• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

DeeperBlue.com Announce UK Member Meet 2013!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like last year!. From North of the isle of white !Come to the dark side pie munchers !Join the winning team from the Llyn!.LOL.

Folks - this weekend we'll launch the pre-registration for the event. Overall cap on attendees will be 50 people (divers and non-divers), the spearo comp will be limited to 20 divers and we will have an official Freediving track as well limited to 20 people.

As a "member meet" we are keen to have active members of the forums attend and meet each other and will be validating that registrants are valid members of the forums.

More info coming at the weekend.

Stephan, just an idea, but maybe we could have a voluntary kitty for the evening at Foxfishes? Knowing how much effort, time and money he put into it, a few pounds each could help towards the food and drink?
What do you think?

Reactions: grantl
Folks - this weekend we'll launch the pre-registration for the event. Overall cap on attendees will be 50 people (divers and non-divers), the spearo comp will be limited to 20 divers and we will have an official Freediving track as well limited to 20 people.

As a "member meet" we are keen to have active members of the forums attend and meet each other and will be validating that registrants are valid members of the forums.

More info coming at the weekend.

Hi Stephan, Just to clarify the Jsy boys have places for the spearfishing comp?. We have 8 coming from Jersey (no more ). We have already booked hotels and have stumped non refundable deposit. Dan, Paul, Mike, Louis, Cobus, Jason, Paul C and Tom. cheers Mike

Mike - you places - however would ask no more for not until we allow others to register and join if that is ok? Obviously non competing members are all welcome.

I would be happy to not enter and let someone else have my place, as i am very keen to do some proper video next time, rather than 50/50 fishing and videos which i think benefits neither...
So does anyone want to supply me with a decent quality zoomy zoom underwater camera for the fish in [stephan?] :)
i think trelawneys idea is a good one - we should contribute to the foxfish kitty...

Mike, was it Dan that won the gun that Mart built? [numb brain syndrome] has he used it and whats the feedback???

Thanks all - that's very kind. Between Mart and myself it costs about £4,000 to run the event. As people may not realize in the past couple of years we have paid for the transport and meal on the saturday night as well as the food, some of the drink and hospitality on the sunday night.

We are changing the format this year and attendees will pay for their socials on Friday and Saturday nights and DB will fund the Sunday night as a big night out. However saying that any donations are very well received and help offset the overall cost of the event.

Jonny - I will be able to provide video cameras for you.

I would be happy to not enter and let someone else have my place, as i am very keen to do some proper video next time, rather than 50/50 fishing and videos which i think benefits neither...
So does anyone want to supply me with a decent quality zoomy zoom underwater camera for the fish in [stephan?] :)
i think trelawneys idea is a good one - we should contribute to the foxfish kitty...

Mike, was it Dan that won the gun that Mart built? [numb brain syndrome] has he used it and whats the feedback???
Hi Jonny,
Yes it was Dan and we are all still extremely envious! A work of art. I would have loved it. I think Dan was so chuffed, he put it on display on his lounge wall! I will ask him about it when I see him at our Club Social tonight. BTW Hope you get diving mate, you're Guernsey team leader!

Last edited:
PS If anyone is thinking of combining this event with a trip to Jersey, if u pm me, I will try and arrange some diving. Even Gnsy donkeys are welcome! Even if ur coming over at another time, the Jersey boys will try and find you some fish!

Should be able to provide a feed of scallops again. If anyone want to do a bit of bubble blowing in the days around the competition, let me know, happy to take you out on my boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT