• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

My New Spearing Boat

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Luuuuuuuuuvvlllyyy boat Miles, looking foward to taking you up on an invite to go to Dassen !!!

Had a very special day yesterday on the Atlantic. Returned to the same spot that my spearing career started, at North-Paw, Atlantic. was on the same boat ( 54 ft Yacht, 'Esperance') on a chartered trip. The reef bottom near North paw sits at 19 - 21 meters, last time did'nt even get in with my gun, was too busy desperately trying to touch the bottom and charge up. :D

Yesterday, anchored about 50 meters off the Paw, and found a reef with top at 15m and bottom at 20m. Shot 4 nice Hotties , but more importantly for me, the first was shot at 15 meters, the other 3 at 19 meters after descent, relax, select the fish, relax, shoot, and nice slow ascent. Was my first hunting past 15 meters, so mentally a big step foward for me!!! :D

Jeff

Hiya

Thanx!!!!

Island_sands, maiden voyage was great. SMOOOOOTHHHHHH!!!! Hell, i'still can't wipe the smile off my face!!! So, hopefully when you do come visit, you can see (or should i say feel!!) just how smooth!!!! (The boat, and not the spearo, silly!!! Well, maybe the spearo' if you play your cards right!!:D :D :D )

Bluecape, man you're nuts!!!! Spearing hotties (don't start Sara!!) at 20m in 10-12 degrees water!!! Thats great going. Should be able to do in excess of 20m in Struisbaai's 18-20degrees water!!

Memo, hang in there!!!! Almost out of your "prison"!!! Then its spearing time!!!!

Cingene, thanx, but don't ask!!!!:waterwork :waterwork

Regards
miles

thanks buddy its 17days left! and I have some major projects which will make everyone in DB grin a little :D

Nice boat miles. Catamaran 4 life! I have a 22' ft glacier bay, and i love it.

Lovely Boat Miles.... Congrads ...

i have a 5.05m Gemini with 115 Hp .... thinking of upgrading to a 6.0m ....

what hight of waves can your boat handle .... we get some rough sea here and am looking to buy a boat!

Happy spearing Miles!!!!

:)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT