• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dorset Spearfishing 2006

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hi John, nice to have you back. I am going to try and arrange a big "fishin" for next summer, see if we can get a good party going down the garden :friday

Let me know when and i will book the tickets and time off work now......I would even like to share some of the cooking duties if the head chef approves..

Can't promise i will add to the fish on the menu but i may be able to take some pictures of the rest catching them..

A sous chef, sounds good. In fact the party area has improved, now with a full roof & soon a chimney for the fire. I know there are a few members itching to come over so I will try to get things moving for next July? A Guernsey Deeper Blue "fishin" what do you think?

been thinking about getting on the ferry for ages fingers crossed ill be in portland the weekend

The summer feels like a million years ago now, can't believe it was only a couple of months since i last went fishing!

I can't see that i'm going to get a dive in before christmas as i'm currently waiting to move house and job to sunny Bristol, but the upside of that is i'll be much closer to Dorset (and Guernsey) for next summer!

Saying that though, if the weather continues i might get a dive or two in over christmas!

Best of luck to all those lucky enough to still be getting in, hopefully see you all next year.

Yo 1 shot, I live about 10 miles from Bristol and I can do Portland in around an hour first thing in the morning. (No officer I was only going 60 honest)
What part of Bristol are you going to be?

hey im in bristol the kingswood area it takes me 1hour 45mins on a friday afternoon/eveing! 60 ill be lucky i always get stuck behind a fat ass lorry or some confused sunday driver:vangry

Gald to hear Portland isn't too much of a mission from Bristol! I'm hopefully going to be living in Clifton or Redland but finding a house is one of the small details i need to attend to in the near future, hence no spearfishing at the moment!

Is there much in North Devon for spearfishing?

Have tried a couple of times around croyde area (maybe this weekend too, if weather ok). Some great ground but visibility can be a bit iffy at times (same as everywhere i suppose), Pav is the man to ask though. Some good surf in north devon too, if thats your thing!

Jurrasic - I know you made the post some time ago - but just FYI the Axe down near you carries both Salmon and Sea Trout - I don't know in what quantities but it is a recognised spawning river for both fish and licenses are available.

jurrasic said:
Looks good do Salmon or Sea Trout get up to your stretch.
How long is a healthy waiting list ?

Thanks for the info on the Axe.I see that I will be able to wet a fly around here. If the weather keeps as it is I will have to seriously look into it as spearfishing is out at the moment.

Has anyone been out portland way at night with tourch and spear or is that cheating?

How long after ruff weather does it usaly take for vis to come back?

greetings from jersey and a non secure hotel wireless lan!

viz ok at last and diving this pm from Bouley Bay..

[Anybody else read LAN as Ian?]

Heads up: Wind 2mph out of the north currently forecast for Sunday
(caveat: magnitude & direction of BBC wind prediction change quite frequently):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=1194

Was in York this week. Bridlington had a calm day Monday (3-5mph wind from the west i.e. directly from the shore) - had all my kit with me too. Unfortunately other committments took precedent . Met, an older gentleman, former jockey called Boots...might be famous(?), quite a character.

anybody going out around portland tomor? no what the viz will be like? might pop down for the day if anybody wants to meet up!?

Sorry for the confusion with LAN & Ian, but I was using my iPAQ and it doesn't have a keyboard, somI was using the stylus, which is a real pain...

But I'm back on the keyboard now, So iT WiLL alL bE a LOt eASieR tO tYPe

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…