• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Branko Petrovic 9:20 STA

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Congrats to Branko Petrovic for the best 'real' static ever done in history under official conditions!

Congrats to Branko Petrovic for the best 'real' static ever done in history under official conditions!

As much as I don't like world record Made in the backyard swimming pool with weird equipment and weird breathup... I am wondering if Mifsud record wasn't done under official condition? There were Aida judges and protocols if I remember correctly. Am I missing something here?

Congrats to Branko :friday

9:32

wow....

Well, congratulation to you too Vedrana, you seem to be behind this huge result as the trainer if i'm not wrong.
Care to share some more details about the preparation?

thanks

Thomas

Well, congratulation to you too Vedrana, you seem to be behind this huge result as the trainer if i'm not wrong.
Care to share some more details about the preparation?

thanks

Thomas

Well , i can't take credit for that :)
We only communicate via emails......It's more like guidelines ....
do this, not that.....do co2 tables today.......
tomorrow apnea walking,......that kind of stuff.
he has been training "like a maniac" and this is result !!!

Reactions: ThomasB
Well , i can't take credit for that :)
We only communicate via emails......It's more like guidelines ....
do this, not that.....do co2 tables today.......
tomorrow apnea walking,......that kind of stuff.
he has been training "like a maniac" and this is result !!!

I have the feeling your inbox is going to be full before the end of today :)
I might actually drop you a few line myself, considering the amazing results :D

Congratualations!!!

"Training like a maniac" - well that's what's nearly all sports records demand.
The trick is to find a good balance between training and resting and keeping the motivation up.

Love, Courage and Water,

Kars

Well done Branco, an amazing static time in comp conditions! No bad for a spearo!

Thank you all! But I would like to say I could newer do it by myself! a lot of people help me to accumulate the knowledge so it is not only my victory but a victory of a lot of people. You alredy know to who it is replied. ;-) I wold also want to thank for everybody from Spanish team for all the help and support they provided me, because I was on competition alone and it was really hard to practice alone, until they come.
I am glad that I did this on competition, because best prewious record from aida competition was 9:03. by Guy Brew
I already announced another record attempt by Aida, because it was difficult for me to do CMAS protocol, I find it much harder so this time if far from my maximum!
I hope you will like the time :) and then in few months I hope to do something very Interesting on competition ;-)
I would also want to thank to Center for Hyperbaric Medicine in Serbia. Of course to Trygons, and Polo Sub

Congratulations on your new record - that is a very good static!

Will you be coming to Italy for the AIDA World Champs next month?

don't know? depends on money :( I apllyed and ewerything, but I did't pay, now there is some penalty for late apllication but I ewen do not hawe the money to pay regular one so unless i find a sponsor to pay for it, I wont be there.
:(

Its just ridiculous how hard is to find sponsors in our sport :confused:
Its possible but it takes long time and a lot of energy....

Start a Blog, website, Youtube channel, show your passion, show the real things you're dealing with, character, personality, struggles, questions etc. The more you manage to build a audience, the more easier it's to get sponsors to financially support you.

Maybe even write your national government and ask what the possibilities are for support?

Hook up with a documentary maker, write a book. Sell expert instructions. Pick up an extra job, maybe even boat fairing tourist to dive spots. Do some sponsor shots with their equipment. Be creative and passionate, this will attract many people, and when there are a lot people, money will follow.

Love, Courage and Water,

Kars

For little kown athlete, maybe, not for a champion, sponsors should be lining up now

rofl

Love your optimism there Andrew. Of course, it might be different in some parts of Europe but there are plenty of top freedivers around the world who get no funding. It's usually a better use of time to get a second job rather than hunt for sponsorship deals.

Of course if you 'get a 2nd job', then you have no time to train, and the 9 minute static turns into a 5 minute one.

Tell me about it... the problem is, hunting for sponsorship often pays less per hour than a job would.

Some divers do ok - Will, Martin and Herbert come to mind. But consider how much effort they put into it. Those guys make some big sacrifices to pursue freediving and they probably 'deserve' (I know, it's a market thing) a lot more than what they get. It's not like companies are just paying them heaps of cash to have a cool lifestyle.

For a kiwi diver I count myself very lucky. I do get some sponsorship, which really helps. Cressi gives me gear, Contour recently supplied a nice camera + deep housing and last year I got some support from local businesses to do pool WRs and get to VB. But that was essentially a charity drive and took a huge amount of effort from a committed 'manager'. It's not something I want to repeat year after year, so now I'm doing exactly what Kars suggested.

Hope you manage to find some support though Branko, you might have more luck in that part of the world.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT