• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

DB spearo 'world series'

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
You SA boys got balls for diving in GW territory. I would take a 10 meter humpback over a 4 meter GW anyday. Good to hear you guys made it back okay.

Brad

Reactions: bobbybuttr
Nice story miles glad to hear that GW show no interest for you.

For the big one you lost, next time man;)

Nice Fish At Last

Check out this afternoons catch. Weighed in at just under 4 kilos. A long aspetto at 13m and this beauty showed up in the distance. Looked away for a while and when i looked up it was about 4 meters away from Tahiti tip. I whacked it right under the eye. Man I am so happy :D

Great fish Shane!

Now you just gotta work on "looking" happy ;)

Nice one shane, they taste very nice on BBQ or fried ;)

Didn't trick work on the grouper???

good loking fish! Is that a dentex? I am really enjoying the pictures/stories on this thread.

Reactions: thud
That's a wonderful fish, congrats.

That's not a dentex but a Gilt-head sea bream (Sparus aurata in Latin)

Its unbeliavable Shane,wonderful, great catch man..
Aydýn

Thanks a lot for the comments guys.

Murat I did not get to try that trick on the grouper as a couple of Scuba divers had been outside the cave a short while before I got there so it was definitely hiding.

Fuzz,

My wife was giving me grief at that point, saying she did not want to take take the pics and I was making everything smell of fish (shes one to talk hahahahahahahaah) so I was a bit pissed off. That was as happy as I could make it at the time :D

Here my last catch with 2 friends,

after a miss from on a small sea bass from the surface, I decided to go for an aspetto on the bottom stuck to a rock.
As nothing seemed to come I was concentrating on 2 sargos not so far away. Begun taping on the rock with my handle, once - twice then stop as a small sea bass (less than 1kg) was just in front of my gun, "well he's not so bad" and as I was thinking, just time to see 7 big sea bass coming slowly, males were "dancing" around the female, and sometimes, males go and rub her belly.

Starting pointing a male (around 3kgs) but the femal comes to me. Story ens here, 4.6kgs that's my biggest this year...

My friends were also lucky with 3 others sea bass, a small orata and a little tuna.

Attachments

• fishes2.jpg
    fishes2.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 235
another view.

I forgot, the catch date: 26.01.2004

Attachments

• fishes1.jpg
    fishes1.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 234
Originally posted by shaneshac
Thanks a lot for the comments guys.

Murat I did not get to try that trick on the grouper as a couple of Scuba divers had been outside the cave a short while before I got there so it was definitely hiding.

Man, thats the aim of the trick, to reveal it from cave:D Of course it may not work if scuba scared it too much:hmm

Murat, grouper was not coming out. Those scuba divers were sat right outside the cave doing practice drills.

Cece, that is a nice catch of fish. That is an Atlantic Little Tunny like we get over here. Are they fast or what?????? Did you catch that with aspetto as well?

Keep up the good work ;)

I did not catch the fish myself but here the story.

My friend uses an 90 cm speargun without reel (that's important for the story) as he is just coming out an chirurgical operation on his right chest.

AS he was coming back to the boat, he decided to stop between 2 rocks he knew at 7m for an aspetto.
Once on the rocks, he saw 2 small tuna, coming to him, he put the gun in the good position and shoot 1 meter before the fish, not pointing to the fish direclty... lucky him, he got one of the 2. but has to let the fish going to the bottom around 24m because of the bad shot and because he does not have a reel on his gun...
He was screaming for another gun, and then going down to the fish for a deadly shot.

So, I guess those fishes are deadly quick!!!!!and yes it was aspetto,

Hey Cece,

Those are the hardest fish to catch in my opinion. Super fast and never swim in a straight line. After a whole winter trying to catch these I have become a bit of a master ;)

Reactions: stevevidar
yes, I saw your picts, really nice ones...I hope to catch a day fish like the ones you've in your hands...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT