• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Fin Lineup - Any Questions?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Thanks Ted. i went ahead got the Bat 20's since i will be doing a lot of surface swimming (teaching little bro to spearfish).
i will post a review when i get around to using them :D

good Thread ,nice job !!
i have the Beuchat mundial compatition fins and the most of my friends
have them...it seems to have a lot of popularity here in israel
i can tell that my gun my suit and my mask are from this same manufacture
i found this fins a very good and comfortable , i use it for spearfishing at
8-18M .
however i didnt see any fins from Beuchat at the review and beuchat have also a carbon fins the mundial carbone pro , my question is did you forget it or maybe they are not good ?? or maybe it was not easy to get a pair of this fins

here is a page that you can download movies to see the fins in water
enjoy
http://www.beuchat.fr/privileges/video/video.htm#

Tedski,

Those were BAT 30's that you tried, and found too stiff, not 40's. I couldn't see using anything stiffer than a BAT 20 for anything, but there are much bigger people out there who might like them.

I had a pair of the Black Esclapez fins for a while. They were stiffer than the plastic Sporasub blades, but softer than my plastic Picasso Black Team blades. The plasti omer blades seemed to be about the same as my plastic picasso blades- without as much angle to the blade.

Yes, I do have a few pair of C4's, but they were so much cheaper than my last drysuit that I couldn't help myself- and I am sure that they cost me way less than Rig's Wong Collection! ;)

I got the 40's at first because I "thought" that I wanted a stiff fin. I then switched to a pair of 30's and loved them. Towards the end of the season I sold off the last of my scuba gear and splurged on a pair of 80's. Unfortunatly, it was too late in the season to really test them out. I have only been able to take them to 75', since that was the bottom of the lake, but they were the easiest kicking fin I have ever used. Those 75' dives were, by far, the easiest I've ever done. I can hardly wait until next season when I can hit some deeper water with them.

I would really like to try out a pair of 25's, or even 15's, someday. I used to like stiffer fins, but now softer seems better for me. I have only briefly tried out a pair of M-tech's, and they were at least two sizes too small for me. Even so, they felt like a really nice fin to me.

Now, if I could just learn to love my monofins as much as those 80's I'd be ready for some real depth. ;)

Jon (5'10"/170lbs)

mundial said:
good Thread ,nice job !!
however i didnt see any fins from Beuchat at the review and beuchat have also a carbon fins the mundial carbone pro , my question is did you forget it or maybe they are not good ?? or maybe it was not easy to get a pair of this fins
i will be happy to anderstand why ??
thanks
eyal

No one that I know of, around here, carries Buechat and they never offered to send us any free demo fins- like Jyri and Mark L. did.

I am certain that they make a good fin and would love to try a pair sometime.

Jon

i saw this site before, seems like affiliated with special fins.

Hi Murat,

Specialfins Ltd. is independent and even not cooperating with this company.

Greetings,

Jyri

sorry, no offense intendent. :)

Only noticed that they have very simillar models, prices, web design etc..etc..

Looking for a niiiice pair of spearing fins for long days between 8m and 15m to replace the Sporasub Dessaults.

The Nemos have a toe angle of 12 degrees, so they should be better than the older style PowerBlades which have no toe angle (at least for surface swimming / shallow spearing). Or is that wrong ?

Are the Nemos the only fibre fin with a decent toe angle ?

What is the toe angle of the Sporasub Dessult ? (I dont have a protractor else I wold measure 'em !)

What is the toe angle on the C4's ?

Toying with the idea of the Nemo's in #2(3.5kg) or #1(3kg) stiffness but then read that the C4's are not as fragile as everyone says so :

Nemo #2's vs C4-25's ?

Cheers if you have any advice
Ed

The Nemos do not have a toe angle!
The only difference from the old powerblades is the colour.The blade itself is completely flat, the toe angle is imparted by the footpocket (whichever footpocket you put them on)
Toe angle is a complete red herring anyway, particularly with softer blades.
cheers
dave
www.spearo.co.uk

Get yourself some hybrid-pros from specialfins.
They have a toe angle, not sure what it is but they are very comfy , specially with the Omer footpockets.

i know this thread is years old but wanting to buy new fins i have read it all (all 28 pages) i would like to thank for all the info. Seems like i now know for a long time (and have seen you "grow" like with litle cousins):) :) . i'm even curious to know which fin some of you got.... nevermind

thanks again

Fernando

Now that is a resurrection! I wonder how long this info will stay around. When we are long dead, will our decendents be picking through these old threads.

Fernando,

I bought the specialfins kelpie blades (without the camo pattern, but same blade). I went with "hard", but found that the fin was too stiff in the standard Omer pockets. I used an old pair of sporasub pockets and it made all the difference for me. I only own/use this one pair of fins. No doubt I would take a new pair if offered, but these work too well to justify blowing any more money on fins; money better spent on travel.

Ted

i was'nt expecting that someone would reply :)
thanks for that and for the info.
maybe some will folow to pass the 30 page barrier :)

Fernando

Hey man - I went with the Nemo #2 in sporasub 44-46 footpockets. I like them alot and have bought some 44-46 Omer footpockets to see if they are slightly bigger for my feet - have yet to plug and play...

But yes - I would recommend the Nemo #2.... buena suerte with your choice !
Edward

Hi Fernando,

I used the info on this thread in purchasing a set of hybrids (hard) in spora pockets and later was given a well used set of kelpies (medium, thanks Jyri) I've been very happy with them, but recently purchased a set of waterway #2 blades just to play with a softer fin. I was surprised to find that the softer blade works better for me and am considering getting a set of #1s to experiment with. I'll put up a review once I get some more milage on the blades.

Connor

Last edited:
Connor, let me know when you get sick of those kelpies as I have a good home for them.:) I didn't like them when I tried them in my OMER pockets, but loved them in my Sporasub's. I was kicking myself for not buying them at the time.

How do you like the toe angle, or lack there of, on the Waterways?

Jon

Hey fellas,

I have a pair of SF stereo blades med with camo print and love them (omer pocket). I had a pair of WW bi fins #3 and could not get used to them (no angle) I would sometimes end up swiming with my arms on the surface and the fins where to stiff for me anyway. Just my opinion though.

Dive safe,
Roland

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT