• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Lake Geneva October 6th

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Will you be able to make it on Oct. 6th?

• Yes and with Friends - "Say HELLO to my Little Friend"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The lake is on the way to your house for me, I know where you are. I'm gonna bring stuff to stay over. But I'll wait to talk to you guys to see what's up for Sunday to see if I'll actually stay over. We can decide that over brats or something!

The address My nav system gives me is:

E. Geneva St.
Williams Bay, WI

I figure there could be 7 people - Which we could all fit in the boat- I would think. It's a 17.5' Boat. But we'll see. I could always tow you Yak'rs to where ever we are going.

Well, no OMER wetsuit for me. I sat and looked at it and looked at it. I thought it looked a touch on the small side. So I tried it on. The farmer john was a little short, but the boots would cover part of that, so on with the jacket. After some careful manuvering I was able to get the jacket on by turning it inside out and rolling it up over itself, then I got help with the body. But the sleeves were too short. Getting it off I had some help and the suit got a couple of nicks. I was not happy about that! I know, I know it's delicate, I discussed this before taking it off...but stuff happens.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do for a freediving suit now. OMER has one more size up but not in their Mimetic line and the next size appears to be in girth, not length. Well see what Technosport says on Monday when I call them. But I have a great deal on a size 6 Ocean Mimetic 5mm for someone.

So I have plenty of other new toys to try out tomorrow thought.

Whopperhead, don't forget camera and housing
ILDiver don't forget tank and bag

I didn't buy fishing license yet, I am going to one hunting store now, if I won't make it then I'll just watch the bloodspill and maybe shoot something on the camera (if You'll let me touch it)

ILDiver - Yeah someone your size should definately get a custom suit. Here's a good place to start Home - I guess it's the scuba suit and the giant red Beacon you call a hood ;)

- the Camera is ready to go!

nah, I'll pack tonight so I'm not in a rush and grab my black hood this time. Stop with the Elios! I know who they are! I'm an OMER supporter! :) If the the other suit won't work, then I'll be forced to go custom, I know this. And I'm not that big! Maybe for the freediving world I am. But for MMA, dang bro I got guys way bigger than me beatin the tar outta me!

I grabbed 2 63cu ft tanks and 2 lift bags.

I just had to click on the Elios link Whopperhead put up...It got me dancing in my seat...Then came the chick with the black suit on & her butt sticking at me...It was TOO much!!!! I HAD A GOOD LAUGH THOUGH!

Since we are all telling everyone what NOT to forget....I think EVERYONE should bring thier dive flags to toss in the water. I have a feeling there will be lotsa boats tomorrow. I don't want there to be any question that there are diver's in the water. The cops will probably be watching us...Hoping someone gets TOO close to a dive flag...I hope they are...& I hope they give a hefty ticket to anyone in a boat or on a jet-ski that comes too close.

Last time I was there with my son they watched us like hawks...I presume they were set up to bust any violators too close to my dive flag. Or perhaps they were waiting for us to surface too far away from it?:confused:

WHOPPERHEAD...I can't wait to try my speargun...I will be needing a quick lesson though! It'll probably collect SOME dust once I get my GAT-KU polespear...But who knows...I may like it!!!! I have a float I'll attach it to that I'll bring. Would it be possible to put SOME foam in the stock end of the gun? I'll pay you for the floatline too by the way.

I'm sure I'll use it (JBL 38 Special NW) alot on carp though. The big'uns (carp) never seem to stick around very long unless I catch them sleeping!:t

I do hope we can get into some carp tomorrow...But even if we don't - I'm sure we'll ALL have a great time!!! The water has been very clear all year long. It's the BIG crappies I'm hoping we find! IF we find some they are USUALLY not super skittish.:p

bgill are you dismanteling Whopperheads underwater arsenal? Whopperhead, you have a floatline I can use still? I do have a float! They said it comes with a float line. They meant a nylon braided line. It will work though. The float can carry spare guns!

Reactions: nostres
That guy practically has a COMPLETE dive shop in his trunk!!!!....But Shhhhhhush....:chatupHis wife does'nt know about it!!!! rofl

Goodnight...See ya in the A.M.

Today was a good day! 7 DB members showed up: JON, Nostres, ILDiver, KHEL, Bgill, Tass & Whopperhead. Lost of fish were speared, Lots of BRATS eaten and lots of Laughs. The Water Vis wasn't the greatest maybe 8-10' in spots , less in others. Saw alot of fish we are not allowed to shoot. We finally found Perch and Rock Bass. I even managed to shoot a DOG FISH. It was a long day in the water, but a fun one at that.:friday Here's a few Pics with more to come. and a Video or 2.

Attachments

• IMG_0052 (2).jpg
    IMG_0052 (2).jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0050 (2).JPG
    IMG_0050 (2).JPG
    183.8 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0049 (2).JPG
    IMG_0049 (2).JPG
    190.4 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0037 (2).JPG
    IMG_0037 (2).JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0033 (2).JPG
    IMG_0033 (2).JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
more pics from Geneva Lake Spear-O-Rama :t

Attachments

• IMG_0048 (2).jpg
    IMG_0048 (2).jpg
    44 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_0030 (2).JPG
    IMG_0030 (2).JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_0025 (2).JPG
    IMG_0025 (2).JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0020 (2).JPG
    IMG_0020 (2).JPG
    241.1 KB · Views: 187
Wow,

Looks like you guys had a great time...wish I could have been there, but was General Conference for my church (2 times/year), & spent the day with the family.

We should do a similar event at Green Lake. I bet the vis would be just about the same, but a lot more carp. How about a November outing?

What weekend would work the best? I'll start a thread soon.

Be certain that everyone goes to the Freeze-A-Palooza 2008 thread and fills out the poll...would be great to have a bunch of us there this year.

Gene

It was a good day of diving! And Brats along the way, awesome! Tass thanks for the brats bro!

I only sniped 4 fish myself, but that's ok. It was a good day of diving and we had a good group of 7 divers. Man, the bass in that lake are great. I almost picked on large mouth off. I scared him up and thought it was a carp. I never did see an actual carp. I didn't even see anything real big that was shootable. It had been awhile since I'd been fishing, I couldn't identify a fish to save my life. I saw a small mouth swimming next to a large mouth, it was spotted and the same size. It was big, I had to ask Tass if it was legal, I assumed no, but I wanted it :). I knew it wasn't a large, but I didn't think it was a small mouth. I need a fish ID card! :rofl

The Cayman HF is a nice firing gun. I was happy with my shooting overall. I took 6 real shots and got 4 wish. I took a couple other shots the they were at rock bass swimming out of visual range and I just wanted to fire the gun. I'm not sure what the water temp was, my computer was under my suit and stayed pretty warm.

It was a good day of diving! And Brats along the way, awesome! Tass thanks for the brats bro!

I only sniped 4 fish myself, but that's ok. It was a good day of diving and we had a good group of 7 divers. Man, the bass in that lake are great. I almost picked on large mouth off. I scared him up and thought it was a carp. I never did see an actual carp. I didn't even see anything real big that was shootable. It had been awhile since I'd been fishing, I couldn't identify a fish to save my life. I saw a small mouth swimming next to a large mouth, it was spotted and the same size. It was big, I had to ask Tass if it was legal, I assumed no, but I wanted it :). I knew it wasn't a large, but I didn't think it was a small mouth. I need a fish ID card! :rofl

The Cayman HF is a nice firing gun. I was happy with my shooting overall. I took 6 real shots and got 4 wish. I took a couple other shots the they were at rock bass swimming out of visual range and I just wanted to fire the gun. I'm not sure what the water temp was, my computer was under my suit and stayed pretty warm.

Chris if You doubt Your fish knowledge try this. I was swimming searching for fish with Scott, when I found the fish I wanted I looked at Scott and waited for him to give me OK sign. For me there was only two kinds of fish, "GO GO" and "NO NO"

It was great to be there, thank You all for a good day

Last edited:
Reactions: ILDiver
Nostres, I bugged Damien (sp?) and Scott on more than one occasion! :)

Scott, I re-rigged my Cayman HF. I went to the open muzzle and I went from mono to Dyneema. I also changed out the wishbone to Dyneema. I filed the notch so it won't cut up the wishbone. I've taken the shaft out and remounted a couple of times, I think I like the open muzzle.

I went with Dyneema shooting line so I could tie the ends and not have the crimps scratching the barrel.

I'm ready for another trip up there. Scott are you able to go out next weekend or the following? Nov 3rd will prolly work too.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 183
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 183
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 193
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 181
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 195
I have next Sat. off- We could go somewhere- You can make the call- either somewhere around where we were or Lake Mich or We can even do some of the small lakes up here- (longer drive for you).Nov 3rd we might do Green Lake up here by us. Good vis and LOTS of Carp. it's Probably Another 2 hours north once you get in Wisconsin by Beloit.

I saw the note about Green Lake. I figure it's about a 4 to 4.5hr drive. I haven't calculated it to be sure.

If you can go next weekend that would be great. Jon has me intruged about Pearl Lake and spearing off the angery guys property there! :) I don't care where we go really. Lake Michigan might be a bit too cold unless I get a suit in this week. If they ship on Monday I could have it. I'll look at a map, give me some ideas. What's the best carp lake south of Portage?

:naughtyYOU GUYS SHOULDA STAYED FOR TODAY!!!!! Was at Golden Lake today...Lots of MONSTER carp to shoot! I had several pull off of my spear that were EVEN BIGGER!!!...I did manage to get these two hogs though!!!!

29 and 32 pounds respectively!!! All I can say is FUN FUN FUN!!!!:t

Whopperhead...Thanks buddy...The speargun you sold me whacked a bunch of fish today! Sorry about the picture quality...Its from my razor phone.

Last edited:
Holy cow Dan! You were affraid that you couldn't figure out how to use the gun? What did it take you- about 5 minutes to master it? ;)

Those are some beauties. I bet Sven would love it if you mailed them to him.rofl

As far as Pearl lake goes, it's the one 3 miles north of Red Granite Quarry. Here's a picture of the lake, and then here's another of the point that idot lives on that gave me so much grief one day. I would love to set a half dozen spearos off his shore and just hang there for a couple of hours while he calls the cops.roflroflrofl

Jon

Last edited:
Reactions: ILDiver
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT