• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

My New Spearing Boat

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Miles, my appologies, I guess I was fooled by your picture.
4 people having 38 fish are different from 1 person having that.
You mentioned no partners or numbers of them (I think) so I jumped into the wrong assumption. Just seemd to me that if such a thing is on legal limit (38 per person) it should'nt be there. Even if sustainable, it just portrais a picture of shooting for numbers and records and not considering if there's a real need for all those fish.
Shooting for numbers ("kill as many as you can") is what I meant as "sport". Ofcourse we both have different point of views on the defenitions of sports, but we both enjoy the same thing in spearfishing just put it under different defenitions, putting food in my stomach is not the only reason. I'll just refer to it is hunting then. Though "the taxman wanting his share" is defenitly not on my attractions list. But it never happen to me, so how would I know? :)

I don't think I was overly aggressive/demanding in my posts, I just wanted to raise the questions since the picture seemed wrong at first.

Unlike what lucky Pablo was thinking, It didn't seem wrong as in shooting fish in a berrel using scuba since 10kg fish are so common here. rofl
I promise you we see more 10cm fish than 10kg fish. 10kg will leave any Israeli spearo diving in the Med quite content.:)

Regarding your neighbour Miles, it could be that she was just hinting she wanted to learn spearfishing.
Which could be good, since that might convince your g/f to take her place as the student.

I consider a freediving g/f as an asset while some might consider it as killing the benefit out of freediving.
You have a lot of options how to play this. :)

Hiya

Deepthought, no problem mate!!! As long as we all have fun whilst diving is all that matters!!!

Starting to wonder whether my new motto should be:
Love thy neighbour, but don't get caught!!!!!! rofl

Regards
miles:D :D

Reactions: DeepThought
I also had a good weekend!

Nice fish! Miles your pictures are better than mine but I see we both had a good weekend of spearfishing. Nice going on the YF We took these when it got dark since we all forgot cameras, it usually works out better:)
A few Gag grouper over 30lbs, a big red snapper and 40lb yellowfin diving off NC.

Sunday was also fun

Sunday we went diving off Virginia Beach on my friend Dave Eggleton's boat inshore for tautogs. there's no other way to put it, Dave is a bad ass. With one leg and one arm he hangs with the best of them...
Mark

Glad to hear that you guys had a good weekend, mine was not that good:waterwork got wet after 6 month and did not even pull the trigger.

7-8 kg grouper fool me in the cave at the 18 meters depth, it just enter the cave and dissaper in the cave, couldn't find it in the cave despite all of my effort. Also lost the first shoot opportunity to dentex at shallow water because my fins lift up and damn fish scared suddenly while straightly coming to me:waterwork :waterwork .

As i always said, next time for me:(

Yes Murat.....that happens sometimes...but after all, our passion for spearfishing remains, the next time will be better!

Mark, very nice fishes! Congrats.

Cheers

Roberto

Sunday 3rd attempt

I had to resize the image a few times. Sorry for the badwidth guys, my friend Dave Eggleton is the guy on the left:)

Wow! Nice fish, Mark. Was that out of Wrightsville Beach? It sort of looks like Casper's dock, though.
Mark

Glad you are getting out, Mark. Nice catch. So Dave got the biggest fish, huh? ;o) Time to do the CBBT and breakwater, I see.
Mark

Hiya

Nice Fish!!!!:D :D

Looks like i'm gonna have to spend our winters over there!!!

Just HOW far is that from Cape Town? Now all i've got to do is figure out where to put that 2000 liters of fuel i'm gonna need to get there!!!:D :D :D

Regards
miles:D

Finally managed to get a nice spearing graphic attached to my boat!!!:D :D

miles

Attachments

• graphics 001small.jpg
    graphics 001small.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
Reactions: Alison
Hey Miles

Nice boat dude !! At least I now have seen your pics, so know who and what boat to look out for at Cape Point !
Had a quiet w/end, no diving, was going to go to Buffels today, but laughed it off. Please do'nt depress me with stories of an epic day off the 'point' !!

Jeff

Thanx Jeff

Bad news for both of us though!!! Viz was 10m+ and water was almost 18degrees outside the point on Saturday!!! Arrrghhhhh!!!! I went line fishing seeing as i thought the north would bring in cold water!!! Didn't even both to check with scuba shack!!!! Serves me right!!

Had a great day on the water none-the-less!!!! Went to Gordons Bay. Were accompanied by a school of dolpins and GF managed to catch the biggest fish for the day, a 4kg Red Stumpnose. Well she actually caught the two biggest fish for the day.:eek: :eek:

Miles

Attachments

• deeper blue dolphins13.jpg
    deeper blue dolphins13.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 243
Hiya

My "new" boat has finally arrived!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

6.5m (about 21') Hysucat Semi Rigid Inflatable
2x50hp 4stroke yamaha's

The boat runs on a hydrofoil system which was developed in Cape Town. Simply put, the ride is AWESOME!!!! Handles unlike any other boat i've been on!!!!

Anycase, my current boat was getting a tad bit too small, and now i can venture up to 40nm off-shore and go give them YF tunas some grief!!! Only one month before Tuna Season is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards
miles

Attachments

• 6.5m hysucat rear side view.jpg
    6.5m hysucat rear side view.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 295
Maiden voyage!!!!

Attachments

• 6.5m hysucat maiden voyage.jpg
    6.5m hysucat maiden voyage.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 438
Will take some better pictures tommorow, after i've managed to clean the boat up!!!!

Rolo, now you got no excuse NOT to visit Cape Town!!!!!

Regards
miles

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT