• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Great sayings

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
My buddy today when he discovered we were low on gas....

"...Do you think we could just add a little water to it [the gas] and maybe thin it out a little? Might get us home..."

He got quite good beating for that one :duh

Willer

My gf came up with a good one.

"do you know thoses boats" she said, I said "which boats".
"the ones that sink" came the reply.

"submarines you mean" I said:duh

Originally posted by Amphibious
My buddy today when he discovered we were low on gas....

Willer

"Gas" is what we from Canada call fuel, petrol, benzine, etc...
Just in case someone thought you were adding water to your trimix ;)
Cheers,
Erik Y.
ps: "There is no evidence anywhere that can prove that life should be taken seriously" Brendan Gill (I think)

"let your best be for your friend. If he must know the ebb of your tide, let him know its flood also." Kahlil Gibran - The prophet

A couple that I like:

It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

I think it was Mark Twain, or am I removing all doubt? :)

A house has to be clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy.

Don't know who said that one.

From Oscar Wilde:

We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars.

Adrian

A whole bunch of them, take your pick.
1. Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

2. Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

3. Process and Procedure are the last hiding place of people without the wit and wisdom to do their job properly.

4. Remember that age and treachery will always triumph over youth and ability.

5. Show me a good loser and I'll show you a LOSER!

6. Put the key of despair into the lock of apathy. Turn the knob of mediocrity slowly and open the gates of despondency - welcome to a day in the average office.

7. What does a squirrel do in the summer? It buries nuts. Why? Cos then in wintertime he's got something to eat and he won't die. So, collecting nuts in the summer is worthwhile work. Every task you do at work think, would a squirrel do that? Think squirrels. Think nuts.

8. When confronted by a difficult problem, you can solve it more easily by reducing it to the question, "How would the Lone Ranger handle this?"

9. Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.

10. If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

11. If at first you don't succeed, remove all evidence you ever tried.

12. You have to be 100% behind someone, before you can stab them in the back.

13. If work was so good, the rich would have kept more of it for themselves.

14. Quitters never win, winners never quit. But those who never win and never quit are idiots.

15. If you're gonna be late, then be late and not just 2 minutes - make it an hour and enjoy your breakfast.

16. Set out to leave the first vapour trail in the blue-sky scenario.

17. Statistics are like a lamp-post to a drunken man - more for leaning on than illumination.

18. A problem shared is a problem halved, so is your problem really yours or just half of someone else’s?

19. I thought I could see the light at the end of the tunnel, but it was just some b*stard with a torch, bringing me more work.

20. Avoid employing unlucky people - throw half of the pile of CVs in the bin without reading them.

ole bunch of stuff, take your pick

Reactions: Sharky
Well, you may be right, but think of all the millions out there who have not seen the inner light of his wisdom.

Among all those who have nothing to say, the ones who shut up are the most intelligent.

"Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible." - M. C. Escher

Anderson

"Man's greatest asset is the unsettled mind." - Isaac Asimov

I know a couple of dozen people on these forums who fit this pretty well. :D

Anderson

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." - Mark Twain

Anderson

"Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers." - Bernhard Haisch

Anderson

And last one, which is actually one of my favorites...

"There is no better sedative than skepticism." -Nietzche

Anderson

"the most beautiful thing under the sun is being under the sun." Christa Wolf

"Faliure is temporary but shame will haunt you forever."

Admin Edit

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I've had a few drinks, so see if I care.

"I am so scared of getting married, I don't know why":blackeye :hungover

Admin Edit

Last edited by a moderator:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT