• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Great sayings

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
spitting downwards is easy, but try upwards. (Russian saying)

sometimes cicars are just cicars, but sometimes.. (Sigmund Freud)
(Sometimes snorkels are just....:duh )

Pekka

Originally posted by loopy
And for the quotes.... "rm bin/Laden"... it's a Unix thing ;)
The fact that you know that is scary...

Two things come from Berkely University: BSD Unix and LSD... Its assumed LSD was first...:D

Ah! Didn't know how profound we were going for. Here's one:

"If you leave the dishes in the sink without rinsing them, the next day they get sticky and hard." - Arnold Schwarzennegger

Reactions: DeepThought
Originally posted by Shadowkiller
Vae victo, Vae victis. [Brennus].

Anyone speak latin?
:D

"Woe to the vanquished men, woe to the vanquished people" - someone's been picking up the quotes from Asterix & Obelix... ;)

I'd go for this age old diving quote: "Fluctuat nec mergitur"

Anyone?

Last edited:
"Whether you think you can...or think you can't, you're probably right"
-Henry Ford-

"Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip
around the sun every year."

Better keep those shades on...
:cool:

Reactions: loopy
Originally posted by Narced
I'd go for this age old diving quote: "Fluctuat nec mergitur"

Anyone?
:D :D
"It is tossed by the waves but it does not sink"

"O tempor, O mores" (my personal favourite)

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you will not see the shadows". - Helen Keller

(Interesting quote considering she was blind....)

"I saw a woman wearing a sweatshirt with 'Guess' on it. I said, 'Thyroid problem?'" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

(More fun with Arnold....)

And for all The boys: sorry Nicky!

"Save Horses - Ride Cowboys!"

(saw that on chicky's bumper today - and yes, she was HOT - I like the way she thinks... where did I put those spurs.....)

Willer
:D

Haha I like that one Narced.
Here is another bumper sticker from my bro's ute (a V8 ute I might add):
"My other girlfriend is Anna Kornicover"
Mental blank of how to spell her name :duh .

Originally posted by Shadowkiller

:D :D
"It is tossed by the waves but it does not sink"

"O tempor, O mores" (my personal favourite)

:D "Oh! the the times! Oh! the habits!" ...good old Cicero...

one of my favourites would have to be "Video meliora proboque deteriora sequor"...certainly true of me...

- and especially for Nicky another dive quote "Desinit in piscem mulier formosa superne"...definitely spoken during Nitrogen Narcosis ...

Shadowkiller to translate? :D

Man my latins dodgy these days. Used to be a little more fluent.

Thankfully that first one is from Ovid:
"I see the better way, approve (of) it; (but) do the opposite." (Non exact translation, latin has wierd grammar)

The second: "A woman, beautiful above, has a fish's tail" or more literally "In a fish's tail ends the beautiful woman."

Sorry Nicky, branded a mermaid you are!

My own contribution, and quoted in defense of my latest performance review: "Veritas Odium Parit"

I took from a skateboarding video but I think it could be altered to apply to almost any situation:

"Do not attempt any activities performed
in this video, these are professional
skaters who choose to take a beating
each and every day.

In other words, don't be stupid.

If you do choose to try these tricks
and you suck and fall and get hurt,
don't even try to sue anybody but your
mama for not raising you properlike."
:)

try these out!

Modern Maths

Romance-- Smart man + Smart woman = Romance, Smart man + dumb woman = affair, Dumb man +Smart woman = marriage, Dumb man + dumb woman = pregnancy

Shopping-- A man will pay $2 for a $1 item he needs. A woman will pay $1 for a $2 item that she doesn't need.

General Equations & Stats-- A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband. A man never worrirs about the future until he gets a wife. A successful man is some one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

I will try and find some more!!!!:D

Ok guys you are so up for it:
" A pastor of one church, who was previously a sailor, was very aware that ships were addressed as "she" or "her". He often wondered what gender computers should be addressed. To answer the question he set up 2 groups of computer experts. The first was a group was a group of women, the second, men. Each group was asked to recommend whether computers should be referred to in a feminine or masculine gender.
THe group of women reported that computers should be referred to in the masculine gender because:
1. I order to get their attention you have to turn them on.
2. They have alot of data but are still useless.
3. They are supposed to help you solve problems but half the time they are the problem.
4. As soon as you committ to one, you realise that if you had waited a little longer you could have had a better model.

The men were too stupid to come up with any answers.

:D :D :D

If men can run the world, why can't they stop wearing neckties? How intellingent is it to start the day with a noose around your neck?

Count to ten without thinking of a rabbit.

How's this...

You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose. :D

Courtesy one of my sister's yearbooks.

I'll try and come up with something more profound later.

Seen in southern California on a late model SUV.

"Don't run your fingers over my truck and I won't run my truck over your fingers."

Good one! I love funny bumper stickers.
I'm sure you've all heard: "Horn broken watch for finger"

Here is a good one for people who live in small areas:
The nice part of living in a small town; When you don't know what you're doing, somebody else always does.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT