• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Holiday Guernsey 2009

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
OK i have booked the ferry and i'm waiting for the hotel to email me back.

OH YEAH BABY i'm on my way :friday:friday:friday:friday:friday:friday:friday:friday:friday:friday:friday:

OK i have booked the ferry and i'm waiting for the hotel to email me back.

OH YEAH BABY i'm on my way :friday:friday:friday:friday:friday:friday:friday:friday:friday:friday

Great new mate, are you booking the same hotel as Podge & s in s ?

OK cool - lets pray for fine weather, fine fish, fine food, fine whine, fine beer, fine music, fine lobster, fine fires & CHEAP TAXIS

Sounds magic chaps - have a great time! I'll visit the fair Isle of Guern one year but, alas, not this (sigh!). Here's hoping the sun does shine.

Reactions: Old Man Dave
Yep & it works both ways, I have been waiting for a easy route to Plymouth myself.

Andy, do you know what time the weigh in for the bass comp?

Must have been 8am and 8pm each day last year as I had my PB 8-12 less than 2 hours after the final weigh in and I had it about 21:40. not that I remember or anything

I put my Q's on the Guernsey thread, but now realise there is a long thread designated to Holiday trips!

It was the recent comment on the Cornwall thread that made me consider Guernsey as a holiday option.

2 main Qs were ;

1) What had Guernsey to offer compared to Cornwall?
2) Cost. Originally it was cost of living for the tourist. However looking at my favoured option of taking the Van (VW Transporter), I realise getting to Guernsey isn't cheap. 1st look quoted £400+ pounds! for Van+3 passengers going out on the 23rd July. Condor will only let you take a Van as freight.

Maybe some of the regular tourists can advise me re. costings and whats on offer. West Cornwall is a lot cheaper option, but what am I missing!? If I need to book early for cheaper fares it maybe something I can plan for 2010!

List of DB members who've visited Guernsey might help you. They might be too polite on line so you could always PM them; podge, stuckinsurrey, spaniard, glowworm, one shot one kill, james T, scottie 3030, birchy, milkman, janner. Apologise to anyone I missed or any secret visitors.

Dave

Reactions: Pav
The Cotils Christian centre looks like a good deal for those still looking for accommodation.
Accommodation at Les Cotils Christian Retreat and Conference Centre Guernsey includes 28 rooms.
I had a fisher friend stay here last year and though he said it was simple and comfy accomodation, they were not accomodating to any fishing gear and lock the doors quite early. I dropped him back one night about 10:30 and there were curtains twitching and someone in a dark room by reception watching!!?

As it's a Christian retreat you are expected to be very quiet at all times (no TV's in the rooms).

Might have changed since then but that's just an honest report that I had back from a friend so people will be aware of what is on offer. Not all peoples cup of tea.

Pav you gota go over, mate you’d love it.
Polite, Dave I’m about as PC as they come…!..roflroflrofl

Pav if you want to come over then I would suggest two ways ... in a car (not a van) or by plane.
If you fly we can sort out guns & weights.

cheers foxfish! Yes weight belts are an isssue when flying. Luggage excess :naughty !

Pav, no point in bringing weight-belt, by the time you have eaten and drunk what is on offer you may as well strap a WWII tank to yourself to sink beyond 2M.............roflrofl

Reactions: Pav
Accomodation all booked now in peninsula - hire car deal included. Left it too late for most B & Bs but in good location, close to firepit.....:t

Accomodation all booked now in peninsula - hire car deal included. Left it too late for most B & Bs but in good location, close to firepit.....:t

And close to some nice spearing spots, you could go for a quick dip to sober up before we throw you back into your hotel for what’s left of the night.
Not long now my boy before Cider heaven greets you back like a long lost brother.:friday:friday

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…