• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Fish Spearing/Garbage Removal Contest 2007 (Entire Year) - Wisconsin

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
You got me all excited and tingly when I read 'Huge Bluegills" and "Huge Perch"!

This coming Spring we'll have to hit that spot...If it's early enough they should STILL be there...Me likey Perch! :pMmmmm!

That is if I don't pull 'em up through little holes in the ice!!! :t

Can you point me in the right direction...Or come with during Ice fishing season?

Thanks!

Scott - You alone could rid a lake of those vermin carp!!!! You go!!!!

Last edited:
In all I think I probably SAW 40 Carp.
This brings my total to 31 carp, 7 suckers , 3 Gizzard Shad, 1 gar, 1 DOGFISH, and a Freshwater Drum for a total of 44 ROUGH FISH :martial
Awe, look at those cute little carp in the bucket! :)

Last edited:
Great job Scott!

I hope the wind dies down to improve the vis by 11/3...

I should have made a rule that you could only go to Green Lake if I was with you...lol!

Now I really have to bust my buns to catch you before 1/1/08! :martial

Gene

Now I really have to bust my buns to catch you before 1/1/08! :martial

Gene
What are you doing on your computer? Get out there and spear some fish, make this a race! (I think scott is cheating, but can't prove it).

Your right - I bait them with Little Debbie Ho-Ho's - they love em!

Gene- Wait till I go to the outlet next- Armageddon!

The only bad thing about the outlet, that I discovered last time. If I shoot too many carp- and I'm by myself- it's really hard to get my tote up that hill!!!!!!!!!!!! Last time I shot carp in there I ended up with 110# of carp- which isn't too bad- but going up a hill with wet feet - sucks! :D

Next thing ya know, we will see an electric winch installed at the top of the hill. A label will read "one of Scott's latest toys". rofl

Hey, it's okay, as long as we get some carp out of here...not that we are making even a dent in the population, but hey, it feels good doing this service. Not to mention it is a whole lot of fun! :)

Gene

Reactions: Whopperhead
Ended up shooting 13 carp and 1 sucker at Green Lake today- although 2 carp came off my stringer sometime :confused: So, I saying I got 11 carp and 1 sucker- biggest one was maybe 20#

This brings my total to 42 carp, 8 suckers , 3 Gizzard Shad, 1 gar, 1 DOGFISH, and a Freshwater Drum for a total of 56 ROUGH FISH :martial

Attachments

• PIC_00592.jpg
    PIC_00592.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 163
  • PIC_0058.jpg
    PIC_0058.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 163
  • PIC_0054.jpg
    PIC_0054.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 145
Managed to get 3 more carp out of Lake Mendota on 11/9/07- south of Governor's Island.

This brings my total to 45 carp, 8 suckers , 3 Gizzard Shad, 1 gar, 1 DOGFISH, and a Freshwater Drum for a total of 59 ROUGH FISH :martial

Attachments

• PIC_0066.JPG
    PIC_0066.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 151
  • PIC_0070.JPG
    PIC_0070.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 162
Add 4 more to my count- Good thing I didn't have the speargun half the time- who knows what would of happened. I don't have a pic with me and the carp- but I have 2 witnesses.

This brings my total to 49 carp, 8 suckers , 3 Gizzard Shad, 1 gar, 1 DOGFISH, and a Freshwater Drum for a total of 63 ROUGH FISH :martial

I'm assuming you mean 07? I'm working and going out on the 1st-SO, I'll leave tomorrow alone- The Fish shall live to see a NEW YEAR (about a day) :D

(In Queen singing voice):

"Scott is the Champion. Scott is the Champion. No time for losers, cause Scott is the Champion...of the Wisconsin 2007 rough fish spearfishing competition!"

Awesome job Scott.

You have won a custom made attachement arm for your underwater camera...to attach your camera to your spear gun.

Draw something up, & get it to me...I'll make it out of aluminum on my milling machine.

On to 2008!

Gene

Thank You! Thank You! It was a great adventure! To give you all a chance for the 2008 TITLE - I am not shooting ANY fish in the 2008 Season.

NOT!

I'm just kidding! I am just wondering if i should double my numbers this season or not.

My total of 49 carp, 8 suckers , 3 Gizzard Shad, 1 gar, 1 DOGFISH, and a Freshwater Drum for a total of 63 ROUGH FISH for 2007. :martial

Not sure if I will shoot another Gar unless it's a Record size Gar- But CARP, Suckers, Dogfish (bowfin) - SWIM! Swim for your lives. For I will show you NO MERCY! I'm getting a Smoker and you'll be smoked!

Gene - Get a Sticky going for the "2008 Rough Fish & Garbage Contest" - For I see in my near future carp- and lots of them.

I am really wanting one of us to get a RECORD size Rough Fish this year. I'm thinking we can do it- We have a better chance than those shooting them with bow and arrow.

Hope we all have a Great and Safe 2008 Year

-THE CARP SLAYER

Attachments

• OteyCarp.jpg
    OteyCarp.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 157
  • BigCarpemail.jpg
    BigCarpemail.jpg
    389.7 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0205.jpg
    IMG_0205.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0050-1.jpg
    IMG_0050-1.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Congratulations Scott. Did you weigh any in 2007? What was your biggest fish?
~Brian

My biggest carp was 29lbs 4oz- I think the one at Lake Michigan was bigger- but I don't think the scale was zero'd- it only read 24lbs- I know it was more than that. So, I say 29lbs is my biggest.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT