• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

florida freedivers

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
cdavis what are the water temp in ft.pierce?!?!? I want to order a suit but don't if I use 1,5 or 3 mm I stand 13/14 water well with my 5mm beachaut

In the warmer months I would expect temps hitting 80s..In the colder months you can probably count on 60s..

I have shoredove out of the Fort Pierce inlet numerous times - I saw one of the biggest stingrays ever there - about 6+ feet wide..Life in't abundant - but isn't spare here..Can be a good lobstering spot as well!

wooaa site suporters are passed all through ft. pierce and me thinking that I was going to boring little vilage :D stingrays here are very very rare, fish is rare seaweed are abudant to the point of blocking all visibility sometimes they is due chemical dumps probably amonia and how knows what more, but the stingrays from have an unique padron like a whaleshark but mostly yellow with some blue traces and with spots despite their size 1+ft they are pretty beautiful

If they are freediving suits, a 5 mil will be more than plenty in the winter, 3 mil for spring and late fall. Nothing or a 1 mil for summer and early fall. The springs are 3 mil.

Connor

Anyone in the Central FL or cave country area have a pro underwater camera rig? I would like to get some professional level pictures taken - location flexible..

Can reward you for your time with dinner/beer or some money :)

pro I don't have it :S but when I'm there we can take some photos with my cam
beers and god jokes will be more than enough ;)

Back in the water!

I've been out of the water for a while now, but I'm getting back into it. I have been trying to dive at Blue Springs in the evenings when I get the chance. I'm starting a new job this week, so other than Sunday, I'm not sure when I'll be avalible to dive. I do plan to be at Blue Springs most Sundays though. If anyone will like to dive, just let me know what time you plan to be there, and I'll try to meet you.

I'm trying to build up my depth and time again. So, I could use someone to dive with. My dive buddy's can't always make it when I can, and I never push myself when I'm alone. If there is no other freedivers, I just do a few shallow dives and leave. Not much fun by yourself, and Not safe.

Well I look foward to diving with some of you again and the rest for the first time. Be safe and have fun.

Brian

Hi Brian, welcome back.

Give me a few weeks to recover from my last trip and I will be interested in a Blue Springs trip.

Connor

Re: Back in the water!

Hey Brian,
I hit up the springs at least once a week and Sundays are good for me. I am recovering from an ear infection - but might be clear to go this coming Sunday.

will

Connor,
Let me know when you are ready to go back to Blue.

Will,
I look foward to meeting & diving with you. I will be at Blue sometime this Sunday. What works best for you? Morning, Noon or Afternoon?

Connor,
Let me know when you are ready to go back to Blue.

Will,
I look foward to meeting & diving with you. I will be at Blue sometime this Sunday. What works best for you? Morning, Noon or Afternoon?

Brian,
I'm hoping I will be clear - I still have some cloggage in my ear. If I am able to make it - I will probably spend mid morning to early afternoon up there!

will

I hope your ear gets better in time. Mid morning sounds good. I need to replace my old wetsuit and have been diving in just shorts. So, I can only stay in the water for about 2 or 3 hours, unless I decide to put on my 7/5mm suit. It is just a little harder to move in. I'll PM you with my cell number.

Brian

Got it - will give you a shout as it gets closer - hopefully my ear will allow me to.

I'll be making several short sessions as I just ripped my last wetsuit and haven't had the chance to find a new one yet..

72' isnt too bad - helps lower your heart rate :)

Will do, Brian. It won't be long before I get the itch gets intolerable, again.

Connor

Good news! My ear seemed to tolerate equalization today so Sunday should be GO!

I also found out some of my friends are going to be there with an advanced scuba class - so we should have plenty of safety divers ;)

They are getting there around 8am - I think I might do the same to "beat the rush" - they are going to picnic out so I plan on doing the same and making a day out of it!

And connor - you should come on out! :) I was actually in Sarasota area today - dove Venice - conditions were AWFUL!!

I'd love to join you guys on Sunday, but I'll be doing some N. FL. springs (Blue Hole and Wakulla on Saturday and Wacissa on Sunday - if anyone is in the area, welcome to join).

I plan on being at Blue at least once the following weekend (7/3-7/5), so maybe I'll run into you then.

Scott

I don't think I am going to go near a state park spring on the 4th of july weekend - maybe it won't be so bad first thing when the park opens though.

Dove last night - my ear is back :p Will probably be at Blue Springs when they open tomorrow (8am I believe)! Who else is coming?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT