• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Big Bluefin Are In!!!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Iya, let me catch a monster first without drowning and then I will consider showing someone ekse. If you ever want to come to this part of the world you are more than welcome to come spearing.

hi

That fish in the pic is a damn big fish, are they good eating at that size, where was it shot Spain??

cheers

The fish was shot in Spanish waters although they don't mention where for obvious reasons.

I don't know if they would be as good to eat as a smaller sized one but I'd definitely tuck in.

I remember diving Tarifa and seeing an enormous tuna head by an under wreck. I put my arm on it and it came from the tip of my fingers to about mid chest across from top of the head to the throat. The bad thing about it is that this enormous fish was eaten (suggested by the jagged gnaw mark from behind the gill plate and the rest of the body missing. I could cover the eyes with an open hand and to think that something bigger is in the water sent chills up and down my spine. Good luck Shaca...if you do get one send pics.

Those are the Killer Whale victims. THey tend to roam these waters hunting Tuna during the annual migration.

A spanish sport fishing boat cauht a 370 kilo one this weekendm on 130lb line. Not bad eh!!!

Can't wait to see one of these monsters face to face in the water

Shane,
I could imagine you behind this cannon, grinning to the bluefins!!!

I already have. Waiting to collect my gun from Rome on 23rd September. Then I will be ready to rock and roll!

I think it would be quite hard to swing that thing round for a fast moving tuna.

big guns like that you dont track...you intercept and let the fish swim in front of the gun. There is no way you could swing that thing! Good luck with the BF

May be wong guns are more mobile than those things and enough for bluefins but who can afford to buy such an expensive gun from other end of the world:hmm

To be honest i am not sure if 7mm shaft with double 16 is enough for 370 kilos bluefin:confused: I heard some story here how tuna hunter guy lands 50-60 kg fishes with small euro gun. He dives benath of the fishes and shoot from below of the fish, the spears enter through the throat and exit through the skull.

Fabrizio says that the Tahiti can handle 2x 18 or even 2x20.

I think that would be enough.

hi

That Super gun is so overkill I reckon what a waste of whatever its made out of :hmm

Shane 2 20mm is plenty just get nice and close :D

cheers

Fabrizio saying his guns are mde from hard tropical wood. Altough all in one piece. There is no joint in between muzzle and handle.:cool: Yeah may be double 18 or 20 is enough. Who knows??? Its seems you gonna find it yourself:cool:

What do you guys think of Picasso's new Tuna Slip tip with double flopper?

Last thing I need on my tuna rig.

I am the fool who can swing that big thing:hmm What in the world possessed that guy to build a cannon he has to swim with like that.:duh

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT