• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Infinitengines "Dreamair" pneumatic speargun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
In the sea or ocean with these ropes there will be many problems.
But the idea of "Dreamair" I like.
Shoots "Dreamair" good!
Good luck to the guys!

In the sea or ocean with these ropes there will be many problems.
But the idea of "Dreamair" I like.
Shoots "Dreamair" good!
Good luck to the guys!
Yes, the "Dreamloader" would have quite a lot of loose cord hanging around in the water due to the increased draw lengths of the handles using this pulley system. The intention was that the user could wind up any excess cord lengths around each of the plastic handles before moving on to the next pull on the loading handles during the step-wise gun cocking process. However I have been told there will be another version of the "Dreamloader" where excess cord will be automatically gathered up by the handles. I do not have any details except that a potential name for this new version is the "Dreamloader Automatic".

I have been told that the manufacturing processes will be completed by September for an all new construction "Dreamair" using advanced materials. So the alloy bodied "Dreamair" guns that we have seen so far are prototypes and not necessarily what will be offered for sale. Parts manufacture will probably be sub-contracted out to various companies who specialize in different areas. I have no other details, however you can probably guess what may be coming if you think about how spearguns have evolved in the last decade or so, including a few pneumatic spearguns. There will be different versions, including a premium model and a more basic model, but all will use the same operating system, only they will be manufactured from different materials.

It's good to have a new gun.
I really wanted to not repeat the mistakes that O.ME.R. made. - AIRBALETE.
When I purchased AIRBALETE, I had to do a lot of work so that it would work well.
This work can be seen here: http://www.garpun.de/forum/index.php?topic=100.315
starting from the Post March 18, 2016, 20:37:01 pm
New pneumatic from O.ME.R. - AIRBALETE
This report is in Russian, but I added a lot of photos.

If the authors of Dreamair give it to experienced hunters, many mistakes can be avoided

Reactions: Diving Gecko
I know that some divers have evaluated the guns in the ocean, so I think any delay has been due to working out how to make the gun as efficiently as possible. For example the machined winding drums could be molded if you had a strong enough material to do the job, that would eliminate the cost of machining each one. They need a strong anchor point for the cables and track grooves that will not strip their flanges, but if these requirements were met then they could be churned out, say in a reinforced composite material. Tooling up would be expensive, but once done these parts could be mass produced very quickly.

This is all really exciting news. I have never considered anything else than a rubber band gun. But this creation could change my mind. I guess I am one of those people who are always welcoming exotic finely crafted things.

How loud you think this gun will be compared to band and pneumatic guns?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In fact, there is a new underwater weapon very rarely.
I think a lot of lovers of spearfishing will have a desire to try it on the hunt.
I also thought about such a project.
With the same scheme: open harpoon and pneumatic drive can be different ways of charging it. But I'm very confused by the idea of charging "Dreamair"
This is charging a land crossbow.

that in the water can be uncomfortable.

Reactions: popgun pete
The "Dreamair" is cocked or charged like any cable gun where the wishbone is located right at the muzzle and is not hanging rearwards like it does on a standard band gun. Various band powered cable guns use a loading hook as the diver cannot reach the wishbone unless the gun length is very short. The loading devices shown on the previous page are basically loading hooks (there are two) as they locate on each side of the wishbone which is a separate piece of thicker cord connected to the outer cable on each side of the gun. By pulling on the loading handles you are effectively pulling on either side of this wishbone cord remotely, the loading device cords bridging the gap between the wishbone and your hands. The simple loading device described on page 10 is actually shown in action on the video and you can see the diver do an initial pull to set the loading cord loop on the shaft, then he wiggles the loading handles forwards on the cords and rotates them to catch the second set of cord knots directly behind the wishbone. Another pull on the loading handles and the gun is cocked. If you turn the volume up on the video you can hear the loading handles rubbing and hitting on the barrel tube as these manipulations are carried out, especially when prior to the second pull the loading handles are slid forwards under tension as the loading cords are then tight against the barrel as a result of the wishbone already being pulled back and applying a load on the loading cords. It is essential that the loading handles are pulled back evenly from side to side, although that may not be critical.
18238076_1921494051430184_596376823808918547_o.jpg

In fact, there is a new underwater weapon very rarely.
I think a lot of lovers of spearfishing will have a desire to try it on the hunt.
I also thought about such a project.
With the same scheme: open harpoon and pneumatic drive can be different ways of charging it. But I'm very confused by the idea of charging "Dreamair"
This is charging a land crossbow.

that in the water can be uncomfortable.

The "Dreamloader" works in the same way as the device shown in this crossbow video. Note that the loading handle draw is longer than the draw of the crossbow as the loading device cord "doubles up", being anchored on the rear stock of the crossbow and running forwards to the front end of the crossbow before running rearwards again. The "Dreamloader" anchors on the shaft as it is locked in the gun by the trigger mechanism, unlike a crossbow which grasps the bowstring rather than the projectile or bolt.

It is interesting to hear their opinion.
Such publications are possible?
I think the divers are sworn to secrecy, as otherwise they would not have been given a gun. A good reason to keep one's mouth shut is that by doing so they may get to keep their gun!

This is all really exciting news. I have never considered anything else than a rubber band gun. But this creation could change my mind. I guess I am one of those people who are always welcoming exotic finely crafted things.

How loud you think this gun will be compared to band and pneumatic guns?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can hear the guns shooting on the video, it actually sounds like a pneumatic as you can hear a sort of clunk, but it is not as loud as some of my pneumatic guns are.

Reactions: Kodama
I know that some divers have evaluated the guns in the ocean, so I think any delay has been due to working out how to make the gun as efficiently as possible. For example the machined winding drums could be molded if you had a strong enough material to do the job, that would eliminate the cost of machining each one. They need a strong anchor point for the cables and track grooves that will not strip their flanges, but if these requirements were met then they could be churned out, say in a reinforced composite material. Tooling up would be expensive, but once done these parts could be mass produced very quickly.
I finally got my old ID back after sending the "password recovery" system a different email address, having the same address as popgun pete R was evidently too much for it!! Anyway I can comment on myself now and say that the winding drums, axles, etc. will still be in aluminium in the new "Dreamair" gun, but everything else will be in carbon fibre. I suppose titanium could also be included at some stage, but although lighter than stainless steel it is expensive stuff and heavier than aluminium.

Last edited:
I think the divers are sworn to secrecy, as otherwise they would not have been given a gun. A good reason to keep one's mouth shut is that by doing so they may get to keep their gun!

Yes, that's a good reason to keep your mouth shut. :)

I finally got my old ID back after sending the "password recovery" system a different email address, having the same address as popgun pete R was evidently too much for it!! Anyway I can comment on myself now and say that the winding drums, axles, etc. will still be in aluminium in the new "Dreamair" gun, but everything else will be in carbon fibre. I suppose titanium could also be included at some stage, but although lighter than stainless steel it is expensive stuff and heavier than aluminium.

Aluminum does not live well in seawater, even if it has a good coating.
There are many good plastics. I often use POM (Polyoxymethylene)

"Dreamair" can be considered as a kind of roller.
We have a popularity in Crimea

On the bottom photo the author likes when a lot of rubber :)

Attachments

• Роллер самодельный.jpg
    Роллер самодельный.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 227
  • Инверторный роллер1.jpg
    Инверторный роллер1.jpg
    366.1 KB · Views: 224
Not wishing to contradict you, but the "Dreamair" is not a roller as the winding drums gather up cord like a winching system. In fact the only roller in the gun would be the pulley on the front end of the twin axle version's piston, if such a gun is ever built. The only additional advantage is that twin axle gun could be considered a dual power gun. To obtain full power the gun would be cocked with both wishbones, in order to obtain "half power" only one wishbone would be cocked. It would not matter which wishbone was used as both move the piston half way up the gun. What the "Dreamair" is similar to with respect to the guns that you have shown above is that they are all cable guns. That is they use long "wishbone" cables on the top deck and the energy storage battery is not visible on the top deck and may be "buried" in the gun body.

twin axle Dreamair muzzle.jpg

Last edited:
I totally agree!
Why did I show these roller gun?
Because they have an uncomfortable rubber motor.
But very many hunters love him.
A pneumatic motor is considered very complex and unreliable.
But everyone forgets that they have a car on pneumatic wheels!

Very early on in this thread I pointed out that, regardless of the number of winding drum axles, the "Dreamair" gun would always have the same power as the same volumes are swept when the gun is fully cocked with the piston at maximum forward travel inside the gun. However it appears that I misinterpreted what those grey shaded graphs were showing as the intention is to run higher start pressures in the multi-axle guns. Hence the twin axle gun would have double the start pressure of 11 atm (abs) used in the single axle gun, i.e. 22 atm (abs). The four axle gun would have a start pressure of 44 atm (abs). Now with a compression ratio of about 2.0 for the "Dreamair" the final fully charged pressures are looking eye-watering to say the least!!

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT