• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving Media Base & Apnea Training Manager

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I have a problem whit creating account of apnea training . I had answered all the questions correct but the computer log me out . I think there is some problems whit the little test there.
No, the test is fine (75 registered users are the proof it works if you answer correctly). I am sorry, but you did not pass the test. Do some reading and then try again.

Last edited:
I failed first with my 7 years old age but succeed with "than I 64". Have a fan with statistics rofl

I failed first with my 7 years old age but succeed with "than I 64". Have a fan with statistics
I'll be removing users apparently cheating, and there will be also a reputation and verification system serving for approving/certifying data of other users (network of trust). Sorry, but your account was blocked. :rcard

I'll never know what I gonna miss. So, who cares? :t
Not me indeed. People of your genre are not welcome there. Additionally I have information that your security record at competitions is not excellent either, so it may be better for you too, to stay away from the website.

Well, there is a thing called privacy. I and other people have the WRITE to keep own personal data out of commercial sharks. And this information cost A LOT of money. You never know who will use your data next time.
You can easily find my PB on my webpage. I agree they are not excellent (yet). Why do you start talking about them? If you have no other arguments shame on you. :rcard

Entering the data is optional. Almost none of the data are mandatory (except of the birth date for the age verification, and your email address that is used for retrieving lost passwords). So if you chose not to enter any personal data, you can keep them out entirely. However, entering intentionally wrong data is a clear violation of the terms of use, and won't be tolerated. Additionally, you publicly disclosed your malicious intentions of skewing the statistics.

As for the privacy of the personal data, it is clearly defined on the Privacy Policy page (and in the P3P compact headers processed by your browser). Private data won't be shared or sold to anyone. If you do not agree with the policies, or with the Terms & Conditions, you should have avoided signing in.

As for your PB - I do not care about them. Freedivers of all levels are welcome. And I did not speak about your PB. I mentioned your security records (not performance) - it means security accidents recorded at various competitions. That's in no way any data you enter in the profile at Apnea.cz. They come from public records.

Last edited:
I'll be removing users apparently cheating, and there will be also a reputation and verification system serving for approving/certifying data of other users (network of trust). Sorry, but your account was blocked. :rcard

Trux, did you not learn from this action?

(Cheater & Teacher are permutations coincidentally, and not necessarily mutually exclusive (since the action was self admitted and straightforward here).

Please reconsider your reaction, if you haven't already.

Btw, I've not attempted to enter the "portal" & quiz, because I think it is based on the typical modern freediving methods, while I'm focused on the ARC method. (aka Aqua-photic Respiratory Cycle). I do not wish to be penalized for disagreeing with certain modern training methods which may be effective and useful for some purposes but which I don't think were ever used in very ancient times by human ancestral divers at seashores a million years ago, including equipment. Any suggestion? Should I skip it? I've already seen the fin section, looks great. DDeden

The test is merely a safeguard against ignorant people getting in. Regardless of whether you agree with the answers you should at least be familiar with the current science of freediving.
I think anybody trying to subvert what Trux is doing should be ashamed of themselves.
This is not a battle one side against the other it is merely a good person doing a good thing. How about giving some credit?

Last edited:
Reactions: trux
Yeah , i am also interested in this method. Never heard about it. Please tell us more....

p.s. Respect for all the incredible work Trux has done.Truly amazing !!!

Could you please give more info on that method? Some links, book...thanks
You will find more information in wet's posts and on his website
APNEA.cz - Apnea and Freediving Media Base
http://forums.deeperblue.net/genera...e-wet-sinus-free-diving.html?highlight=photic
http://forums.deeperblue.net/beach-bar/70765-ancient-divers-ears.html?highlight=Aqua-photic
If you need more info please post a question in one of those threads, so that we keep it both here and there on topic.

Trux, did you not learn from this action?
(Cheater & Teacher are permutations coincidentally, and not necessarily mutually exclusive (since the action was self admitted and straightforward here).
David, I am afraid I do not understand what you exactly mean. If osusim have appologized instead of being even more offensive, I'd be certainly willing to handle it accordingly. However, I will not tolerate any abuse of the system, and evidently malicious actions of users like this one will be punished in future too. Of, course I was well aware that there would be cheaters (I am IT security expert), so the osusim's case it is nothing that would surprise me or teach me something new. As I wrote, there is also a "network-of-trust" feature that will allow users certifying/assigning trust to other users, or even to their individual results. The trust will spread from certified users (at the beginning myself and couple of other people I trust and know personally), and will then propagate to others. Trust will be increased by other users with higher trust level, or by official certified results (AIDA, FFESSM,...), and automatically reduced (and propagate back to all those who gave credit to the cheater) if any cheating is discovered. That will allow having much more reliable statistics. At the moment the system is not in works yet, though, but it does not mean I'll let cheaters unpunished.

BTW, I've not attempted to enter the "portal" & quiz, because I think it is based on the typical modern freediving methods, while I'm focused on the ARC method. (aka Aqua-photic Respiratory Cycle). I do not wish to be penalized for disagreeing with certain modern training methods which may be effective and useful for some purposes but which I don't think were ever used in very ancient times by human ancestral divers at seashores a million years ago, including equipment. Any suggestion? Should I skip it? I've already seen the fin section, looks great. DDeden

I see certain misunderstanding of the system among people here and on Esprit Apnée as well. First, as Glenn wrote, the test does not suggest any methods, it only verifies some basic knowledge of freediving terms (mostly physiologic), and principally only those security related.

And then the Apnea Training Manager software does not suggest any methods either. ATM is also not a simple timer or coach for dry training of static tables, as some mistakenly think.

ATM is basically a database of freediving exercises (static, dynamic, depth, stretching, and theoretic), where users can either select from available exercises (or adjust/modify them), or they also can add completely new exercises. So if you wish to add exercises based on you Aqua-photic Respiratory Cycle theory, I'd be more than happy, and everyone else could profit from it too. On the other hand you can also set the exercises private, so nobody else can see them (or enable it for just your buddies), but you can still use the the tool for exercising, and collecting training statistics.

Both the exercises, and training statistics data can be either public, private, or even encrypted - in the latter way they are not visible even to me, so there is no way somebody else could access them.

So ATM is not just a timer for training you static tables in front of the screen. You can use and modify available exercises, create new ones, adjust the times to your level (or that of your club or group), print them and bring them to the pool. And those with the possibility to use a notebook, PDA, or even a cell phone (the cell phone version is not yet released now) in waterproof bag at the pool, they can have the ATM coach and time them directly at the wet training too. The ATM then collects and logs result data. This data can then be used for training progress analysis, for comparing individuals and groups, for comparing the efficiency of exercises, suggesting new exercises, etc. Again, you can choose if you want to keep the data private, or share them with others in your group, or with all Apnea.cz members.

You can plan not only individual tables, but entire training sessions, multi-day courses, or entire years training programs. Initially I wrote the application for our club (Cyrnea, Lyon), so that we have a tool for planning our yearly training program, which is currently rather chaotic because it is not centralized, and each session is coached by a different instructor whose methods vary and are not synchronized among each other. I hoped that with such tool we can bring some system into the training. Once I started working on it, I told myself it would be pity to invest so much time into it and not making others profiting from it too, so I decided making it public.

There are already now exercises from several different schools of freediving in the ATM database (all entered by me, though), and I hope that the diversity will grow (unfortunately until now nobody added any new exercise, but I still hope it will happen once). So if you add exercises following your theory, it will only enrich the community.

Last edited:
Another sleepless night trux? Go diving and you will not see only cheaters around you. :)
150 kg and 250 cm which I filled in as a joke can be easily solved by PM.

The test is merely a safeguard against ignorant people getting in. Regardless of whether you agree with the answers you should at least be familiar with the current science of freediving.
I think anybody trying to subvert what Trux is doing should be ashamed of themselves.
This is not a battle one side against the other it is merely a good person doing a good thing. How about giving some credit?

Trux has lots lots and lots of credit. :)

He has taught me much, sometimes by confirming, sometimes by disagreeing.

To ask for reconsideration, is not to imply the judgement was not correct.

DD

Could you please give more info on that method? Some links, book...

thanks

to both:

I should not have used the word "method", that would appear to be already proven, it is definitely not proven at all, in the practical sense, it is merely hypothetical, based on circumstantial evidence.

IOW, no, not yet. Takes time.

I don't want to drag this excellent thread Off topic. PM me for further questions, I probably don't have the answers you'd want anyway, still learning.
DD

Last edited:
You will find more information in wet's posts and on his website
APNEA.cz - Apnea and Freediving Media Base
http://forums.deeperblue.net/genera...e-wet-sinus-free-diving.html?highlight=photic
http://forums.deeperblue.net/beach-bar/70765-ancient-divers-ears.html?highlight=Aqua-photic
If you need more info please post a question in one of those threads, so that we keep it both here and there on topic.

Thanks Trux. Agreed. Also I read the other long message, ok with me. I'd thought training = specific methods, but that's not what you meant, so good.

DD

Last edited:
I can't past the test . Can some one give an idea please .I work every day i have no time to guess questions.

Here have I been lurking and silently amusing my self..."Cannot pass the test...Losers, heh heh..."

Well guess what :) The first one was lost due to not noticing that some questions have no right answer. But the rest...Sheesh, I reviewed the last set again and I still cannot see what I answered wrong. Will have to wait 24h to see the goodies I guess.

I hope you are collecting statistics Trux - would be interesting to see what are the most common misconceptions in freediving!

Site looks cool, as expected :)

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT