• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

airguns: Sporasub One Air 2012!!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hi Jason
I also have a 90 it does have some power behind it, I leave it at 23
And works quiet well loading isn't that bad. Just make sure you rinse
The handle really well, I pull it out and rinse( no need to do that just me))
So far a 27lbs striper and plenty of seabass. I did practice for awhile in the
Pool.
Thanks for the advice!

I've been laid up with a severed tendon in my hand and read this entire thread a few days ago to kill the boredom. My interest was piqued so I decided to call Mark at Technosport here in the states and ordered a One Air 90. I've been concerned that loading my band guns will be difficult at best until my hand fully heals so this gun should fit the bill nicely. Though I do have some reservations as my last foray into the dark side was met with utter disappointment - I thoroughly hated my Cyrano 970! Hoping for great things with the Sporasub. With luck I'll be able to post a proper review of my experiences with it shortly.

Hi Jason,
It's a good gun, I think you'll like it.
I have the 120 and it's fast and powerful at 23 bar (and almost silent). I think you could start at 20 or a bit less to make it easier to load. It has quite a bit more heft than alu rail guns, but that also means much less recoil.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it as I never really shot bandguns - I started on airguns. Especially hearing about its maneuverability and power compared to a bandgun would be interesting.

Good luck with it and please do remember to engage the line release before loading.

Best,
David

Last edited:
Hi Jason,
It's a good gun, I think you'll like it.
I have the 120 and it's fast and powerful at 23 bar (and almost silent). I think you could start at 20 or a bit less to make it easier to load. It has quite a bit more heft than alu rail guns, but that also means much less recoil.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it as I never really shot bandguns - I started on airguns. Especially hearing about its maneuverability and power compared to a bandgun would be interesting.

Good luck with it and please do remember to engage the line release before loading.

Best,
David

I like the idea of keeping the pressure low as my hand heals. I've really no need for a tremendous amount of power anyway - I'm all for low recoil and no muzzle jump. I settled on the 90cm because I'm not very tall and had real difficulty loading my Cyrano 1100. What techniques do you employ to load your 120?

David, can you remind me why it's so critical that I engage the line release prior to loading? Thanks in advace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the idea of keeping the pressure low as my hand heals. I've really no need for a tremendous amount of power anyway - I'm all for low recoil and no muzzle jump. I settled on the 90cm because I'm not very tall and had real difficulty loading my Cyrano 1100. What techniques do you employ to load your 120?

On the 120 and actually, on my Seac 90 as well I put the put the handle of the gun on my foot. Only difference is that with the 120, I use an extender on the loader which is not needed on the 90.

David, can you remind me why it's so critical that I engage the line release prior to loading? Thanks in advace.

One of our members have had an accidental discharge and after that, Omer/Sporasub came out and said that the line release has to be flipped out prior to loading. But I don't think the causes for that incident was ever fully identified. I have forgotten about the line release quite a number of times and had no issues. I think the risk must be extremely slight and maybe it has been fixed silently by now. When I got my gun there was no mentioning of it in the manual. Later, I found a PDF of the manual and there was a warning to do this on the first page. Also, his gun might have been one of the very first ones reaching a customer and there has been speculation that perhaps the assembly workers made a mistake putting it together not being used to the model yet.
But all that is speculation and I have not heard of any other misfires and now that my own "fears" have settled I am back in love with the gun:)

Took the 90 One Air for a dive yesterday, and I'm impressed! Blazing fast shaft speed and zero recoil. My only complaint is the line release is a bit short for multiple wraps of #250 monofilament shooting line. Getting accustomed to the One reel took only a short time. I may be ordering a 110 tomorrow.

True, often when I put four wraps on the release, it's hard to fit them onto it. And yes, it pulls them all...:)

True, often when I put four wraps on the release, it's hard to fit them onto it. And yes, it pulls them all...:)

It sure does, plus a little reel line! I couldn't be more happy with this gun. I've rerigged my shafts with Salvimar Clynema in hopes of alleviating the line release issues - I'll report back.

It sure does, plus a little reel line! I couldn't be more happy with this gun. I've rerigged my shafts with Salvimar Clynema in hopes of alleviating the line release issues - I'll report back.

Yup, my 120 does that as well: pulls four wraps plus a bit from the real @23 bar.

Good to hear that you like the gun. And yeah, that recoilless swoosh-feeling is really something. I finally got to shoot a band gun a bit recently (I basically started on airguns) and even though it was only a single-band 75cm gun (18mm band, I think), it def had more recoil than my 120 One Air.
I think if I am ever going to get a band gun it will be a (compound) roller.

I do think you'll find that the 110 tracks slower than a similar band gun though. But for blue water, it might not be as much of an issue.

I only have the One Air in 120 cm and a smaller Seac in 90 cm. On the reef, the Seac pans nicely (though the mono vibrates annoyingly). Much, much faster than the One Air 120 and I suspect faster than a One Air in similar size would do. How do you feel the One Air 90 maneuvers?

I don't think it tracks as well as my C4 guns but the beauty of this gun lies elsewhere; power, silence and handle to barrel alignment.
Tracked well enough to string up this 61 pound striped bass :) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373335803.490948.jpg

Wow impressive fish, looks like you hit it pretty high up..that must of been a hell of a fight?

Wow impressive fish, looks like you hit it pretty high up..that must of been a hell of a fight?

Yeah, not the best shot placement, hit her as she swimming down my right side away from me.....she fought like hell! Didn't help that my reel jammed forty feet down :(

Yeah, not the best shot placement, hit her as she swimming down my right side away from me.....she fought like hell! Didn't help that my reel jammed forty feet down :(

What size gun how much power do you shoot with?

I guess I'm dropping mine down to 20 aswell, mine is at 23.do you have the gauge plus the scuba connection? I have both take seconds to fill.

I guess I'm dropping mine down to 20 aswell, mine is at 23.do you have the gauge plus the scuba connection? I have both take seconds to fill.

I do not have the air tank connection for quick filling, only the pressure gauge.

Hi all,

Just recieved a new One Air 80. Looks nice although a few scratches around the muzzle.
The manual is really really bad, and since I and new to pneumatic guns, I have no idea how to operate the gun: pump it, change handle etc.

Could any one be so kind to show how you pump the gun - access and procedures...
- or refer my to a better manuel maybe a similar pneumatic gun.
I am really surprised that the manual is this unfinished!!! - only a few illustrations but entirely useless!

well, thanks in advance.
Carl

Hej Carl,
Selvom du er dansk, så tager vi den på engelsk;-)

Great to see a fellow Dane here so had to great him in our local tongue:) And great to see some love for the Dark Side in a place where people are still mostly shooting band guns and even in the shops they'll tell you old tales of how much maintenance a pneumatic gun needs. Sorry for the rant, I just find it plain silly.

Anyways, back to Carl.
I reckon your One Air is assembled with its handle and therein lies the problem. Take the handle off by punching out the retaining pin just about where it meets the barrel. It's a tight fight. You'll have to find something of more or less the same diameter and maybe even take a hammer to it.

Once the handle is off you can screw in the pump. Pump it up to about 18-20 bar to start with until you get used to loading it. Later on, you can always put more in. I have 23 bar in my 120 but that's more for open water and I suspect you'll be hunting the shallows around rocks a lot.
If you have the pressure gauge, then good. If not, then there should be a table of pump strokes and resulting pressure in the manual.

Once pumped, fit the handle again and go spear. Remember to always flip out the line release before you load the spear and cock it.

That's pretty much all there is too it. You might find a one or two things annoying - though you should love the gun for its fast and powerful shots.
Eg. when it is not loaded, there is no where to put the spear. Put a rubber band around the muzzle and one on the handle to hold the spear. That helps a lot. Likewise, when you have to exit the water, you have to shoot to unload, but that's a minor nuisance.

Just be aware that 80 is likely the size where the tip of the spear will be by your face when you are almost loaded, so tilt the gun away from your face when you load it. Just in case you make a slip and the spear gets away from you before you have locked it in the trigger mech...:)

Let us know how you like the gun.
I suspect it will be a great gun for mullets and trouts though it may not track as fast as smaller barreled bandguns.

I'd love to see more praise for pneumatics in DK:)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT