• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New Freediving Software for O2/CO2 tables / Yoga Breathing training.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I would just like to say thankyou for this programme. Its nice to be able to just lay there without having to check the time (as my stopwatch didnt beep at the end). It has allowed me to go from a PB of 3.10 to 4.05 in a matter of weeks..

Phil

Last edited:
Hi,

the new PC version 2.1 is online.

-New Design
-Play Mp3 during your attemp
-Save FreeTable
-Save your succesfull table in a Training log
-Bug in saving table b solved
-Some small bugfixes

Best regards
Stefan

www.StefansFreedive.de

Last edited:
Reactions: sanso
Hola Todos,

I had a great time reading this entire thread. A perfect example of independent collaborative development.

Stephan, you are an awsome guy to continue soliciting suggestions for improvement, stay with the programming process on your own initiative and your own time (I can only guess how many hours you have put into this), post a finished Beta product, debug, and even post an upgrade.

Joseph, you had a very creative and ambitious start... thanks for all of your hard work as well. Now that there is a base product, perhaps the two of you could work together on future upgrades?

Just my way of thinking, but Stephan, you deserve to be compensated for your efforts. It is a benefit to the entire freediving community to have you continue with this project, develop further upgrades and even add-in applications, and especially to support the product. Might I suggest three simple ideas?
  1. Introduction - Start a new thread so that newcomers to the product do not have to wade through 10 pages of development, but add a link to this thread for those who are intersted in reading about the process. In this new thread, provide a link to the download and basic instructions for using the program.
  2. Funding & Liability - Provide the software on a classic shareware basis. People can download the software for free to see if they like it and will use it. If they do like it and use it, ask them to donate $25 or $50 (you need to decide the amount) to support the product. Make this an "Introduction" page during the download process, and make people check a box swearing that they are on their honor to abide by this. Provide upgrades only to contributors! Make sure to also include an acknowledgement of a disclaimer of liability on this page, and require a checkmart for that too.
  3. Marketing - Every freediver in the world is interested in improving their breath holding times. Post an invitation to download your Shareware on every scuba and freedive site on the internet! (Ask forum moderators for permission first!)
I hope you make a few bucks for your efforts.

Gracias,

Bill

Hi all,

I have been a member of DeeperBlue for a while and have never posted. I have been "doing my own thing" for a while with respect to Apnea and can manage to swim 60m underwater without fins. However, I would liike to get better as I love being undeerwater in the ocean with just a mask and snorkel.

I have been reading this thread for a few days and think the spirit of what you guys are doing with software is fantastic.

The question I would like to ask is how do you use the table and where do you start, ie what is the time you use as an initial starting value for breathhold.

I have actually found it hard to find any information on how to start, what the CO2 tables mean and how they should be used etc. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

James

As promised earlier, I developed another freediving training program. Unlike other available applications, it offers more possibilities. Besides the common O2 and CO2 tables, there are also other exercises available, and you can plan also entire static and dynamic training sessions, courses, or whole year training programs. Many other interesting features.

The program is platform and operating system independent - and does not require any installation. Any modern Javascript enabled browser should be sufficient. You do not necessarily need to be online for the training - you can save the sessions on your disk and start whenever needed, even offline.

More details about it can be found in this thread:
http://forums.deeperblue.net/genera...diving-media-base-apnea-training-manager.html

In case of questions or problems, please post there.

Last edited:
thank you very much trux this is one of the reasons why I'm proud for being of this forum

How do I get this software?
Well, this is a quite old thread, so nothing new (although I permanently continue on the development since that time). You can get it when you follow the link posted, or click the Apnea Training Manager link in my signature.

Hi Trux,
I use your Anea Trainner yet. It works very well.
But its not always that I have a computer and a internet link to conect.
So, do you know any simple software that works on smartphone or mp3 player ?
thanks
PEDRO

Stefans site is not working for me either?? any one knows where I can get the latest version??? thanks

Also I wish it was available for the palm pre!!

thank you guys for all this work.

Last edited:
Apparently Stefan abandoned the domain, as it is now owned by domain squatters. The original version can be seen in the Wayback Machine here:

Download

However, the download links do not work.

Well, you can try contacting Stephan, but I guess he has no interest in maintaining the software, otherwise he would not let go the domain name. Try looking at the other alternatives in the list I posted - there are plenty of them. If your phone has a built-in browser, most of the web based applications will work on your phone too. And you do not even need to be online - it is enough loading the program, keeping it in the cache, and you can then run it anytime

Last edited:
thanks trux, u r always really helpful, I went to the links on your page, downloaded the first on the list, very nice. I just need to learn how to use it, I've never used this kind of tables before. thnks

:(

crud.jpg

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT