• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Keys Kraze 04'

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
anchors removed no charge

Those of you out there wishing you could be one of the Keyz Kraze Kontenders but are against the legal harvesting of fish for dinner, sweat it no longer. We're also starting the Beautify the Bottom catagory. Here's DQBN and the Sultan happily showing that we do our parts.

(the guy even finds hooks with chrome chain and shackles!!:king )

Last edited:
and still...

DQBN still kept on divin'!!

Here he's got a deathgrip on my hybrid on the final day of diving just before, and get this- yours truly looks down to see the midwater loaded with yellow jacks and triggers. The guy has my gun and I have his camera. :head

Yeah, he got a beaut and all I got was the hell outta there as the fishboat whose chumslick we snuck under was getting a serious verbal grip on. :blackeye The ethics of this site don't permit me to go into the diatribe uttered and it's probably just as well my ears were getting jammed...:t

Last edited:
A couple more pics

Attachments

• yellowtails.jpg
    yellowtails.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 296
hey thanks.

here I finally get my gun back and imagine that- no fish around :hmm

Anyone looking for a no BS titanium hybrid gun with huge karma and a smooooth finish, send me a mail. It'll go up on ebay next week as I have some ideas for another gun :cool:

Last edited:
Here's the jury on the bow deciding on who would be the King 'O the Kup for 2004.

By the way, Mike is the buff responsible for all the bends in that railing rofl while Stylin' and I feign disinterest. This is also one of the few times that Mike wasn't flappin his yap about him being the King after having looked into the cooler to see his catch covered by the eventual winner, which by the way will be announced tomorrow!! :t

Last edited:
KK Kup Chump....err Champ!

My intelligence sources have scored through their facts and mazed through the hype to inform me that the chump...err champ will be a Rabitech shooting migrant, who enjoys Turkish bath houses;) and carving into molars....oh yeah, his last name means "More" in English....wonder who he is?

...and going and going and going......:confused:

lotta K's...

not much gets past you Rollo... :duh

Okay, so the time has kome to krown this year's Keyz Kraze King 'O the Kup! The koveted silver chalice represents all that good and blue and deep in the kontestants participating.

Last year's winner, Stylin' Jay Styron did it on sheer style, natch' with end of the day deliveries of serious poundage and was always there to lend a hand. This year's winner did that and more.
Jay gave us all a chance this year by being able to only make a couple of the days and that left it wide open.

Mike "Protein Boy" Montero was out early and often in his kuest for the Kup and looked to all to actually be able to back up his smack despite a too small belt, a sissy gun and a metabolism kapable of hooking up a small trailer park. Sadly, the kall of the fish ran dry on the local, but for a long while, he was daguy.

El Rollo and Andy Montero both gave chase and with the fish already ordered for next years doin's, I look for several helpings being attributed to these klowns. I'm thinking we should have a Kuban division. :hmm

Andy and Mike, once their gals let them dive with us had the potential to pull one off, but schedules, swelled tissues and the lack of the fish showing relegated them to Key Lime pie scavenging. I was just happy to be able to see the end of my gun and fins! :D and to discover that anxious thoughts transmit through the water as well as sound as Mike and DQBN hovered above me whilst I fingered out if some of the local grouper population was legal while they finned casually away. They're still laughing at getting over. But that's another story. ;)

Knot that it's too hard to see then that this years Keyz Kraze King'O the Kup is Aquiles Mas!! Yep, DQBean had it all going on at this years doin's. He flopped the fish when all the rest were looking at a bare bottom (the ocean bottom:ycard ), arranged for the kasa we krashed in, had the boat ready to go and generally put everyone ahead of himself, as long as it had zero to do with the fish. Smooth.

Here's the newest DB celeb ripping the Kup from last year's winner.

I gotta get a knew "K" key...

Last edited:
Dr. Mas

From the infamous line from Leonard-Duran II: "No Mas, No Mas!"

Dr. Mas is the well-deserved chump. However, I have seen what it takes to "bring it" home. Next year, I'll import some vivacious Turkish jugs with plenty of unpastuerized, unhomogenized, and estrogen-filled-to-capacity MILK...you know, "It does the body good".;) I will also have my "spear" polished by an Istanbulian princess and my gear carried by a Germanic Amazonian Godess. This should do the triKK:D

Just having a little fun...CONGRATS and there's always next year!

Adios

Last edited:
Someone call the cops b/c I've been robbed.

What the $T$#? I demand a recount!!! Just what we need another flawed vote in Florida!

Just kidding, I knew I was not going to get the Kup. It would be unfair for the professor to get the Kup. This Kraze was about my students. Which, by the way, I owe you guys an apology. I realize now that my lessons were being given way too quick and with way too much information for your skill levels. In fact, it was practically impossible for some of the slower students (no offense Sven & Mike) to follow along.

It is my hope that after the skills demonstration I gave last week we can now focus our discussions on this site on my skills and not my incredible good looks (obviously impossible for Rolando).

Reactions: DeepThought
1-800-Midol

Originally posted by MIADIVER
[B}I knew I was not going to get the Kup. It would be unfair for this pendejo to get the Kup.[/B]

Man you said it!
Last person wanked this much, divorced me!:t

Congrats to De Kuban....KK'04

Big Congrats to DQBN, the newest King O' de Kup! :king
Curious minds want to know:
was it the neon-yellow shorts :cool:
or the chrome chains ;) luring the fish?......or did you resort to some ear-flapping? rofl

all hail the king! A scholar and a gentleman, with looks to boot. I guess you could say he's a triple threat!

Wish I could have hunted more with the gang but this was my last outing with the wife before we are a full fledged family unit(and I can get more earned income credit from the IRS;) ) so Im glad I spent quality time with her and that she finally got to meet all these people I talk about all the time.

We did make a half day dive before departing the Keys and you will all be proud that I FINALLY got me a damn mutton! 20"....but a damn mutton none the less:cool: . I also shot a 30" black grouper that was absolutely gorgeous. Ill try to get some pics up soon.

Next year will be different as I already have a hall pass and the wife wont be coming. The BIG gun will make a return trip to Florida so the wahoo will make it to the coolers and not just our dreams.

As for Mr Montero...I can only aspire to immitate the greatness that is Mike for the next 20 yrs of my diving career. It was like being in church while the pope himself gives mass...or maybe like a 5 year old crack baby hopped up on speed...there were times I thought he was going to swim BACK to Cuba! I can still hear, "so THATS what a wahoo looks like!" and, "I hit it, and it was like BAM, gone.":D

Take care one and all
Mike Freman

Last edited:
Reactions: OceanSwimmer
Well guys, thanks for all the cool posts. What a cool bunch of guys. I had a great time. I can tell you that it was a real challenge this year. Perry Mason (montero) came with his best game and was hard to beat. Sven, well he is so smooth that I almost gave him the trophy just for showing up. Jay (styin jay) I almost felt bad that he did not win the cup again. As for the others well, next year the cup is up for grabs again. The plans are already in the works for KK05

Thanks to all of you for the support. Without you guys this would not be possible

Cheers

Aquiles

Re: Ol' Yeller

Originally posted by Rolando
Here's a picture of nice yellow jack I shot with the DB gang on Tuesday...

Ahem! Can you say gut shot:t

Aquiles

Sven had problems with his dvd....but I think Sven just has problems in general. If anyone else has one that wont play let me know so I can burn another for you.

POW!

Originally posted by rigdvr
....but I think Sven just has problems in general.

Me??! Problems??! :confused:
signed,
kids are grown and on scholarships, 205 lbs., and single. :t

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT