• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Holiday Guernsey 2009

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
The Spaniard clan arrive at Guernsey airport at 12:50 on the 24th. We get a hire car as part of hotel deal and I hope to Christ that the car people have sorted a car seat for Lola or my wife will kill me.

Don't worry Juan - we had some visitors on the same package and they've got plenty!

Glowworm, we've got some really interesting drains if you want to bring your gear!!:)

Sarnian i will have to explain to you over a couple of drinks why i am not a plumber.

I will also give a detailed account of why Podge's shop is like Bagpussroflroflrofl

Reactions: podge
Sarnian i will have to explain to you over a couple of drinks why i am not a plumber.

I will also give a detailed account of why Podge's shop is like Bagpussroflroflrofl
You're kidding right??!!... I need a new bath fitted!!

Reactions: podge

I don't know where we'll find time to have a couple of drinks, with all this diving and stuff! :)

Does he sell cats in bags then? rofl Or could it be because:
" ...Although Emily doesn't appear in the stories, except for the introduction, she is a major character. After all, it is Emily that runs the shop, finds things to be repaired, and wakes Bagpuss up so that he can identify and repair the latest thing with his friends. Bagpuss is a magical cat. When he wakes up, all his friends come to life. He can also make his thoughts visible in bubbles above his head. Despite this, he doesn't play a major part in most of the stories, instead being content to lie on his rug and listen to the songs the others sing as they identify and repair the thing. All in all, he's just an old, saggy cloth cat.
Baggy, and a bit loose at the seams. But Emily loved him. "

Reactions: glowworm
......I will also give a detailed account of why Podge's shop is like Bagpussroflroflrofl

Are there a load of singing mice who fix guns and an old woodpecker who regales customers with hunting stories? I reckon one of them mice answered the phone when I called Podge once....."we will fix it, we will mend it....."

Reactions: glowworm
...now you're getting silly Spaniard! rofl I can see we're going to have some fun discussions over a few zoiders!

Well somebody has got to keep the rug by the fire warm and properly slept on, as for all the “work” Mr Spaniard that’s the worst four letter word in the book:naughty!! After all who’s going to drink all the coffee and scoff all the biscuits if I don’t???:):):)
John’s just a bit jealous as he has to drive the horse and cart around all day picking up the “Rag and Bone”:):trofl

Here is a plan for day one - low tide at 420pm so we get in the water at about 320pm.
We will have to wait until the day to decide on the venue as the long range forecast don't look to good (thanks Ed).
After dive we go back to mine for tea to eat our catch! Ok I will prepare something just in case!!
Any Guerns want to come please let me know.

I'm working on day one but happy to catch up in the evening and say hello over a few Rocquettes/Patois/VBs whatever.

(p.s. should The Pikey be called Steptoe then? )

Re: Guernsey Holiday 2009

Hi Folks

Arriving late Saturday and will have hire car ( fiesta size, so no room for rads. etc!)
Also staying in sticks near the Airport but I think we have the transport system down pretty well now.

Been dreaming about crayfish for weeks now since Col's pic and Mart's recipe! I believe Mart did mention something earlier about eating meat? Hmmm....interesting concept!

Sorry to hear about the ear Dave, I have some drops that did the trick for me which I will bring over.

Oh, and hope we get some fish!

There has been some dodgy weather forecast for next week but the recent ones show low wind & warm sun.
There is a big swell running at the moment but calm on the east coast & it should be calm for the next few days with only ones & twos predicted :friday
Unfortunately Dave's ear is still bad :head

Looks like Birchy has brought some fantastic weather with him, 24c & flat calm.
We will be out there this afternoon - wish us luck!
Mart.

Hope you get a few in the good weather boys as we’ll be arriving tomorrow and bringing the usual holiday weather with us, 24 foot waves and horizontal rain!roflrofl
Dave hope the ear will be ok for a little dip or two, fingers crossed mate.:):)

Tomorrow Mon 24th "Victor Hugo’s by 10.00 ish". That's at the Longstore. Mart and me will be there. Birchy will be around somewhere. Anyone else is welcome to join us.

Not long now.

Dave.

If anyone is here earlier, there's a weigh in for the bass comp 8 til 8.30 just along to Boatworks. Unlikely to be like the one I just did though (6 doubles and 4 9's...) as it will be shore fish only tomorrow morning as the boats won't have got out yet.

The lobsters are cooked and awaiting the arrival of the visitors. Meanwhile Mart had taken Birchy on an expedition, where they visited the Humps in Marts new toy. These are a group of rocks 3 miles offshore, where the seals kept an eye on them, while the boys angled and speared.

Boats due in an hour with Podge, SIS and Glowworm. Spaniard clan arrive by air at midday.

Dave.

Attachments

• P1040787.jpg
    P1040787.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 151
  • P1040792.jpg
    P1040792.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 157
  • P1040797.jpg
    P1040797.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 145
  • P1040811.jpg
    P1040811.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 148
Reactions: Sarnian
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT