• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

florida freedivers

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Anyone planning on diving BS this weekend? Let me know about an early AM or late PM, as I'm game for either.

I will be diving Blue Springs this weekend. I will be there Saterday morning about 9am. I'm planning an evning dive on Sunday, around 5pm. If anyone is interested, let me know, and I'll make sure to be there at an exact time.

Brian

I'm planning to dive Troy Springs on Saterday 8/01. I will have at least one dive line set up at 60+ feet. I may stop at Itchituckny Springs and the Blue Hole on the way back. I'm meeting DiverDonna and her daughter there. A freind and my cousine will be traveling with me as well. Anyone up to diving is more than welcome to join me.

If you have not dove Troy Springs before, it is open water. No tight spaces and very little overhead. Depending on the water level, it starts out at 30 ft on one end and slopes to 70+ ft. You can stand in 5 ft of water and have it drop off to 60+ ft right in front of you.

The more freedivers the better. Also, anyone with an underwater camera is a plus.

I'll be meeting Scott at Blue springs this Saterday. Probly first thing in the morning. And I'll be meeting DiverDonna at Troy next Saterday, the 1st.

Anyone else want to dive?

I'll be there Saturday at Blue. Maybe Scott can bring that wetsuit for me to have a look at. Does anyone have a recent report on the visibility at Troy. I'm going to try and arrange that one, too. Have they gotten campsites at Troy yet?

I was at Troy this past Saturday and Sunday - viz was only about 30' and there were numerous scuba divers that reduced it even further (the earlier in the day the better).

If it does not rain much this week, viz should only improve. Of course if it does, it will have the opposite effect (note that Troy only re-opened a few weeks ago after being closed due to high water levels).

No camping yet at Troy.

I'll bring the Boz suit to Blue this Saturday, and also talk about some other campsites in the Troy area if you need some more info.

Scott

Had a fantastic dive today. Thanks to Scott for letting me borrow the hooded vest. Made the diving warmer and more comfortable. By far, the best was that 3 manatees showed up at the boil and swam there for over an hour. Wish I'd a camera to post some pictures. The silouette from beneath was beautiful with sunlight above and two adult and a baby manatee swimming overhead. Eventually the rangers moved all swimmers away, but it was really memorable. Upon leaving, a law enforcement officer told me about a report of a "free diver wearing a black wesuit" complaing about people being moved away from the area and wanting a refund on the admission price. I told him it wasn't me and I've an annual pass, but would pay extra for this experience.

I'm not sure if i'm going to make it up to troy this weekend or not. I got bad sick last night. I'm doing better, but still can't dive. I'll have to reschedule Troy Springs for another time. I will be in the Gainsville area on Saterday and I believe Donna still wants to dive. So, if there is anyone that will be at Troy, let me know. We may still meet you there. I just won't have the dive lines set up. Let me know if anyone is still planning to be there.

I just got back to town. I'm still congested and did not make it to Troy Springs. We did stop at Itchnitucknee to renew our state passes and cool off. My sinuses and ears were congested, so I could not dive below 10 feet. It was killing me too. Every time I swam to the opening of Blue Hole and looked inside, I just wanted to keep going. My dive time was good, I just could not equalize. And the one time that I tried gave me a reverse block that made me feel like my ear drum was going to expolde when I reached the surface. But heay, just two days ago I was sick in bed with a fever and feeling like my whole head was going to explode. So I was happy to just be able to get in the water and look around.

I took some video of Donna diving Itchnitucknee Spring and some photos of Blue Hole. Donna did some dives into Blue Hole, but I did not get any video there. The batteries were almost dead.

Blue Hole was pretty busey. There was a bunch of guys trying to dive, but had to turn back at 10 feet because they could not equalize. Of course there was also one young girl diving to the bottom (33 ft). It is always good to see female freedivers. That is one thing you don't see too often. Most guys get jelous and quit when a female freediver passes them. I just welcome them. I have one freind that quit diving all together becuase his girlfreind could dive deeper than him. And I have seen several mocho guys at Blue that got embarresed and left because Donna showed up. They were showing off to their girlfreinds, diving down to the log. Then Donna shows up and pulls a 50 ft dive. Next thing you know, they leave. It never fails.

Ok, this is long enough. I should be back in the water next weekend.

Brian

Free diving is worse than surfing when it comes to finding women to enjoy the sport with. In recent times, there is more surfing with the opposite sex and hoping the same happens here. I've got three daughters that I'm hoping to get involved in the sport, so I'm doing my part.

It's been a while since I've been on the forums. But I'm back to sea level and eager to find a dive partner in the Destin, FL area.

hello everyone I'm kinda new here. I began goign to the springs as a hobby, and quickly developed a favorite which is Volusia Blue springs. I go thee every weekend sometimes during the week. I try to go saturdays, but sometimes I go sunday. The deepest i go is the sing at 60ft.

I drive my scooter from south orlando to Orange city, about 1hr and 45 min. I dont have much equipment other than a mask and some plastic gray fins. see ya there

Free diving is worse than surfing when it comes to finding women to enjoy the sport with. In recent times, there is more surfing with the opposite sex and hoping the same happens here. I've got three daughters that I'm hoping to get involved in the sport, so I'm doing my part.

Amen, still waiting on my jessica alba :friday

Anybody planning to goto Troy in October? My son and I went for a little while this afternoon and missed most of the bubble blowers. The viz ok but not fantastic.

I'll be at Troy (and/or Orange Grove Sink) on Sunday, October 18th in the morning.

Scott

I've never been to Orange Grove Sink, the website says it's currently closed. Is it similiar to Troy?
JT

I expect to be at one of those two Friday early am, Oct 30.

Connor

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT