• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dubai Spear Fishing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hi Guys,
Where can I buy tools for spearfishing in dubai?
I need a glass (1ea)
I need a snorkel (1ea)
I need a spearfishing-82cm (1ea)
I need a small fin-40cm (1ea)
I am alien in dubai and i don't know any company here
That's all my ques, Thanks

Last edited:
Hi to all,

I will be relocating (from Greece) to Dubai June-1st and I am spearfishing (freediving only) for more than 10yrs, from 1m to 20-25m occasionally. I am very much into spearfishing gear, and very close friend of Bill Zonomesis of Bleutec (http://www.bleutec.eu), in case anyone has heard of them. I will most likely rent in Dubai Marina or JBR, and I am keen to get to know some fellow spearos.

Take care and dive safe.

Hi to all,

I will be relocating (from Greece) to Dubai June-1st and I am spearfishing (freediving only) for more than 10yrs, from 1m to 20-25m occasionally. I am very much into spearfishing gear, and very close friend of Bill Zonomesis of Bleutec (http://www.bleutec.eu), in case anyone has heard of them. I will most likely rent in Dubai Marina or JBR, and I am keen to get to know some fellow spearos.

Take care and dive safe.
Welcome to Dubai.
it is funny when i read this thread, which i started it in 2006, now i own a spearfishing shop. feel free to contact me.

Regards,
Sameh

Hello guys first let me congratulate you on this great thread, you guys seem like so much fun. Exactly the type of folks I'd like to enjoy my outdoors with. In short I am adventure blogger and and explorer. I run my own blog and talk about the various outdoor activities from offroad to hiking, rock climbing, caving, scuba diving, wake board etc I would like to add spear fishing to my list. I want to try it and talk about it. I am a licensed scuba diver my self and would like to explore further more water activities like yours. I live in Dubai but constantly exploring different emirates and Oman. You guys mind sharing with me good spear fishing locations and good place to rent a spear gun? I plan to go beach camp this Thursday night and Friday at dawn/ morning hit the water to try it out. Let me know your thoughts on this. I'm very excited many thanks in advance!:shame:
Feel free to check out my blog: https://www.facebook.com/adventuratiblog - www.Adventurati-Blog.com

Welcome to Dubai.
it is funny when i read this thread, which i started it in 2006, now i own a spearfishing shop. feel free to contact me.

Regards,
Sameh

Hello Sameh, where is your spear shop located? Any website? Much appreciated mate!

Hello guys this is Jewan,

i live in dubai, i started spearfishing a year ago, i love it, but i do it from the shower only... i was wondering if there a group or something in Dubai, UAE where i can join and learn from.

waiting for your replyes
Hi to every one reading this...
My name Deon ..I am from South Africa and a keen Spearo. I moved here to Dubai about 4 months ago and was under the impression that no spearfishing is allowed. Yeah. .You guessed it I left all my gear in SA, now trying to find best places to buy new gear . As I will be
stocking up soon I just want to know if there are any guys willing to show me and my son some hot spots. Don't worry we might be a little unfit and rusty at this stage but we can sure spearfish. I shot several competitions back in SA and there we have to work for our fish
as we are in constant comp. with great whites . Go Google - Mossel bay , western Cape , South Africa...home of the white mussel crackers and black Mussel Crackers. Also home of all biggest meanest great white sharks , ,lol. !
well , I am looking forward to meeting you other Spearos out there and please do make contact. My mobile if you want : 056 413 5682.
Cant wait to hear from you guys..
PS : why is there no spearfishing Competitions here ??

Hello guys this is Jewan,

i live in dubai, i started spearfishing a year ago, i love it, but i do it from the shower only... i was wondering if there a group or something in Dubai, UAE where i can join and learn from.

waiting for your replyes

Hi Jewan
So pleased to see there is at last someone that is willing to get whet with us.me and my fam. moved here about 4 months ago and myself and my son are active Spearos. I will gladly teach you everything I know , I just need to stock up on all our gear and find out where all the hot spots are . Maybe we can meet sometime and have good chat about spearfishing. We are from South Africa and yeah apart from getting to know the area here and some of the different species ( can and cant fish)I have competed in several big comps. in SA and might be able to assist you.
Do you have all the gear and if not ..that might be a good place to start.
If you are comfortable in the water and comfortable with your gear then you are def.ready to start spearing some big fish.
To start right will be the factor whether you will like it or not.

Hi guys,

I'm a Spanish spearor that is going to be few days in Dubai for bussiness. I have one Saturday free, so I would like to know if there is any place where I can book a dive to spear with all the equipment. Or if there is anyone that would like to adopt me for one day I would be grateful.
If not possible to spear but would like to free dive, I would apreciatte too.

Thaks!

Hi All,

New to Dubai and would love to get back into the water. I'm an Aussie, that's been diving for years, and have brought most of my gear over with me, I also bought over gear for my son who is keen to get into it. Would love to catch up with any spearo's that could show me some areas to dive.

Hi Guys,
Where can I buy tools for spearfishing in dubai?
I need a glass (1ea)
I need a snorkel (1ea)
I need a spearfishing-82cm (1ea)
I need a small fin-40cm (1ea)
I am alien in dubai and i don't know any company here
That's all my ques, Thanks

I also recently moved to Dubai, luckily I had all the tools. But I couldn't choose a place to rent boat. My new neighbor advised me https://charterclick.com/. I was pleased with the service, hope, it can be useful for you too

Hi folks,
Based I'm dubai and just got into spearfishing. Where do you recommend for spots? Is there anything along the shore or is it always a boat ride?
Regards

hi all!

I'll be in dubai for a week in April and really looking for tips to arrange a spearfishing session there possibly from the shore. a boat excursion quoted me a ridiculous expensive price, so thinking of doing something on my own or maybe with some of you local spearobuddies?

you guys know a place to rent a gun, weights and long fins? I'll bring the rest from home

Cheers all!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT