• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Durban diving 2008

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hello all. i'm going to be in durban over the weekend of 10 Oct, more specifically Salt Rock. Looking for a dive buddy if any if you won't mind me tagging along, I would really appreciate it?

Heya

I'm dead keen to get in the water again... weather this weekend is not looking great though might try slip one in. Next weekend (10 OCt), I'm definitely keen to jump in and can round up a couple others.

Ranger? Mup?

Heya

I'm dead keen to get in the water again... weather this weekend is not looking great though might try slip one in. Next weekend (10 OCt), I'm definitely keen to jump in and can round up a couple others.

Ranger? Mup?

Thx, Ranger has pm'd me and I will be contacting him to finalise this week. Will keep you in the loop.

Would be keen to try Tiffanies, heard so much about it but never dived there. But then again, when you r as desperate as i am, anywhere goes!

hmmm... where were you??

:friday :hungover :head :rcard :waterwork

to summarise... bachelors, currie cup semi-final and reunion with old varsity friends on Sat night. I think I was way too optimistic to think i would be self disciplined enough to make a dive the next morning!

Made my apologies on bended knees to Ranger, but forgot all about you. Don't know who else was there, but i felt like such an arse for dropping u all!

As i asked ranger, pls don't :ban me from future expeditions!
:wave

hee hee, no wonder he kept quiet about the apology... the whole bended knee thing would only encourage me to invite you to come diving with me more often rofl

no stress, it's completely understandable. how often are you in the area? let me know when you next around and we can maybe make a plan again. ranger's not around for a bit so our little dive buddy group is minus one and we'd enjoy the company

Will do, thanks. But that will most likely only be in December!
Has the vis been any better since that fateful weekend?

Check the sharks board site and sa-weather almost every day, but don't know how reliable they are.

Went out to Tiffanies on Wed last week and the vis was amazing!! Sea was flat like a lake and everything was perfect, except my aim :)

Ranger and Ethan shot 2 fish each and I, well, I took a couple shots and then Ethan came in and decimated my happy little shoal of well behaved fishies all lining up waiting for me to get it right. Ranger was way out having a jolly time since he didn't get any spearing in Tofu and was somewhat desperate to get in the water again.

Went again on Sunday and it all started out great but both the weather and vis turned quite quickly and so we had no choice but to come back in. I got dumped several times, losing my mask and all ability and grace along with it. Thank goodness Ranger was on hand to drag me up the beach!

I'm keen to get out there again after spending the weekend in the pool with Helen Garner practicing some breath hold techniques. Learnt a huge amount that I'm keen to try out..

Last edited:
In my books a bachelor party is a completely acceptable reason to skip a dive..... as long as you not the one supposed to bring the lunch. Look forward too hooking up.

Over

Hey all!

Doing the "lemming run" down to durb's again on the 21st/22nd of Dec. So Ranger, Callie, if u r in town i'll be contacting u! No bachelor's this time :)

See u then hopefully

That would be awesome!! Pity I'm not going to be here, I'm celebrating a white Christmas in the States with my family... but Ranger will definitely be needing a buddy by then!

Thanks man, I'm rather looking forward to it :)
Enjoy the warm waters on the lovely KZN coast... I will be thinking of you!

hey guys Im going to be on leave fro tomorrow (if nothing else goes wrong ) anyone know what the conditions are like and is keen for a dive its been so busy with work lately im getting major withdrawal from not diving

just got down to dbn yesterday, when we getting wet? haven't even got a look at the ocean yet!

greetings I am busy up till the 27th but will probably dive 27/28 dec on the north coast, let me know if your keen at all

Andrew

im soo keen I need to get in the water thaught I would be able to go get wet today but the gf decided it was a day for christmas shoping the pav was a nightmade

So you guys just gonna talk about diving or will you actually get in the water sometime :)

Did anyone manage to shoot anything worth mentioning this festive season?

well I shot down to the shops I shot over to my parents place I shot some pics of a friends wedding unfortunately no fish the only time I saw fish was twice snorkeling the shalows with my gf and her son ( she dosent like me skewering them while shes around) but none of my other dive buddy's were available.

So who is up for some early mornig or afternoon dives (before or after work ) now that the days are long enough or saterdays are free for me

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT