• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Herbert Nitsch : a -328m no limit dive ??

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Personally AIDA shouldn’t walk away from No-limits. Is it really ok to walk away from responsibility, saying when/if the next on dies that it wasn’t anything to do with them anymore!!!

It should be there making sure that the athletes follow relevant safety protocols to limit the inherent risk.

And Wolle,
On an aside, F1 has helped develop many things now common on family cars such as ABS and possibly Hybrids
See:
HybridCars.com - F1 Research Could Boost Hybrids

Ok what does no-limits help with, not sure perhaps opening up scientists to the potential of human endeavour!

I agree with Sam S. The desire to do no limits, climb mountains, be the quickest driver/pilot, jump off the highest cliff etc. will always exist in humanity, regardless of whether or not there is a regulatory body associated with that activity. We should at least provide a framework to limit risk.

I often wonder if the discussions we have about things like no limits here on Deeper Blue and other forums are the same as discussions made back in the 60's and 70's when the depths were 100m and less. My guess is that they are. The science and the abilities change and therefore the depths, but it's an ongoing argument. Perhaps in 30 years we'll be on DeeperBlue saying how crazy it will be for Herbert Nitsch Jr. to be attempting a 700m dive, but consider a 200m dive to be a cakewalk.

Ok what does no-limits help with, not sure perhaps opening up scientists to the potential of human endeavour!

I know that smoking and drinking a lot is a personal choice, a lot of people die of it and there's no contribution for society.... I find it harder to explain wht people kill themselfs a litle every day without trying to achieve something then to explain why someone takes a calculated risk to achive knolege about or body and mind.

No ofense for people who smoke or drink....

OK, I am stuck in an easy lesson here, kids are watching a video. My point of view is that yes, it is always hard to explain why people do these things that carry risk, but we are people, that is what we do.

Boxing, for example, always carries a number of nay-sayers and detractors, but it will carry on as it has a market and thousands of people enjoy participating. The medical advancements that have taken place in this sport have helped many within and out of the sport.

No - Limits should carry on. It should be regulated by AIDA, and we should celebrate those that participate, after all the divers that have been tragically lost in this discipline would want the same thing.

Go Herbert!

Hello all,

Herbert Nitsch's website has a brand new look Extreme Freediving !!

And a brand new challenge (according to the website) !!!

Herbert wants to perform a no limit dive to 328m (1000ft) in summer 2008.
A training dive to 216m is planed in 2007.

.... is it serious or what?? .....

... I know nothing is impossible but ... -328m !!!

Oh what the hell, maybe. After all, Herbert is one hell of a terminator rofl rofl

Go Herbert go !!
i wish him best of luck ,he is my best freediver

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT