• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Indie/Minor Speargun Companies

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
My two guns.BLEUTEC.GR
OCEAN 140 6X16 RUBER 8''SLIP TIP
RAPTOR 120 3X16 RUBER 7''SHAFT

Attachments

• ocean___2_.JPG
    ocean___2_.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 251
  • ocean___7_.JPG
    ocean___7_.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 259
  • ocean+km (2).jpg
    ocean+km (2).jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 261
  • ocean___10_.JPG
    ocean___10_.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 255
Reactions: Mr. X
And the raptor

Attachments

• RAPTORI 120 (3).JPG
    RAPTORI 120 (3).JPG
    223.8 KB · Views: 244
  • RAPTORI 120 (4).JPG
    RAPTORI 120 (4).JPG
    231.5 KB · Views: 242
  • RAPTORI 120 (5).JPG
    RAPTORI 120 (5).JPG
    224.5 KB · Views: 225
  • RAPTORI 120 (6).JPG
    RAPTORI 120 (6).JPG
    230.8 KB · Views: 237
Komodo 76

[Fixed link. Note: posts also require some text as well as links.
Very interesting metal/bulk rubber wishbone design.
- Mr. X]

Last edited by a moderator:
Im new to the forums but I would like to mention a family friends custom spearguns here in hawaii made by Jeff Cabiles. We have a 54'' right now and my family and I are thinking about getting a deepwater gun as well.
In2Deep spearguns of Maui, Hawaii by Jeffrey Cabiles

Attachments

• in2deep-spearguns-04.jpg
    in2deep-spearguns-04.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 244
  • in2deep-spearguns-03.jpg
    in2deep-spearguns-03.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 235
  • in2deep-spearguns-06.jpg
    in2deep-spearguns-06.jpg
    362.5 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:
Welcome HawaiiKid. Love to hear about these custom makers around the world. Although the website on that link has surprisingly prominent advertising for business cards -- I almost closed the page thinking the link was nothing to do with spearguns. Looks like the business cards are more important to them than the spearguns.
My two guns.BLEUTEC.GR
OCEAN 140 6X16 RUBBER 8''SLIP TIP
RAPTOR 120 3X16 RUBBER 7''SHAFT
What/where do you spear with these long powerful guns - Mediterranean tuna?
6 rubbers! How long does it take to load that?:D Range?

Last edited:
Hi Marco, what is that big fish in your avatar picture?

It is a 54 # Cubera snapper.

Here a better picture.

Attachments

• Pargo bote3lq.jpg
    Pargo bote3lq.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 217
They taste good, but as always, small animals taste better than older ones. Anyway, if you can choose, which one will you shot?

BTW I posted a link to this thread on our main Japan Spearfishing thread.
...The "Nakaoka HB2 model" speargun was made from teak and had a rear wooden pistol grip handle configuration.... The slim, round section rubber drive bands were terminated by flat metal (think of a paper clip shape) loops that hooked onto these projecting fins. ...
Those bands sound awfully like those featured on the Komodo 76 that JKS posted on this thread, above, recently:
...it might be an interesting, novel alternative when switching to bulk rubber bands if you don't want to smooth out the spear grooves to take Dyneema (but dyneema is probably safer for your fingers:martial:).

Back on topic. Didn't we mention Blue Green yet?
It's another established Greek manufacturer that seems to be darn good at working CF....:)

Attachments

• bluegreen4.jpg
    bluegreen4.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 232
  • blugreen5.jpg
    blugreen5.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 234
  • bluegreen1.jpg
    bluegreen1.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 225
  • bluegreen2.jpg
    bluegreen2.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 231
  • bluegreen3.jpg
    bluegreen3.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 222
Cool. (Why the English name though?) I wonder how long those fixing cords at the end of the rubbers last:hmm Probably kevlar/spectra/... or similar.

Last edited:
Anyone know how to get one of these
IMG_4456_cropsmall.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that's one of Gilbert Gacula's masterpieces. He doesn't make guns anymore.

This alloy barrel tube gun looks like a "Sea Hornet" until you look at the grip on the handle and the lower muzzle shape where there are significant differences. Close inspection shows that seemingly identical parts such as the trigger mechanism and cassette are in fact also made by another as yet unknown company. I am hoping that someone here may have seen one exactly like it. I had thought that it was from the USA, that is where it was found, but it may be from the UK or even Canada or New Zealand. It certainly does not come from Australia. Clearly someone used a "Sea Hornet" to pattern their own production gun off and made a number of detail changes including the type and the positions of the fixing screws. AB Biller sold improved (spears, tips, bands) "Sea Hornet" guns in the USA until they manufactured their own version in the late nineties with a distinctive knuckle guard on the handgrip, this gun is not one of them either. I put a similar thread on Spearboard (USA), but it is possible the gun comes from outside the USA. It has three wishbone notches on the shaft and is designed to flood completely which makes me think that the gun is for spearfishing on scuba. The gun has been used, but not extensively and everything on it is original fitment. It had been in storage for decades judging by its very dusty condition when it arrived here and the fading of the colour in the shooting line, particularly around the knot positions.

Last edited:
Attached is the barrel sticker on the gun shown as a composite image. The vinyl sticker wraps around half of the barrel tube's circumference, so I had to splice it together from two photos.

Last edited:
Nice find Peter, now that is a gun I have never seen before. I have a mech made from chrome plated brass that looks like that buried the the garage, but I believe it is very early Sea Hornet. That cost some one a bit to tool that handle and the changes.

Cheers, Don

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT