• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Ireland Spearing 2012

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
There was a fairly big swell in West Cork yesterday and the West coast was the same. I was out surfing and the visability was a big fat 0...

post_old.gif
12 Hours Ago
AegeanSeaHunter
AegeanSeaHunter: I did end up buying the Cressi ger. elite at 85cm, so just hoping it cleans up abit so I can take a paddle out when I get it..

U sure? It's gonna be a gentle roll with that light westerly. All systems go I say!!

Pretty sure ya :)

Like chealy says, the swell and rain over the last few days will give feckall viz.... but given the next 3 or four days to settle it will be divable mid week!

Mind you, if you knew the right location you might be able to find a patch that always has good viz due to the configuration of the underwater landscape :wave

Smells like a lake dive in few hours :)

I completly forgot to say to you about my "low cost underwater camera". By the description it´s a: "ES-32A extreme mini waterproof sports HD camera" and I got it in http://www.esino.hk/our-item/esino-online-shop.html Just check in camcorders folder... I really can´t say nothing bad, except that only accepts micro SD card (I got a class 10 in order to have better quality, tested with a class 6 but can´t get all the potential). I use it already in Sardinia for few days, and 2 weeks ago in a lake dive in the Midlands... It cost around 60€ (...yes 60€...) The quality is good for the price, the main objective is to take land marks and quick references, it is waterproof untill -30m and for that it´s a great choice.

Tomorrow goes with me once again, I´ll try to post something to give an idea.

Last edited:
Smells like a lake dive in few hours :)

I completly forgot to say to you about my "low cost underwater camera". By the description it´s a:
"ES-32A extreme mini waterproof sports HD camera" and I got it in Esino Co. - Reliable Chinese manufacturers - Find the global wholesale's solution enterprise Just check in camcorders folder... I really can´t say nothing bad, except that only accepts micro SD card (I got a class 10 in order to have better quality, tested with a class 6 but can´t get all the potential). I use it already in Sardinia for few days, and 2 weeks ago in a lake dive in the Midlands... It cost around 60€ (...yes 60€...) The quality is good for the price, the main objective is to take land marks and quick references, it is waterproof untill -30m and for that it´s a great choice.

Tomorrow goes with me once again, I´ll try to post something to give an idea.
Thank you very much for the info,keep up the good work...Hope you going to get enough rest for tomorow!

Just out of the water. Should have gone spearfishing. Vis west of cork harbour is great. Flat calm but pity bout the drizzle.

Saw them in a very unlikely place!! Was shocked. Not many though.
Did anyone get out today? The brother was out off roches with 20 common dolphins and a fin whale and gannets diving all over. Said it was unreal calm and clear out there.

I didn't get out, waiting on new fins to arrive but I took a drive down to have a look. Have to agree...It was dead calm and the viz looked really good.

went out today with the brother...up on the rd by 8, finally got to go on our scouting trip... found about 8 or 9 spots that look like they could be good... went from black head to kilkee... even ended up in a farmers yard... plenty to keep us busy with for the next few months... on way home we stopped off at black head, water was dead calm but when we got in and had a look around the viz was crap...didnt even last an hr... great to be back in the water again though....

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT