• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

DeeperBlue.com Announce 2014 UK Member Meet

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Mike, we set the limit to 20.
We are expecting some free divers as well as partners and guest, so the numbers were get a bit to high to cater for with our present format.

Total group is currently 29 people of which 20 are doing the spearo comp. Expecting up to potentially 20 freedivers. We've set the upper limit on the event at 50 people including divers and non-divers.

Total group is currently 29 people of which 20 are doing the spearo comp. Expecting up to potentially 20 freedivers. We've set the upper limit on the event at 50 people including divers and non-divers.
Hi Stephan are u I a position to publish a list of attendees/ spearos? cheers mike

Reactions: foxfish
So who is coming over early?
Perhaps I can arrange something for the Wednesday & Thursday night...
We have booked the Wayside Cheer hotel for our Friday night gathering!
Pretty basic hotel but lively & cheap .. well its £11 for a bottle of house wine & set meals from £12.
I will put up a menu when I get one!
Sat night we will be in the town centre, well on a pier actually.
We will be eating at the Boat House restaurant.
Let us know if you are over before the event please.
Mart.
OH & it was nice today...

Please register your partners if you want them to join in the social events.. we seem to have quite a few guys without wives or partners this year.

I'll post a full list of registered attendees later but as Mart says - please register all diving and NON-diving partners.

Nice one Martyn, Great venue choices but as the Wayside is temporary home of the "Jersey boys" ....only one worry, will the team be sober enough to dive on Saturday.....or is that the plan?

Reactions: grantl
Nice one Martyn, Great venue choices but as the Wayside is temporary home of the "Jersey boys" ....only one worry, will the team be sober enough to dive on Saturday.....or is that the plan?
I'm sure you'll all remain as disciplined and focused as you did last year and the team will be drinking water and tucked up in bed by 9pm again Mike. :):):):)

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jerseymike
I'm sure you'll all remain as disciplined and focused as you did last year and the team will be drinking water and tucked up in bed by 9pm again Mike. :):):):)

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
Or drinking tequila , salt up the nose & lime in the eye .. like last year!!

Are there any stray sheep or goats on the island? Going on my catch rate I will starve!

I just noticed a post on the Guernsey fishing forum .... GBASS Open - Thursday 07th till Monday 11th August...

I just noticed a post on the Guernsey fishing forum .... GBASS Open - Thursday 07th till Monday 11th August...
Is that a day & night shore comp Mart ?

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

24hour days mate, it makes me cross as I did my best to avoid this! I posted on the fishing forum asking for dates but nobody on ther comity could be bothered to reply!
Anyway I will give out our proposed venues .. That is all we can do now.

I'm sure it will be fine - they cant really complain too much. 20 or so spearos soon disappear after 10 mins or so- doubt many anglers will even notice

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

I think most keen guys will be night fishing but I would not be surprized if there was someone complaining!

So who is coming over early?
Perhaps I can arrange something for the Wednesday & Thursday night...

Team ARC are over on Wednesday morning from about 11am.
I think I'm off scalloping with Spirit on one of the days before the event, but we're definatly keen on meeting up for music and a meal in the evenings.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT