• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving Scotland

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Cool - I won't get any time to dive anytime soon but if people want to meet in the eve I'll sponsor something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your ever flagging on the way up there or back and need a s*** ... erm pit stop let me know, I'll sponsor something for you :)
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm a lot better. Now starting a routine in the gym to build up strength and fitness again (apparently trying to do it in the pub isn't the right way according to my Dr).

Steve - I fly up so i'll make sure I flush the airplane toilet just as I go over your place :)

I'm a lot better. Now starting a routine in the gym to build up strength and fitness again (apparently trying to do it in the pub isn't the right way according to my Dr).

That's good news, doctors are always saying things like that, then they finish work and go to the pub. :friday

Cool - I won't get any time to dive anytime soon but if people want to meet in the eve I'll sponsor something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

now you're back on your feet it only seems fitting for you to have urself a 'sponsored' walk round some of the finer sights of Edinburgh! :).......but at this time of year don't forget how important it is to keep hydrated...:)

Steve - I fly up so i'll make sure I flush the airplane toilet just as I go over your place :)

rofl

cheers steve

Great to hear that there are a few guys about interested in spearfishing and freediving in Scotland. I've just been following all the news of the guys on the south coast and getting jealous for the past year! I'm based in Edinburgh and will be for the foreseeable future. Would be very keen to get out with folk who know the area or just meet up for some spearfsih chat.
Any plans this weekend? - I could do Sunday or Monday??

Hi John. I may be free on sunday if this cold/flue goes away in time but it isn't looking promising. I have class all day mon/tue but any time after that I'm good :)

Hi all,

There are quite a few of us in Edinburgh actually - this is fantastic news. I'm Edinburgh based and will be spearfishing the summer, so if there is interest I'd love to hear from you guys.

Mr Bridges - related to Dan by any chance? If so I dived with your brother a couple of times back in the ol' days :)

I'd be great to meet up with some of you and swap experiences and sites :)
I'm on a quest to get a decent east coast cod this year ... should be a laugh!

Dive safe all,

Mark

Hi Mark, Yeah Dan is my older brother (he's living in Zambia now). I tried to email you, and a guy called Steve i think, when I first moved to edinburgh but he must have given me an old/wrong address for you. I'd love to meet up and make some plans to dive this summer. I live in Marchmont and am happy to travel

Well, hell that is easy - I'll pm you my phone number, I live in Newington. It is great that you are so local, I can not wait until they reopen the commonwealth pool - awesome training :)

Sorry about missing your email - I can't say why I did not reply :(
As for Steve, he is very busy with a million things, and is probably not in the country right now anyway. I'll make sure we all go diving somewhere suitably frosty soon though!

Want to meet up for a chat sometime? (I'm not free this weekend though)

M

Hi all folks. I'm a bit further south in Darlington but quite an easy meet in the middle when I'm not slogging over to Wales! :head:)

Hi guys, I moved to Edinburgh 2 years ago (NZ before that!) and been out spearfishing a couple of times since getting back here. Got a couple of fish off Torness yesterday bt have yet to find any decent dive spots. Maybe when the water warms up a little there'll be more life. I'd be keen to meet any like minded spearos to try and find some spots.
The only freedive club in scotland seems to be in Kilmarnock which would be good for you west coast boys but a bit far for me. I think they train on a friday night.

Calling all Freedivers near Edinburgh :)

Since there seem to be more of us than anyone thought, I'm thinking the best thing to do is to all meet up somewhere nice this weekend. Weather is predicted to be crap though, so this might be pub based.

If the weather is as bad as it looks, then the basic plan is to meet up, chat, exchange what we know of the area and organise a couple of trips.

Anyone coming?

M

Count me in.
I'll be getting wet sometime this weekend, but as of yet not sure where. Meeting in a nice warm place with possible cake/pint action would be perfect.
With out limited but collective knowledge I'm sure we'll find somewhere. There is a lot of information regarding shore angling around these parts online that should be of some use.
I just want somewhere kelpy and fishy.

I'll also be heading to octopush on friday night. You should pop along Mark ;)

Cheers

I'm working nights this weekend but could come along to any meet early evening hopefully.
Stephen if you're still about and wanting to organise a deeperblue meet up I could do Wednesday eve although realise this is rather short notice! I'm away down in Bournemouth next week.

Afternoon all!

I do a fair bit of spearfishing up in Aberdeen (not often great conditions) so if anyone is based up here and wants a freedive/spero buddy, give me a shout. can easy make trips around the country if people are making a weekend of it. good to see the sports seem to be growing in Scotland!

Please do give me a shout if you are arranging any trips!

cheers

robin

I'm generally around Mon-Fri during the week, although next week i'm away for 3 weeks due to some well earned holiday.

How about we pencil in a DB meet for a weeknight week starting 30th May?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT