• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

"Eurican's"

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Very Nice looking guns Alison,
Can you buy australian style Prangers or cluster heads there ?
I belive they are better than the trident style you have there and may be worth a try I have one on my short 90cm gun and it works well they are also used to great effect here on bigger guns and bigger fish, heres a pic of a pranger available with 5 or 6 prongs in 6" or 8" -150mm 0r 200mm lengths.
frameset_load.php

Last edited:
Ive not seen them here, Ive seen the mact type that Clive uses but I cant afford them :( they are crazy prices for a bit of bent metal!

Thanks for the comments on these guns, for those who have asked about them I can write a bit about how they were made if you want
Colin

Reactions: Alison
Dick Splash said:
Thanks for the comments on these guns, for those who have asked about them I can write a bit about how they were made if you want
Colin

Please do Colin, I'd be very interested to know this. I've not done any woodwork since school (15yrs ago) so a description of how its done would be great.

Pat

Quite interesting concept. I've thinking of a similar rig for some years. It would be a low-viz gun, like the Merlo guys use in Central CAlifornia, but with euro shafts and parts. This Merlo low-viz gun is 48" with the handle slightly aft the centrer (23" from the butt). This gun is a fantastic low-viz rig, but Merlo crafstmanship doesn't come cheap I'm afraid.

Ted
Brazil

OK then give me a day or two and I'll type up some stuff about them.
Talking about Merlo guns, his handles are the biz

Hey Ali, didn`t know what Eurican meant until i get to the thread. I love your guns!! so handsome and well made. Colin is a consumated gunsmith!!!

If you want to share that with us, it would be great ...

they look to be quite nice, however i think you might be losing power at the muzzle, ive found with RA guns the second band (positioned like yours) is never as powerful as the one in the "regular" position.

Loosing power? How much power do I need? OK I'd be bette off with a single 20 instead of twin 16s but I cant deal with the 20, Ive got another gun with three 14s on it so between them I have it covered :)

im not sure you got what i ment by my comment, i ment that the band will be more effective and effiecient if it has the same muzzle style as a RA or riffe

Well the second band as has been said earlier is only experimental and a quick fix but I can assure you the gun with two bands has considerably more hitting power than a similar sized Riffe with 3 x 14s so for me I dont think any inefficiencies of the second set of bands are a problem to worry about. Shooting with one or two bands doesnt alter the aim hit spot characteristics of the gun at all and the two bands give loads more power than the single bands so personally I think theres nothing to worry about.
But having said that Im still a bit confused by what your saying, The geometry of the primary band is almost identicle to an RA band centres being 2mm lower and the second band is pertty similar in position to my Riffe.

im talking bout how the band on your gun seems to wrap around the bottom of the barrel? its hard to see what its doing in your pictures, please dont think im having a go at you.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT