• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New Freediving Software for O2/CO2 tables / Yoga Breathing training.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
That's just because he hasn't made that part yet. :p

You'll have to wait a little bit longer.

Doh!!!! :duh

My bad, thanks... I can happily and eagarly wait as long as necessary.

Last edited:
Hi Jozef,

First of all I would like to thank you for this great idea! I just saw this thread, so forgive me if I add some comments that are already covered by your software.....

I personally had some troubles with the existing (on-line) html-based software, as the timer is dependent on CPU-speed which unfortunately is not constant. Therefore, my first 'wish' would be some kind of timer that is synchronized with the PC-clock, and not simply a counter that estimates the time.

- Real-time counter
- Flexibility:
- possibility to add free customized tables
- possibility to save tables
- remember last used A and B tables, as I repeat a certain table
a few times before increasing difficulty

- Increasing the difficulty of the training tables is often done as follows:
Objective 1: Increase number of apneas using minimum rest time
(Tables A: CO2)
Objective 2: Decrease the minimum recovery time by .. seconds
Objective 3: Increase overall breathhold time by .. seconds
In order to facilitate objective 1, it would be useful if it is possible to
set the number of apneas using minimum rest time, such that e.g. the
next table will be created if this value is set to 2:

No. Rest Hold
1 0:02:45 0:02:30
2 0:02:30 0:02:30
3 0:02:15 0:02:30
4 0:02:00 0:02:30
5 0:01:45 0:02:30
6 0:01:30 0:02:30
7 0:01:15 0:02:30 <--- minimum rest time (1st)
8 0:01:15 0:02:30 <--- minimum rest time (2nd)

- Statistics would be nice
- Possiblity to 'load' mp3-files to be played in the background
(dilbert69 in reply #28 suggested to export mp3 with selected
background music. That is also an awesome idea!)
- Adax made some very interesting notes in replies #24 and #27 in
this thread:
- suggestions for training table with inreased difficulty
- flexibility to add extra 'alarms' add specific intervals from the target time
- countdown option

You are currently creating a program with a lot of features, which is very nice and I like a lot. I am however curious whether it is possible to create a version with limited features that is optimised for use on a PDA/Smartphone working with WindowsMobile. Using a PocketPC, it would be possible to train anywhere I like, outside, beach, the clean air of a forest, etc ...... Maybe it could be working together with the extended pc-version, e.g. by exporting tables from the pc-version, which can be read by the PocketPC-version?

Pfff, wild ideas!!!!! As I am definitely not experienced in programming, I cannot estimate the difficulty of this idea.

Of course a mp3-file would also work, but it would be even better if it would be possible to have a short glimpse at the table and the timer on the screen of my PocketPC.

Anyway, thanks a lot for sharing your program with us.
Not everybody has these excellent programming skills!

Ciao, Raimond

Last edited:
Hello all. I love the idea of this software but am having no luck getting it to run. When I extract and save the exe. file, then try to run it, I get a DLL error. I'm not very literate when it comes to computers. Can any one point me in the right direction?

I think a great idea would to have a BIG timer ( like the WHOLE screen ), for breath hold time ( remaining ) because I do my apnea in bed, and my computer is like 3meters away, so I dont know if it's the last apnea or not, I have to get up, etc..
is it possible, technically?

AKA-Aaron said:
Hello all. I love the idea of this software but am having no luck getting it to run. When I extract and save the exe. file, then try to run it, I get a DLL error. I'm not very literate when it comes to computers. Can any one point me in the right direction?

I'm not sure - but I think you must have Microsoft .Net-Framework installed on your computer. You can download it directly from Microsoft without any costs.

HTH

Hi, thanks for this new software...
I can do the Portuguese translation.

Keep up the good work

Fernando

This is great - thanks for all your hard work

Sam

Hi!

Great job !
I hadn't time in the past to make changes in my program.
But I will start now to code a program for PDA's and Smartphones based on windows mobile OS. If you give me the data format of your program I could create an interface between the two systems. I would also use your GUI as far as possible to make it easier for users.

What do you think ?

Cheers
Stefan

www.StefansFreedive.de

Hi Stefan,

It would be wonderful if you and Jozef could combine your skills in programming to create new freediving software for PC and PDA/Smartphone!

Thank you for your offer to contribute in the excellent work Jozef has already done. I hope Jozef accepts your offer, which would also reduce the amount of work for him.

Before I often used your software, which works fine but has limited options compared to Jozef's new software. The two of you together must be capable of creating a very good training tool.

Unfortunately I am terrible at programming, but if I can be of any other help, please let me know. I speak Dutch, English and German.

Kind regards, Rai

Hi !

I already start to code it.
It's no problem for me to create an interface between our programs later.
So please let me know which PDA you have ( also the OS version ).
Is it OK for you to test the program later on your PDA ?

Best regards
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Of course I would like to test the software! Actually, I cannot wait .... :)

I own a smartphone which is originally called 'HTC Wizard', but this Pocket PC (PPC) phone is also sold as Qtek 9100, I-mate K-JAM, T-Mobile MDA Vario, Orange SPV M3000, O2 XDA Mini S, Dopod 838 or Cingular 8125. (see also http://www.htcwizardweb.net/)

The Operating system is Windows Mobile 5.
The device has a LCD screen of 240x320 pixels. I will try to upload pictures of different sizes to my PPC to find out the amount of pixels available for the program when the standard taskbars are taken into account.

Do you think it is possible to program the software to actively prevent the PPC from going into standby mode? Of course it is also possible to change these settings before starting a table, and change it again when finished.

Ciao, Rai

Hi !

Actual status of the PDA version:

It's on the way !
The PDA version is a little bit more complex bevause of the limited speed ( around 320Mhz instead of 2Ghz ) and the limited working memory. And last but not least the display it's a little bit smaller than a PC screen. A lot of information on a small display !

- Test of your max breath hold time and saving this is done !
- Calculating of table A is done !
- Load and save the table A is done !

That's it for the moment !

Stefan

Hi !
When the software is done you can download it at my website.
But I don't want to give the software out of my hands until it's ready and tested.

Stefan

Stefan Seyer said:
Hi !
When the software is done you can download it at my website.
But I don't want to give the software out of my hands until it's ready and tested.

Stefan

Thanks Stefan.
And where can I download the Jozef's software?

Hi Stefan,
do you still make changes in your Windows-version too? Or can you make at least minor changes in the windows version like storing the 'old' values?

He uploaded it on page 3. It isn't complete yet, though.

[ame="http://forums.deeperblue.net/showpost.php?p=609726&postcount=39"]DeeperBlue Forums - View Single Post - New Freediving Software for O2/CO2 tables / Yoga Breathing training.[/ame]

Hi

I concentrate now first on the PDA version. My thought was that it will be possible to sync the PDA with the data of Jozef's software. Until today I didn't heard enything from Jozef.

Last edited:
Stefan,
Jozef's last activity in the forum was 4 weeks ago.

I, for myself, think, that he has no more time (at least in the moment) to make any more developments in his program. That's the reason why I ask for changes in your program. That would be nice.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT