• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving Scotland

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Ste is ace, you'll learn a lot and have a good laugh!

I was just trying to pull his leg to see if he bit :)

Cool. No worries. You had me worried.
I'm looking forward to having a go at this free diving thing.
I just hope we can get enough bodies to make it worth his while.

Cool. No worries. You had me worried.
I'm looking forward to having a go at this free diving thing.
I just hope we can get enough bodies to make it worth his while.

Sorry about that.

Again, you'll love freediving and Ste's instruction is top notch!

Thanks, I'm sure iI will.
I spoke to Steve today. I hope I can pull this off. I need to find enough bodies to make it worth his while. I know how hard self employment is.
I cant have him coming here and loosing money.
How long have you been free diving? How did you get into it?

Hi I am fairly new to this forum and freediving. I'm looking for freediving clubs around where is stay in Dundee but can't find any, If anybody knows any such clubs in my area can you let me know please. Or if there is anybody in my area that freedives.

Jamie

Freedive with me in the Sound of Mull. I'm looking for a training buddy up here on the West side, so drop me an email and we can arrange a freediving session... Cheers, Ivan.
Posted via Mobile Device
Hi Ivan I was planning to rent a cottage on the island of mull with the family during the last week of October. Just wanted to ask about the water temperature. Would it be okay to spearfish on the sound of mull with a 7mm wetsuit in October? Does the Gulf Stream make any difference? Cheers.
Tolga

Tolga C, I dive just north of Skye quite frequently and always do so in a 5mm Cressi wetsuit with hood, all year round. You will be more than fine in a 7mm in October. The water will just begin it's cooling down stages next month so you might be lucky and get anything above 13celcius. In July I was in temperatures around 16c.

Reactions: Marek F
Tolga C, I dive just north of Skye quite frequently and always do so in a 5mm Cressi wetsuit with hood, all year round. You will be more than fine in a 7mm in October. The water will just begin it's cooling down stages next month so you might be lucky and get anything above 13celcius. In July I was in temperatures around 16c.

I'm based at condor 45 commando.....if anyone trains around this area be good to meet. I'm from Torquay but posted up north at the moment . Send me a pm cheers MattMatt

Hi there

I am looking for a training buddy in Edinburgh.
Fairly new to freediving , I ve never attempted any dive in the north sea , only Mediterranean
and Red Sea.
Looking forward to a northern
Scottish dive :)

Cheers
Maria

Email: mariakarist@hotmail.com

Hi guys. Anyone from Aberdeen for pool training sessions? I will start my training after 9th october. If there is anyone interested in depths we can figure out something too.

I have just joined this forum in the hopes of finding someone to freedive with in St Abbs on the east coast. I live in edinburgh and go there quite a lot but always solo. I would like to train for better depths and times but I dont really feel comfortable pushing limits on my own.
I would love to hear from anyone that wants to freedive around St Abbs or Eyemouth. its a great area for it. The vis is often 8m or more, lots of life and walls etc.

cheers
Tom
Hi Tom I live in Jed and keep a sailing boat in Eyemouth often snorkelling from boat at anchor, are you still free diving in the area, would like to buddy up to improve too.

Me Tom too

I everyone
I have just arrived a week ago to Edinburgh! Any idea about spearfishing spots here?
I am really keen to it and used to it 4 years ago in Qatar.
Please let me know if anyone wants to meet somewhere he / She is more than welcome to find a way to free diving here!
Good luck
Sofian

Hi Everyone
Great to join this lovely forum and to know that you do spearfishing. I am a new PhD researcher at Heriot-Watt University, arrived a week ago, if you don’t mind meeting up and arranging for spearfishing it would be a favour!
Many thanks
Sofian

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT