• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Guernsey fish-in & social 2017

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Screenshot_20170710-195804.jpg
Screenshot_20170710-195804.jpg

Hi Mart, hopefully i have attached our list fyi, for our Jsy species hunt. We do all fish on size, and if a fish makes the limit with mouth open and tail fin straightened, we accept it, but we stick to weight for cuttle and crabs .....all those long tentacles and legs ...from what i remember ...not a lot of big cuttle in gnsy last few years in August so maybe, if you opt for weight, the weight could be reduced to 0.5kgs? We are not allowed to hunt lobster in JSY, so have no size for them..i think jsy legal size carapace is 8.7cm...not sure about gnsy limit

Last edited:
Thanks Mike that all makes sense , lets see if we get anymore suggestions before I amend the list.

Reactions: jerseymike
HI Mart , the above are our minimum sizes. As you know not all fish are created equal , ie weight difference between fish of same length can be quite marked. EG 45cm bass and mullet generally weigh somewhere between about 700 to 1.1kg ish so if u r after definitely 1kg plus bass and mullet, u cld raise the size further.. to about 50cm? All then shld defo weigh over a kilo and some considerably more..perhaps over 1.5kgs. We have the above minimum size for species comp, none of our min sizes are huge, but all are well above legal limits(if one applies) Our comp runs over a full year so divers are able to enter their first fish they catch over club minimum but then can replace this if they catch a bigger fish ..eg if they catch 5kg gilthead then catch a 7kg gilthead (dream on!) , their first entry can be replaced by the bigger fish . Some of our min sizes cld be increased further to meet ur minimum weights..but it gets very complicated if you have too many different sizes hence we opted for generalised basic minimum sizes to start, with a view that they cld be improved upon during the season. Our minimum sizes are similar to BSA minimums .....but in some cases... are considerably larger.

Dinner booked for the Octopus Bar and Grill on the Saturday evening, 5 August, 2017, 7:00 p.m.
If your names not here then please contact me ASAP.

Andy Linehan

Dan Noble

Martyn Foxen

Mike Shearer

Paul Collas

Sarah Warr

Thomas Todd

Louis

Matt Gurney

Kerin Sergeant

Juan Askew

Lola

Sorrel

Mrs Spaniard

Eddy 1666

Jack Luce

Boss (Nick)

Jo (niece)

Lorne

Brandon

Mac

John Norman

Pierre

Here is the list of names I have for the actual competition...

Andy Linehan

Dan Noble

Mike Shearer

Paul Collas

Thomas Todd

Louis

Matt Gurney

Kerin Sergeant

Juan Askew

Eddy 1666

Jack Luce

Boss (Nick)

Brandon

Mac

John Norman

Pierre

Dave Du Port

Andre Bellingham.

New Species List (CM/LB)

Cuttle Fish 1 LB

Lobster 1 1/2 LB

Chancre 2 LB

Scallop 10 cm

Red Mullet 28 cm

Mackerel 28 cm

All Breams 28 cm **

Gurnard 28 cm

Trigger Fish 28 cm

Dover Sole 36 cm

Plaice 36 cm

Turbot 38 cm

Brill 38 cm

Gilthead Bream 40 cm **

Pollock 45 cm

Long Nose 45 cm

Bass 45 cm

Mullet 50 cm

Reactions: Brandon89
Not long now ( I miss Ganti saying that) fingers crossed for good weather Ah.
I am still not 100% sure how many we have for the fishing days or how many are coming for the prize giving but I think we have 17 divers for each day (maybe 20 though)
Don't forget you pirate or princesses attire, I have not really gone to town with the party house theme but we should get a few good pictures.

Yes mate, if you can be bothered to carry them then your are welcome to use them ( I would myself).

Reactions: Eddy1666
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT