• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dubai Spear Fishing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
HI GUYS NO TANX FREEDIVING CLUB FROM LONDON WILL BE VISITING DUBAI AGAIN On May 5-8, The Dubai Mall aquarium.
COME AND MEET LONDON FREEDIVERS.

TAKE CARE.

HI GUYS NO TANX FREEDIVING CLUB FROM LONDON WILL BE VISITING DUBAI AGAIN On May 5-8, The Dubai Mall aquarium.
COME AND MEET LONDON FREEDIVERS.

TAKE CARE.

Most welcome hope it'll encourage more people to be interested in this sport!!! will try my best to pass by!!!

Hey guys, im moving to dubai and need to know soemthin about wetsuits.

I am aware its very hot there.

Do i need to wear a wetsuit in dubai waters? i have a 1mm....is that too much still? i really dont want to overheat

thanks a lot

Hello my friend and welcome to DUBAI... I use three suits in DUBAI over the year:

1- Skin suit for summer time.
2- 3.5 mm Suit for winter time.
3- 1.5 mm suit for period in between autumn and spring.

All best

Thanks mate

i have a spetton hexskin lycra that ill probably use for everyhing except winter ill go a little thicker into the 2 mm and 3 mm :)

one more question....

i do all my spearfishing with a pole spear.....ive tried guns but dont like the technicalities....and like the more primitive way of catching dinner :)

do you guys know of any shops that sell pole spears in dubai??

thanks a lot

No problem mate this is the least i can do. There is a shop for selling Pole spears in DUBAI it is made from fiber glass also i have one which i bought from the same shop in DUBAI if u need it u can take it whenever u want...

All best

Saleh

I carry kickass polespears in my shop.... 4, 6 and 8ft from Crist spears in the US.
Lemme know if still interested... im in Abu Dhabi tho.

the name of the shop is Gulf Marine Sports DUBAI branch phone no.: 04 3039773 They are located in Al Qoz area Near to Gargash (Mercedes company)...

Crist Spears are the best never knew that they are available in UAE!

Hope this help

the name of the shop is Gulf Marine Sports DUBAI branch phone no.: 04 3039773 They are located in Al Qoz area Near to Gargash (Mercedes company)...

Crist Spears are the best never knew that they are available in UAE!

Hope this help

Mate Gulf Marine Sports in Knotika Mall closed down some months back. have they reopened?

Mate Gulf Marine Sports in Knotika Mall closed down some months back. have they reopened?

Maybe i did not visit the mall in long time in DUBAI sorry for that :(

I thought Gulf Marine Sports was located in abu dhabi....

They had one in DUBAI and as Sarah mentioned it is closed months ago!!

Your chance is to get it from Abu Dahbi from Hayari Sub and Crist pole spears are the best...

Gulf Marine Sports has Crist pole spears....

Hayaari Sub has Gat-Ku pole spears

ill be getting an 8 footer either way....but dont know which one to get....watcha guys think? Gat-Ku...or...Crist :)

Hi.. Im Hayaari Sub,

i carry both... I have Crist pole spears right now.... Im out of stock from Gat Ku.

Both r completely different polespears so u cant really ask the guys what u need to get.

one is lighter and morse nimble which is good for smaller ref fish (Gat Ku)
the other is much more robust and will shoot both small and big fish without worrying about breaking it.

Ive used both and loved both, but personally i stick with the Crist.

Iv shot with it every species that i shoot with a speargun.. from snappers to trevallies to even a spanish mackie!

Anyways my .02 cents

Last edited:
Speero/hayaari sub...nice to meet you

I will be hunting fish in reef and open water. I will be shooting fish from 3 - 25 pounds ranging from holed up grouper to kingfish.

Do you recommend a Gat Ku (if you will be getting some in the future) or Crist for me?

Ive been using 8 foot pole spears here in Florida...but have visited and spearfished in dubai and i think i might need something shorter in the reefs and rocky bottoms for better maneuverability...Maybe a 6 foot??

Can you ship to dubai? or have a branch or contact there?

thanks

Last edited:
I would recommend the 6ft Crist.. best choice for what ur after!

We do ship to dxb.. just give the shop a call and ull be sorted out ;)

02 665-8220

Wassim

Thanks a lot buddy :)

ill be settled into my house in dubai in about a month and be ready to start gearing up then..

ill give u call then :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT