• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Guernsey 2015

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
image.jpg
Great weekend at the deeper blue 2015 Guernsey fish in.
Ended up with a nice sole (2lb 12oz) on Sunday. Slowly getting the hang of this flatfish hunting buisness.

Is that a white bream? Very nice! Must be a story to go with it?

Not sure what it was, all I know is it went well with oil lemon zest and lots of garlic cooked over a hot grill.

Was looking for lobsters and on the way in I had to cut over a string weed bridge between a small islet , loaded gun, slowly wandered in, and a shoal of bream bolted past, I then circled round and took a gamble , complete luck they swam straight into me

Looks like a white bream to me. As far as I recall no one here has had one, though something vague in the back of my brain tells me Jonny may have, many of us have seen mini ones in the shallows, and the odd fleeting glimpse of proper fish.

I think the rod caught record is only on the mini species list. Been proper fish that size rod and spear caught in Jersey but not many, if any, here.

Richard Lord would be interested for sure.

Reactions: jerseymike
Hi All
Devon based spearo after some advice, am on holiday in brittany next month and would like to take my kit but having trouble finding info regarding french spearing regs, any of you guys done a trip to baguette land/know the score?

Hi All
Devon based spearo after some advice, am on holiday in brittany next month and would like to take my kit but having trouble finding info regarding french spearing regs, any of you guys done a trip to baguette land/know the score?

Might be worth sending fro-in-shorts a pm, i know he has speared there before and may be able to help.

Went out 3 hours before low at a usual west coast spot, within a minute I saw a large mullet with what looked like a chunk taken out of it at the back, I was kind of thinking of finishing him off but left him on his way
Some massive rockies around today, saw a couple of longnose which I both took a shot at and missed, one of them was quite large and I only noticed him when he almost swam into my spear. Took a mullet that was swimming close by, then moved onto the area where all the bootlace is. Stalked around there for 30 minutes and then a bass turned up, he was swimming away from me but then circled around and hovered in front of me, shot it at the back near the tail, the fish was 3lb in weight. Seems that stealth mode has finally kicked in and im seeing the bass on a regular basis, which is a lot different to last year.
Was out last week and went to a local spot, the tide was coming in and it was pretty rough around the usual spot, kept making noise with the snorkel clearing it, found a bass tail in the weed and waited, he revered back into full view and took a shot, 2.5lb bass, was clearing my snorkel when I alarmed a 5-6lb'r. Good to be getting the bass and the taste of fresh bass out the oven is awesome ;)

longnose.JPG
pic1.JPG
pic2.JPG
pic3.JPG
pic4.JPG
pic5.JPG
pic7.JPG

Hey guys
I was just wondering if anyone has dived the stretch between Portlet and the Fair Rings?
Looked at it a few times and think I might give it a go in the next few weeks.

Looks like something has had a good go at the poor mullet Matt. :unsure:

Last edited:
"The Bay Of Plenty" . Had a fair few bass out of there in the past, never found much in the deeper water on the outside, always in the bay.

Often seen seals in there as well, which is quite possibly also responsible for the damage to that mullet.

Hey guys
I was just wondering if anyone has dived the stretch between Portlet and the Fair Rings?
Looked at it a few times and think I might give it a go in the next few weeks.

Looks like something has had a good go at the poor mullet Matt. :unsure:

I've wandered what that area would be like, have to give it a go

Jersey Dan fished that area on the Saturday of the comp & was amazed with the amount of ormers on view!
From my experience, that area is good for lobster & crab but if you continue just a little bit around the corner it becomes a very bleak & barren underwater sea scape, with little weed & lots of bleached bones from the numerous lost at sea sailors & probably a few lost spearos...

Reactions: Spirit
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT