• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dorset Spearfishing 2006

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
hey people my new Gabbiano77 just arrived today:) and my mate let me down again:naughty so it looks like im stuck in dry dock:head :head :head :head :head :head :head

flyflicker said:
Jurrasic - do you have a very patent wife who likes reading????
Yep that was my patient wife waiting for her dinner.
How did you get on ?

The viz was VERY bad and some other pesky diver was poking around my honey holes! ;)

I did see 3 bass in the gloom and missed all 3.. I didn't go or stay out long and was away by 18:00.. But I'm glad I went when I did - it really doesn't look good for the weekend...

did anybody get out the week? i had a look round but it didnt look that special so i gave it a miss:(

Jim (stuckinsurry) and myself got in at the yacht club on an early one at high water.
Viz wasn’t special but definitely fishable, had a good look around but not many takeable fish seen the upshot was 1 mullet for Jim and I’ve got to starve this week.
Almostafish don’t you just hate always being right.rofl

yep, pretty slow at the weekend. Saw a couple of fish and fortunately shot the only one that came into range. Water is definately getting colder I think, felt a bit chilly on the ole tootsies. Scottie3030, dont think it was at one of the yacht clubs, there were just hundreds all over the place and windsurfers galore! Not a lot of fun, one eye on the water and the other eye watching for dagger boards!

Reactions: podge
Hi there

Just wondering if you guys new of any were around christchurch dorset that was any good.

My mane trouble is don't usally have a car.

thanks

Going in around 1300 on west side or Bill point, so should be able ( God/Mako willing ) to give a good idea about Viz and conditions around Portland.

Almostafish said:
Going in around 1300 on west side or Bill point, so should be able ( God/Mako willing ) to give a good idea about Viz and conditions around Portland.

Hi Bryn, go for it you hot potato.
I’m not around this weekend thought I might drive up to Birmingham and have a look around the dive show.
Happy hunting
Paul

Jimy,

I've been in around Hengistbury Head a couple of times, off the right hand side as you look at it from the land. Until you've been a couple of times i'd make sure you have a decent buddy as the tide and currents can be pretty strong.

On the other side of the head is the sailing centre, this can be worth a look but vis can easily be zero due to the mud!

I've not been out along Mudeford but there must be something along there somewhere! From memory there are some rocky outcrops near Highcliff which might be worth a look.

I've also been as far as Keyhaven and Hurst Castle but the tides round there were VERY strong.

If it was me i'd jump on the bus and go down to Boscombe Pier, if there isn't too much surf breaking on the beach (!) then you can have a great time sneaking around and playing hide-and-seek with all the fish which hang around the piles, just make sure you don't get bashed into them and that you don't get tangled in any fishing line. Once you've got Boscombe sorted then try Bournemouth Pier.

Shame you didn't post this a week ago as until wednesday i was also stranded in bournemouth while my car was inpounded! Let me know how you get on and i'll try and give you a shout next time i'm down.

thanks 1 shot 1 kill

I tride the estery off grimberry point yester day. not much vis. saw lots of mudd from flatys and a couple of mullet blurs but neva got a shot.

Isn't boscom pier falling down? think you can get lobster around there though.

have you ever tride bournemouth?

mudyford quay run around the black house is very good. trouble is they net it this time of year.

I live here and have a 14 ft tiny so give me a shout

jimy,

Although Boscombe Pier isn't in A1 condition i wouldn't worry about it falling down on you just yet! Apparently its recently been sold and is going to be redeveloped with the mythical Bournemouth Reef becoming a reality in the near future.

Both piers are a good dive and are packed with fish (they're the only feature for literally miles around) although pretty spooky, so try boscombe first as its smaller and easier to get out from if you get freaked out. If you think i'm being a wimp you'll soon find out exactly what i mean so bear it in mind!

The only downside of both sites (except for having dangers not really encountered elsewhere) is that any gear you leave is right on the beach so might well vanish!

I found that my Picasso 60 is the perfect thing for weaving in and out of the pier supports (even better with i trident tip as it doesn't get stuck so far into the wooden supports if/when you miss), if you've only got a 140 i wouldn't bother getting wet!

Good stuff

Give me a shout if ur around. Just bout to spear in the run as the harbour is like glass

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT