• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Nordic Deep

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Well thanks for the fast respond : )

Anyways. I wish it where that easy. But there is no "membership" information on the norwegiean site. Also I tried registrering for the forums, but it didn't work :blackeye getting an error message about 10 times, gave up for now. Where are they all at anyways, Blue hole Dahab I guess :)

Searched for the danish version, remembered that i sent them an e-mail years ago, and never got a respond. I will try again off course. But I would prefer to be a member in the country where I live

Again thank you for helping.

Thank you very much. Well I guess that is all I need.
I wish there was a society or a club of freedivers here (where I live), but there is not.
Nice to have a place like this for questions and stuff, thanks all, hopefully see you at Nordic Deep :martial

Last edited:
The web page is very poorly updated at the moment, so it is still unconfirmed, but some news about very big results today:

Two women made 150+ dnf dives, one of which was Kathryn McPhee surfacing at 154. It is not a recognized WR but it's probably the longes dive in the world done in competition.

Norwegian Bjarte did a huge 196 dnf dive, upping the old national record by over 50 meters.

The Worlds in Aarhus will be a killer spectacle and I for sure will enjoy it!

Cheers!
Christian (who has to work all week while his friends are up in Lysekil having great fun and good dives)

Thanks Christian for the update!!

What a big results!! WOW, I'm really amazed by these incredible numbers!
Who was the other women doing 150+?
I hope everybody is reserving their super days for the World Championship, and not go too deep in Sweet Sweden.

196m by Bjarte... man... unbelievable!

I really hope they got good underwater video in Aarhus!

When you got more info please let us know!

Love, Courage and Water,

Kars

We would have wanted to be more Public Related but we are busy actually diving and organizing. And any spare time is preferably used socializing.

But a short summary so far...
3 day and five comps done
Jesper S in the lead among the men after doing the deepest ever dive in Gullmaren 79 meters (we ran out of rope).
Kathryn M in the lead after among othre dives a 154 meter dive DNF.

Sofia T 125 DNF NR
Jens 159 DNF DQ SP
Mads I 62 CNF DQ BO tried to beat Stigs old record.
Klara 43 CNF NR (at last)
Ingela VWT 58

The non freediving kitchen assistant did 3 min in surfshorts an no mask.
Some enthusiastic 18 year old beginner called Fanny proved us wrong when we expected a BO after she added 8 m to her PB and actually did 48 FIM. Heavy debate among crew on how to handle "crazy" announcements.
Guy god a hug from the depth and has not showed us any of his STA stunts.
Maria did a pack BO but rested and did a training DNF to 150!
Lots of PB´s by swedes (happy faces).

Sebastian

Great! :D I love it!

- to bad they couldn't fire me strait away or I would have been there...

Wow - really good results! Keep us updated!

Morten

(Oh no, Kars - they rejected your apply for vacation to go to Crystal clear + ND - and then fired you when it was too late to go?)

Last edited:
No they've not fired me yet, because basically they had not much on me, and they are going on vacation...

Now I've asked for two weeks for TD, and if they really want to piss me off they'll deny me that and only offer me the -legal- two weeks in the last part of Septembre. But than it's Lawyer time, because most colleagues are than already back and thus NO reason not to give me my vacation. This year I only got 3 days off, out of my 24...
But let's not run ahead of the situation, and be happy for our breather n having a great time in Sweden.

Love, Courage and Water,

Kars

Two women made 150+ dnf dives, one of which was Kathryn McPhee surfacing at 154. It is not a recognized WR but it's probably the longes dive in the world done in competition.

WOW! Whow was the second women?

Norwegian Bjarte did a huge 196 dnf dive, upping the old national record by over 50 meters.

Again, incredible! But if I remember right, he did 152m at last years ND.

I really can't wait now to see what will happen in Aarhus. I just hope people will not burn out doing such BIG performances so close to the WC.

Christian (who has to work all week while his friends are up in Lysekil having great fun and good dives)

I'm sure it will all be good when you come over next week... ;) see you in the pool...

Repeating Sebastian: "Maria did a pack BO but rested and did a training DNF to 150!"

Unconfirmed results from the pool today:
Lots of different colored cards, but Kathryn did 159 dnf with white card.

Otherwise I hear lots of laughter in the background when talking to them on the phone, so it sounds like a merry bunch up there.

That amazing results in this shallow pool. And look like girls bit boys (accept the grate Bjarte of course).

Kiwi news:

Our honorary Kiwi Ruth Griffin did a 175m DYN and new British record!!!

Suzy just missed out on regaining the DYN NZ record with 190m, huge since she's jetlagged and recovering from a cold.

Chris has done nice clean dives: STA 4:35, DNF 137m, DYN 158m

Guy got in the water today for the first time after his squeeze (he did CWT to -50m on Monday after arriving on Saturday). He's still a bit jet lagged and did a 150m DYN.
Suzy did a nice easy 105m DNF yesterday.

I did a 6:33 STA day one.

Maria Hovden (Norwegian honorary Kiwi) did an easy 35m FIM and 70m DNF with beautiful technique.

We're also claiming Bjarte as an honorary Kiwi!!! :)

Oh bugger, I want to become a kiwi!

Is it also possible to become one over mail?

Oh bugger, I want to become a kiwi!

Is it also possible to become one over mail?

only if you start sticking your stamps on upside down Kars.

GO KIWIS

Great results from all, the next 4 months will be very interesting.

Go Kiwis!!!

Hey great dives everybody......awesome Kathryn , well done Ruth on you new UK record keep aiming high, and Suzy I know what you are capable of just keep working at it.....and I hope you get over your cold quickly!

Guy I'm sure with a few more days things will improve and Chris I am very pleased that you are becoming more consistent ......

To all of you I hope you have a great time and achieve your goals!

Wish I was there.

John

Hi John - we are all online to say thanks very much and we wish you were here too! I'm [Suzy] starting to feel better & its been great coming to Nordic Deep to get over the jet lag & we are all really enjoying ourselves. Ruth did a 30m dive [FI] and enjoyed it & came up smiling [only white card for the day]...most of us have been staying away from the deep diving to keep ourselves fresh for pool. Everyone says hi & we'll do our best to keeep you updated. Miss you! Suzy, Ruth, Kathryn, Guy & Chris!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT