• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Nice Cipa Open 2005

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
i wish i could say "i only did 98m" :)

does anyone have any more results? how did the Brits do? i hope to see more of our records broken - especially static as i know many people are capable of breaking it.

(Dave - any diving plans later this year? i may be heading to Dahab in Sept. mail me if you're interested.)

I heard Timo Kinnunen and Peter Pedersen did 75m in CW and and Mathias Lanner 74m. Pedersen had announced 150 for dynamic, but propably will do more...If I understood correctly, Sietas had done 8:29 in static training. I guess Carlos is capable of 6:30 in static, but how about dynamic?

A lot of people capable of taking the first prize. I wouldn't be totally surprised if one of them goes to Finland, but we'll see :)

I guess dynamic should be done by now?

Last edited:
Johanna (whom to my understanding won the womens combined competition) told me that the "results are all on the web". Unfortunately she didn't specify where :)

I couldn't find them on aidafrance.org and the domain name for cipapnea.com seems to have expired, so that's not working at all.

I only know the Finnish results and I don't know if these are official. According to my info Johanna Nordblad won the women and Timo Kinnunen was second in men (in total points). Very well done guys :)

If I had to guess, the winner of the total compeititon in men would be Pedersen or Sietas. But I guess we just have to wait and see...

It would be more professional if competitions displayed the results DIRECTLY.
It could be part of the judges obligations to register results on internet within 2 hours after last athletes performance.

In Aidasweden we have an easy way to update results. Via any internetcomputer one can access a database.

Check our last competition this weekend:
click on the toplink.
http://www.aidasweden.se/index.asp?sLanguage=sw&sPage=calendar_old

regards
Sebastian

jome said:
Thanks for the updates.
I heard Guillaume made 88?

yes he did... and was second between Carlos and Peter Pedersen...

jome said:
How about Tom Sietas?

I saw him do a nice 8'10" (he was very sad about it but his girlfriend was happy with it...)

He also won the dynamic with a 175 m (?) ; second was Peter Pedersen with something like 169 m +/_... (I saw him doing his dynamic but the official distance is difficult to assess because of penalties due to emerging monofin...)

Peter Pedersen was 3rd in CWT behind Carlos and Guillaume with 75 m (?) ; he was the overall winner (CWT + STA + DYN) of the competition ; he officially declared that he now intended to put the stress on constant weight, which is a difficult discipline to practice in Denmark...

and above all he congratulated me on my extremely modest 65 m DNF :) ...!

jome said:
Will be exciting tomorrow, there's some pretty good dynamic and static athletes in there. I count 3 current or previous world record holders and a quite a few that have been close.

Your compatriot Johanna did something like 139 m in DYN, 40 (45 ?) m in CWT ; she is the overall female winner (CWT + STA + DYN) of the competition ;

The deepest women was Ruth Flores from Venezuela with 53 m (?) ; as far as I remember she also won the static (but I may be a little confused...) ; I remember seeing twice the Venezuelian flag on the podium...

The male winner of DNF is the French Claude Roland with 122 m...

The comp ended in a salsa bar on the Promenade des Anglais and I could have the great advantage of having private lessons of Venezuelian dancing given by Ruth Flores and Carlos's companera ; Yamina Enedahl Mekki is a professional salsa dancer and she intends to go to Paris to improve her salsa technique (which I do not quite understand I confess...)

We had excellent conditions for this comp (the weather and the sea for CWT and a nice swimming pool with warm water and a smooth bottom on Sunday...)

It was a very nice event...

cebaztian said:
It could be part of the judges obligations to register results on internet within 2 hours after last athletes performance.

2 hours after last athletes performance we were celebrating in le vieux Nice and then in a very hot salsa bar... this the French way of life... :girlie

Cebaztian

We have something similar. The idea is that the the results are directly input in to this "results machine" as they are realized and it is immediately available for viewing in our site. All that is needed is a computer with an internet connection and one person dedicated to filling the results in...

There were some plans to make this kind of system AIDA standrad procedure. Ie. there would be a web-system that organizers could use to create an "event". As I understand it's really a problem for the folks at aida international to try to compile the information that comes form competions. Everyone has their on format of excel, raw text or just written on a napkin or something.

Unfortunately this has been on ice for some time due to time constraints (always the same lame excuse :)

You can take a look at the prototype at www.freedivingfinland.net/results/

The nice thing is that anyone interested can monitor the results in real time and we still have time to party 2 hours after the competition. It's all done by the time the last results is realized ;)

Subaquaticus,

Thanks again for the info. Wish I could've been there. And congrats on your performances.

Last edited:
Alun said:
do you know of any British results?

About the Brits....

Constant weight:
Mark 55m (so no excuse not to go back to Nice in September :) )
Anne Marie 45m (3rd female in CW :thankyou )
Sam 35m (but red card due to a few waves that submerged her airways :hmm )
Me 45m (as I am almost half english now :duh )

Static:
Mark Black out at around 6 minutes :waterwork
Anne Marie 4 min +/-
Sam 3 min +/-
Me 5:09

Can't remember exactly about dynamics... nothing extremely interesting :vangry as it was after some wine for everyone :ko

Very very Nice comp.... specially as it was my first one in CW...
Much wormer than in Chepstow :cool: around 21 C
A lot of sun, no wind, plenty of sun fishes on the surface... very nice....

Last edited:
massive congratulations to peter pedersen!

seems like doing endless laps in a pool isn't a waste of time after all. :D

roland

Hi again,

Does anyone have a photo of the constant podium with Guillaume, Carlos, Peter ...and Timo?

I need one with the sticker of our sponsor "GESCLUB" on the back. Can anyone help me ? It is for an article....

Thanks for those who came...and for all the ones who will come next year.

:)
O
O
O
o
o
°
°
°
Francois Gautier - CIPA - NICE
00 33 6 60 20 92 15
bzugo80@yahoo.fr

Thanks Francois - it was a great competition.... will be back soon for more..clearly I need to practise being in the sea with waves and get out of the lake ;)

sam

francois said:
Hi again,

Does anyone have a photo of the constant podium with Guillaume, Carlos, Peter ...and Timo?

I need one with the sticker of our sponsor "GESCLUB" on the back. Can anyone help me ? It is for an article....

Thanks for those who came...and for all the ones who will come next year.

:)
O
O
O
o
o
°
°
°
Francois Gautier - CIPA - NICE
00 33 6 60 20 92 15
bzugo80@yahoo.fr

Hi Francois, thanks for the comp, really great.
Here is a pic, I just have this one with the sponsor on the back. Let me know if it is good enough, I can send you the full size version by e-mail

Rémi

Attachments

• RedimensionnerCW.jpg
    RedimensionnerCW.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 198
Francois, Loic ... everyone at CIPA,
Thanx for making us all so welcome. Perfect sunshine all the way and especially wonderful to catch up with friends from far flung corners.
Until next time, keep it deep! :D
Laura Storm

he francois and all from the team,
thanks for the competition.
we like the french art of comp. so friendly, funny and relax.

wolle for the germans...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT