• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

DeeperBlue.com Announce UK Member Meet 2013!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have ordered some nice pieces from Josh Speargun and Freediving Equipment but for some reason they were only posted a few days ago, although I don't actually intend to start building the gun until January, it will be nice to get the components in my hand.
I have some ideas for the prize gun but I need the ordered bits before I can see if my plan will work!
Anyway it will be a special, colourful & unique design....

I have ordered some nice pieces from Josh Speargun and Freediving Equipment but for some reason they were only posted a few days ago, although I don't actually intend to start building the gun until January, it will be nice to get the components in my hand.
I have some ideas for the prize gun but I need the ordered bits before I can see if my plan will work!
Anyway it will be a special, colourful & unique design....

A very generous prize and a huge anount of work. Looking fwd to seeing it. cheers Mike

PS we now have 6 Jsy boys booked in to the Wayside Cheer.

Hay hope you crapexes? boys aren't gona be to rowdy !I'm in the The Wayside cheer with the bride .Meet you in the bar or the sea on the 1st ? may be on jersey from 28Th to the 31st !trying to do a tour of the islands.

"Crapeaux" means Toads.
forget visiting Jersey its just like a small England! Just make sure you visit Sark....

Ooooops! well sort of oooops i thought it was slang for jersey boys ! apart from my spelling as normal.See you toads in a hole then????

See you on the 2nd, ur probably best to get plenty of sleep beforehand!

If u do decide to visit Jsy bring ur diving gear and get in contact. cheers mike

Ooooops! well sort of oooops i thought it was slang for jersey boys ! apart from my spelling as normal.See you toads in a hole then????

LOL it is mate we are Donkeys & they are Toads.

Oh God where's this leading ,Donkeys, Hobbits and Toads this is a slippy path to the sea!

Look what arrieved today...

7cd81eff33acf90cfa6a0eef7bbc9954.jpg

So what size is it going to be? Double band?

I can see this comp being taken a bit more seriously next year :)

I dont plan to start the gun build until next year, January properly, & I will start a feature thread then.
To be honest I tend to work as I go along so even I dont really know the specs!
However I do have a concept in mind... 90 long, single band, enclosed track, forward set handle to give a 75 gun feel, trigger at the utmost rear to give a 100 size band gun power. Multi laminate (maybe 20 or more) with coloured glue in between the laminates, but I have an idea to make the gun really original by building a former to shape the laminate around so they wont run straight but follow the finished lines of the gun... it might be a tricky procedure but fingers crossed....

The wayside is our last relic left from the booming tourist days of the 60s & 70s.
The hotel has seen many famous showman acts & still has live music several days a week but it is pretty run down & basic. However perfectly fine for a few days spearfishing holiday! :)

The rooms are meant to have been renovated over the last year or so, doesn't seem to get many complaints. As an added bonus to Dr Who fans, The Master works behind the bar.

LOL !

That was just a passing phase but clearly demonstrated whack and release has potential as a sport :)

hey don't you start infecting this thread with pollocktiks! (see what i did there? pollock - tiks ? man my talents are wasted out here!)

.......Mart, I can't wait to see my gun when its finished by the way ;)

(You may all see a spike in the frequency of my posts! 12hr Nightshifts for the rest of the trip! ..........and the weather is dreadful :waterwork)

Last edited by a moderator:
The rooms are meant to have been renovated over the last year or so, doesn't seem to get many complaints. As an added bonus to Dr Who fans, The Master works behind the bar.

They must have forgot about renovating the rest of the hotel then!
The masters mate, you know the gay chap, he is quite funny ha ha actually :hmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT