanks for the links Trux and Jorg.

Some seem to think that having "paid professionals" would solve the problem at the top of the pyramid... the world is full of paid professionals that do not deliver at all - I think politicians and you may think bank managers. Besides, paid how much? Would someone please compute how much the AIDA annual membership fee should be increased to pay salaries for a dozen or so professionals? I think we are lucky in our sport to have plenty of people with enthusiasm and knowledge, it shouldn't be too hard to find alternatives.

I don't know enough of the situation to pass a judgement on what would be the best solution... but it would be good to keep the information coming as openly as possible.

Guys, I know this is an important issue but here is not the place to dicuss it.

If you want to discuss AIDA issues, please start a new thread or use those provided by trux.

This threat is for information exchange on the 5th AIDA World Championship ONLY.

Cheers
Martin

The two impressive Swedish national dnf-records that were set in the competition pool during the weekend promise exciting results at the World Championship.
Who got the second one. I can only find result from the first day.

I think Chr. Ernest did 153m - he is really doning good stuff these days...

153m is a big improvement. But now the swedish record is ahead of the norwegian:naughty I will have to try and push the Norwegian record 2m then.

Does anyone know how they are going to do it in the heats in WC. What lanes they use and how many at the same time? Heats in the morning or afternoon? Are they going with the traditional start with the highest announced last?

153m is a big improvement. But now the swedish record is ahead of the norwegian:naughty I will have to try and push the Norwegian record 2m then.

Thanks Bjarte! I also know what you are capable of - I'm sure the Norwegian record will jump up as soon as you have a poolcompetition to go to. :friday

Ahh... I see, I see... the tention is rising amongst the compeditors allready... Looks like it's going to become an interesting competition...

Will we see some attampts on the 200m in DNF?

Can we start a little guessing game. What will it take to reach the finals in each discipline. Last WC in Maribor proved that it is quite hard to perform under the preasure of the big event and most projections proved wrong. As fas as I can remember one needed less then 7 minutes for men's finals in statics and around 135 meters for men's finals in DNF. I am not sure about DYN.
In Aarhus my guess is like this:
7.45 for statics final
155 meters for DNF finals
210 meters for DYN finals

Of course all this goes for men's competiton.
Miha

In Maribor, for DYN finals one needed around 177m. And I think you guess DNF at 155m for Aarhus about right... With DYN you went a little overboard.. I think turning 200m will be enough... so lets say 203m, and for static, I think you went a little bit overboard to... My opinion is that 7:15min will be enough.

But again, for medals...

STA - 8:10min
DYN - 225m
DNF - 175m

My guesses...

To get in the finals
STA 7:20
DYN 198 meters
DNF 155 meters

To get a medal
STA 8:20
DYN 220 meters
DNF 175 meters

(similar to what Goran predicts)

I think the following persons will try to do the first 9+ static in competition.
Ulf Dextegen, Stig Åvall Severinsen, Guy Brew.

I think the following people have dreamt about doing 200 meter without fins during this competition.
Frédéric Sessa, William Trubridge, Bjarte Nygard, Mikko Pöntinen.

Don't forget that this is hard and long competition, with qualifications and finals in one day... for 3 days... So this is wrong place to aim for huge results if you are competing in all disciplines... So i kinda think that the same thing like Maribor will occur. Nice and strong results, maybe one or two huge. No WR's for men (maybe just in dyn) and in women's division, one wr, in dnf.. others are possible but not probable.

I think there will be only one record attempt by Dave Mullins in DYN, maybe Alexey if he's coming. :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT