• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

DeeperBlue.com Announce 2014 UK Member Meet

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Folks - apologies but those who follow me on FaceBook know i've been pretty much on the road in the US and Europe for the last few weeks so time has not been on my side. I'll post an updated entry list in a short while.

Here is the latest list of attendees and their status:
DeeperBlue.com UK Member Meet 2014.xlsx 2014-06-22 18-28-19 2014-06-22 18-28-22.jpg

I'm also pleased to announce that we will be hosting a formal Freediving track this year in conjunction with @apneaboy. He will be hosting a Freediving course outside the event (and can be contacted regarding this seperately) and will be looking after all Freediving on Sat 9th and Sun 10th August.

If you are interested in the Freediving aspects of the weekend then please make sure you register via: http://www.deeperblue.com/uk-member-meet-2014/

If you have already registered please contact me directly to register interest (although please note the Spearfishing and Freediving will occur at the same time).

Thanks for your reply fox fish, I should have been more precise..
Whereabouts in Guernsey? I ask because I wish to be staying as close to the event as possible.
Is it a St Peter Port?
Thanks again! Suppose i'll be seeing you there :)

Hi Nicholas don't worry about that to much as the island is very small & we will help you get around.
I will post some recommendations later today :)

FoxFish really thanks for your help! And I also appreciate you offering help in moving us around, but old habits die hard, and being an ex Marine I like to be able to count on myself for pretty much everything.
Also some family members are considering visiting from France whislt i'm on the island, therefore am trying to plan out which would be the closest accommodation to the main point of activity during the meet up, to make family members move as little as possible.
Therefore I would appreciate If you could, that's if you know, please indicate the exact location where the activities during the weekend will be.
Once again, Thanks for you help!

I can't as we don't know!
Due to the nature of our island, the venues will be chosen nearer the time.
Because Guernsey is so small we can choose a calm location to suit the weather conditions almost on the day!
So we have a choice of venues on different coasts, however the prefered coast for spearfishing in the west & posibily the south for free diving!
Just bear in mind, the longest point to point of guernsey is only 9 miles.
St Peter port has the most atmosphere & may suit you family best.
On the Friday evening we will be socializing in the Wayside Cheer hotel, that is on the West coast about 4 miles from st perter port, on the sat evening we are in a st peter port restaurant & on the Sunday evening we are in the north of the island about 3 miles from st Peter port.
I think your family will find St Peter port interesting & possibly quite sociable as well, we normally have lots of French visitors in the summer & the harbours are very often full of French yachts.

Last edited:
Well yes and no, we are already in a drought situation, my lawn is looking sad ,what with our Heather Watson loosing at Wimbledon today & the rain missing us it has been a disappointing day :)

Reactions: Paulcollas
Very nice Mart but I'm sure if you look closely at those fish they actually have my name on them :)
Good to see the 115 Dry Barrel out - you must have some decent vis :) :) I've got a new piston and seals in mine ready for Guernsey.
Not long now :)

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

We will soon be closing the registration so we can finalise numbers & get you guys to choose your menus for the Friday & Saturday social evenings.
So anyone wanting to attend please get on with it now:)
You don't have to get involved in the spearfishing or freediving, if you just want to join us in the evenings that is ok.
Jersey guys, you have not registered for the sat meal but it will be right in town anyway, the restaurant is booked for 40 but we only have about 20 coming so far!

We will soon be closing the registration so we can finalise numbers & get you guys to choose your menus for the Friday & Saturday social evenings.
So anyone wanting to attend please get on with it now:)
You don't have to get involved in the spearfishing or freediving, if you just want to join us in the evenings that is ok.
Jersey guys, you have not registered for the sat meal but it will be right in town anyway, the restaurant is booked for 40 but we only have about 20 coming so far!
Hi Mart, the Jersey boys are up for the Saturday night St Peter Port meal. Please include us on the guest list. cheers mike

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT