• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

DeeperBlue.com Announce UK Member Meet 2013!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Na drop it off in North wales it's new home for the next few years! A new team is on its way.As I wasn't good enough for the Northern team this year (had to resort to having southeners in it)we will put things in there rightfully place.

OK I have stuck up a post on the Guernsey fishing forum asking if that date would clash with any open fishing comps...
What do you think Mike?

first reply....
The likely clash is the GBASS open which is normally late August on the monster tides but that won't be decided for a few months yet.

Sorry to change the subject but I came across this pic of the fist days venue ....
Commercial Guernsey but still near the sea....

OK I have stuck up a post on the Guernsey fishing forum asking if that date would clash with any open fishing comps...
What do you think Mike?
What do you think Mike?

Hi Martyn, re weekend of 23rd August, tides look good and would work for Jsy boys, but as you say, potential clash with the bass festival which would not be good! There cant be many suitable dates for such an event, shame organisers haven't responded. Have been checking hotel availability, prices seem to be higher this year, but at the moment we can still get six rooms at a couple of reasonably priced places on both the 26th July and 23rd August. Whichever date is set, we are all very much looking fwd to it. cheers mike

As it happens this weekend is the last of the three Guernsey specimen hunts so most keen fishermen are fishing 18+ hours a day!
Hopefully we will get a bit more info on Monday or more likely Tuesday...

I have not been able to contact the bass fishing organiser but someone has offered to speak to him tomorrow on my behalf... so hopefully we should know some more by Monday.

Reactions: grantl and Spirit
Well Guys I tried my hardest to get a date from the bass club guys but I have given up now, so.....
We are going to set the date for next years meet, it will be over the weekend of August the 9th 2014.
Yahooooo! Talk about keen....the "Jersey boys" are now booked! We have our hotel sorted and we will book the ferries asap. Dan, Mike, Louis, Cobus, Jason and Paul are really looking fwd to meeting everybody again, as well as downing a beer or three and chasing a few fish! PS don't forget that team tankard

A longer stay would be better but all being well, subject to Ferries times we should arrive Friday and return to Jsy on Monday. cheers mike
Have you booked back in the cheer ? What rates did you get for what rooms?

Have you booked back in the cheer ? What rates did you get for what rooms?
Hi Ian, Yep were back at the Cheer. Suits us, convenient location and facilities for cleaning smelly spearfishing gear, good rooms, good staff , good breakfast and a good bar! This time we have 8 Jsy boys so we have booked 8 rooms! More expensive than last year. £215 for three nights, double rooms/single occupancy/B+B.................. please don't tell us if u get it for less! ...................should be quite a bit cheaper for u if ur sharing. BTW Condor ferries has just issued next years time table.

Wow that sounds great and the ferrys .Shit better muster our team.....um ....easier said than done!see you there in the bar!What's the theme ?

Um .....I was going to say virgin blond alcoholic nymphs .....but ....the Mrs just smacked me round head ......can get we some kegs of Guinness?...........need I say more?...........lets temp some crazy Irish pixies over!...LOL.x

Folks - we are still just getting finishing touches to the pre-registration and details. We will be limiting numbers for the come next year although will also have a Freediving track as well.

I will have pre-registration open in the next couple of days. Registration for the comp and socials will go first to previous attendees, then we will open up to new attendees.

Please bear with me - I'll have all details sorted in the next couple of days.

Hi guys, I'm new to all this but me and my mate tom will be joining the jersey boys next year in Guernsey, really looking forward to it, hopefully there will be two registration spaces for us :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT