• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

DeeperBlue.com Announce 2014 UK Member Meet

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Mike, could you please do me a favour & check the tides for August the 1st .
I just want conformation that I am reading it right!
Mike, could you please do me a favour & check the tides for August the 1st .
I just want conformation that I am reading it right!
Hi Martyn, checked tides for Saturday, very similar to the print out above that Grant has produced. ie approx. 1,2m low at app 14.20 bst, Re Sunday, its a bigger tide and low is about 15.00bst. How do they suit the usual venues?

Reactions: foxfish
Well I think that is our best opportunity for around that time of year, shame there are not slightly smaller & earlier in the afternoon tides though.
I think we should add scallops to the list this time too?

the weekend of the 1st August does look good, but the weekend of the 29-30 and 31st August will be even bigger tides - 0.53m low on the monday will be quite a visual delight however the fishing turns out.

how will scallops fit in to the fishin mart? 1 scallop = 1 species, max 2 of any species still?

personally i would suggest that grey mullet be excluded next year - only because it turned into a bit of a mullet bash this time. although it did provide our dinner :)

for the freedivers, how about organizing a dive boat trip to one of the wrecks?

Reactions: little sarge
I was thinking one scallop = one species, althought I agree to a certain extent about the mullet, I don't think it would be a popular decision to not include them?

the weekend of the 1st August does look good, but the weekend of the 29-30 and 31st August will be even bigger tides - 0.53m low on the monday will be quite a visual delight however the fishing turns out.

how will scallops fit in to the fishin mart? 1 scallop = 1 species, max 2 of any species still?

personally i would suggest that grey mullet be excluded next year - only because it turned into a bit of a mullet bash this time. although it did provide our dinner :)

for the freedivers, how about organizing a dive boat trip to one of the wrecks?

Blimey Jonny, without the few mullet caught at this years meet, virtually nothing wld have been caught and we wld all have been very hungry! Mullet can be good to eat, Mart proved that at his BBQ. I think they should be in!

A bigger tide may look nice, but if we get any wind /swell, we may be diving in soup! The proposed dates and the current rules seem pretty good to me. Looking fwd to it. cheers mike

Reactions: foxfish
Maybe a 1 mullet per spearo rule per day, as it looks like that will be the case with bass by law come that time next year.

Blimey Jonny, without the few mullet caught at this years meet, virtually nothing wld have been caught and we wld all have been very hungry! Mullet can be good to eat, Mart proved that at his BBQ. I think they should be in!

A bigger tide may look nice, but if we get any wind /swell, we may be diving in soup! The proposed dates and the current rules seem pretty good to me. Looking fwd to it. cheers mike

yes, i take a fair few mullet each year - great on bbq. but that wasnt my point really.
theres always a risk with vis. anyway i was just offering some ideas. nothing wrong with the current format and no criticism was implied :)
i just thought the uk visitors might enjoy seeing St Peter Port underwater :) lol

Reactions: grantl
i just thought the uk visitors might enjoy seeing St Peter Port underwater :) lol

Sounds interesting. Perhaps we could have a mullet comp on the esplanade :) [emoji6]

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Right - we'll be announcing this week that the 2015 event will occur Fri 31st July through Sun 2nd August. Maximum 20 Spearos, 6 Freedivers. Maximum including partners and organisers will be 35.

@jerseymike - drop me a note on your numbers so we can balance Jersey vs rest of the UK :)

Maybe a 1 mullet per spearo rule per day, as it looks like that will be the case with bass by law come that time next year.
Well I am certainly not going to be the spearo police and we will abide by the law but, surly you are speculating?
To the best of my knowledge there are only suggestions as to what any restrictions might be - if any by next summer?

Reactions: little sarge
I've just received an email from Condor ferries telling me I should book a trip to Guernsey for 2015. Might just do that :)

Depending where you are intending to stay, it can be cheaper to book through the accommodation. Some get a 20% discount.

It should be a smother ride too as the new boat will be in service by then .. fingers crossed...

That's right Andy - I think we got not far off 20% discount last year by booking it through the campsite.
I notice a difference in the booking system - it only seems interested in the height of my car, not length which is good for me :)

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Trelawney
Hi guys, I was just wondering when the registration for the 2015 meet was going to be open? Hope everyone is well.

Cheers Kerin

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT