• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

gun comparison?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I agree with Scott, (imagine that), that the release of the bands will wake the dead, or soon to be dead. That's why you want to optimize your gear by going with the smallest diameter shaft you can and still be able to punch it through the flesh and let the barbs and cable/bungee/float do the work, all while being able to reuse it without taking it to the blacksmith's anvil afterwards.

That also means that you're going to have to get as close as you can to the fish, and that's going to depend on more ingrediants than this place has time for, but you'll see a tuna 20 feet away and kick lick Hell trying to close the distance and all you'll get is tired. The next dive, the things will be so close you have to choke up on the barrel to swing on them. Go figure...:confused: For those 20' shots, and there aren't any such things, and I don't care who you are, you'll need the 4 bands to send that shaft out there and still get the fish's attention, but figure that the fish'll hear the thing going off. Say bye-bye. If you're in the baitball and they're in close is four too many? Not if the fish ends up on the boat and in the final analysis, that's the true question.

sven

OK, I BOUGHT IT

YAY. i finally spoiled myself and bought myself a new speargun.:eek: I got a 55 inch yokooji. Its in the mail.

Thanks for all your suggestions, I know it is a good choice.

the hapa kid:D :D :D

Anyone wants to see a Yokooji

Greetings Sultan of Smooth,

Just wondering if ur Majesty would like the photo of a Yokooji ?
I got it from Sterling thru a recco. of Anderson. He runs a shop.
I have the spec too.

Anyone else would like to see a Yakooji, at least we need not tire Sterling with individual email.

Too bad it only has two rubbers.

Rubber Rubber Rubber,
My life depends on Rubber.
My scuba tank O-ring is made of Rubber,
My Ferrari's ( in my dreams ) Pirelli is made of Rubber
My fish cathes depends on Rubber,
Even my girfriends refused me without a rubber,
Rubber Rubber Rubber....What would I do without rubbers ?

IYA

I got mine through hanapaa. That was the only place i could find it. I just got the last one they said and they dont know when more will be comiing in. I think the 50 inch runs 425.

and hey IYA,
i havent recieved mine yet, what size is your yokooji?

Hapa,

I only get the photos, I am considering to buy but not now.
It sure sound technically superior than a Wong cause of the Alexander trigger mechanism. I don't trust plastic trigger housing Wong uses no matter what they claim of it.

Hope you enjoy the gun and please keep me posted on its performance. I am thingking to get an RA soon for collection because I do not have a fast swinging gun yet which has decent power and I think it looks cute. My Riffe #4 Baja is coming in two weeks. I want to see if it can break my wrist when shot single handed with 4 x 5/8 bands and 3/8 shaft.

Safe huntin'
IYA

Originally posted by Iyadiver
My Riffe #4 Baja is coming in two weeks. I want to see if it can break my wrist when shot single handed with 4 x 5/8 bands and 3/8 shaft.
IYA

uh, I'd pretty much bet on it; of course that's in addition to having it bust your jaw when it rears up from not having your other hand on it's butt. :duh

sven

Sultan,

No worry, the #4 Baja won't hit my jaw cause its a rear handle. I don't like mid-handle cause of the jaw thing. I feel comfortable currently with 4 x 9/16 bands shooting a 5/16 or 3/8 shafts on #2 Mid Range, thats already 320 pounds of rubber pressure. This #4 Baja will shoot 440 pounds of rubber pressure but with I think with almost 40% more mass on the shaft .......as everyone says, it is not safe to shoot so much rubber on a light gun......will see about that. I'll start with 3 rubber first and if I think I can take it I'll proceed, if not............ look Mom two hands !!!!!!

IYA

Originally posted by icarus pacific

uh, I'd pretty much bet on it; of course that's in addition to having it bust your jaw when it rears up from not having your other hand on it's butt. :duh

sven
Svenman-you sure you're not getting the C4 confussed w/ your last girlfriend rofl . That one was waaaayyyy ttoooo easy. It's nice to start out w/ an easy one first thing in the morning.
Jay

Ahh Jay, may you be downcurrent of me when my system finishes with my jumbo French roast...:naughty

sven

Originally posted by Jay Styron

your last girlfriend rofl . That one was waaaayyyy ttoooo easy.

Come on, don't insult Sven's old girlfriend:naughty
Erik Y.

Well now a month after deciding on a new gun, it has arrived. but now im curious... The shooting line is about 17-18 feet giving it range of about 25 feet. But ive been yanking on the 2 bands and it doesnt seem as though those little puny, weak powerbands can power a 2 pound, 5/16, 60 inch shaft 25 feet. In fact im sure the effective range is much less. can i power it up? or am will i be surprised at the effectiveness of the bands it has. i was thinking mebe 2 5/8 hi power bands that are trimed an inch shorter.

have any suggestions?

practice with the stock bands and then go from there. there's a thread here about target practice with a piece of construction netting... You'll be in large company with the 5/8" bands, they're pretty much dakine power.

sven

Originally posted by icarus pacific
practice with the stock bands and then go from there. there's a thread here about target practice with a piece of construction netting... You'll be in large company with the 5/8" bands, they're pretty much dakine power.

sven

atta boy sven, keep working on the pidgin. :t

Who's goin pidgin? Dis haole brah jes talkin story like all de udders here and spellin mo bettah.
Aloha

sven

iya,

post a picture of the yakooji here, if you would be so kind. :D

thanks,
andrsn

Picture of Yakooji

1 of the 2 photo. Another one coming up...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yakooji Gun

Photo 2 of 2

Chief,

Photos all yours.................

Happa,

9/16 x 2 rubbers shooting a 5/16 shaft ( are u sure it is a 5/16 ?) won't get u 17 feet, I mean effective. It is so easy to compare. Use Riffe speargun shooting range with comparable length & band size + quantity. A hawaiian shaft will be slightly faster than a large spearhead.

If a 9/32 shaft, maybe 14 feet effective. In a month or so I will test and let u guys know multiple shafts size with multiple bands performance.

IYA

Last edited by a moderator:
yokooji shafts

hapa,

fyi..... roll the shaft to check if it is warped. when I bought mine, it was bent in two places. when I took it in to get it straightened, I was told that it is common on the yokooji for the shaft to be warped.

shorty

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT